Player King Vuniyayawa

Heard from a couple of sources within the camp this guy will play NRL in 2018 and is impressing so much he could be a potential bolter off the bench RD1.

Any information on this guy? big dynamic lad apparently similar to Ukuma Tai

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney

Read the article. Probably a good indication why development of players is being farmed out to people who know how to develop players.

TLDR; Told to trial as a winger, because he was from Fiji.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013

Read the article. Probably a good indication why development of players is being farmed out to people who know how to develop players.

TLDR; Told to trial as a winger, because he was from Fiji.
Well we do play props on the wing.

I remember a coach when I was young he was explaining to a young player how they say rugby is a player for all body types but they look at the body and you play that position. In league they look at your skills and then find your position. He used Mal Meninga as an example as he'd likely have been a front rower in union.

You from Fiji play on the wing. The comedy for this club writes itself sometimes. As sad as that is.

This guy has been a good find though. Him and Katoa have given our forward power a lift.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I like the way he runs. Just needs time and patience with ball security.

Common problem for Warrior noobs before Kearney came along....oh wait ...forget I said it...

• Haha
Reactions: Swanley and Bushman

RMatenga

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 24, 2020
Well we do play props on the wing.

I remember a coach when I was young he was explaining to a young player how they say rugby is a player for all body types but they look at the body and you play that position. In league they look at your skills and then find your position. He used Mal Meninga as an example as he'd likely have been a front rower in union.

You from Fiji play on the wing. The comedy for this club writes itself sometimes. As sad as that is.

This guy has been a good find though. Him and Katoa have given our forward power a lift.

King was brought in from Fox Memorial footy when he was 19.

He trained all pre-season with Warriors 20s and when it came to trial the coach played him on wing - even though at club he only played lock at the time.

King eventually got another opportunity to fill in at reserves. Nearly progressed to NRL after a pre-season.

King then returned to 2nd division club footy with Manurewa - got a call up to cover for NRL pre-season last year.

Even then he wasnt considered for NRLsquat until massive amount of injuries.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
King's off to Leeds on a 1 year contract. Good luck to him.
Good luck to him , small for a prop but I thought he always played well for us in his limited time, surprised he didn't play more

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings