Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

I think it's pretty common for players to travel together to training.
Assuming there is someone who lives out near him.

Otherwise, his rugby contract can probably cover a few Ubers.

My jungle ball definition is those plays where the forward runs hard,
back in the day, the local Polynesian players had a flair for unrehearsed passing moves, that were quite stunning. e.g. the back flip from Ali to Stacey, the back wards basketball pass from Sione Faumuiana to whoever was there.

they ware not percentage plays though..

back in the day, the local Polynesian players had a flair for unrehearsed passing moves, that were quite stunning. e.g. the back flip from Ali to Stacey, the back wards basketball pass from Sione Faumuiana to whoever was there.

they ware not percentage plays though..
Actually I think we have a 100% completion rate for our backflip through the legs passes over our 28 years, we should continue with this high percentage play.

He'll be fine travelling. Canada probably wouldn't let him in, but everywhere else should be OK.

Australia issues a visa on arrival to NZ passport holders. It would mean that he has to declare it each time he enters Australia, and they assess his character for the visa.

Australia doesn't allow people that have been incarcerated, but otherwise he's all good
i got a DUI in my late teens, 19 i think? and haven’t had any problems getting into any countries.

US and Canada included.

To be honest I'm surprised more people don't get caught in similar fashion the following day. I used to drop my car off and a friends place as it was closer to town. We'd head out from there. The next day he'd drive back to my place and we'd head off.

I may have had a few more hours sleep but would often wonder if you'd blow over the limit even though you are feeling fine.

I've heard of some people getting done the following day. That is usually being told third hand so the person telling the story might not have the full details or the person who did it might have said it was the following day to make themselves look better.

He only had 4 hours sleep so not a lot of time to sleep it off and was driving while at a time the police would still be out catching the last lot of people heading home.

Sure it's not a great headline. But he's owned up to it which is the main thing.
It takes 1 hour for 1 standard unit of alcohol to process through your liver. If he had 5 beers (stubbies) that's roughly 10 standard alcohol units.
Your liver just can't do it quicker, thats the science of it.
If he waited another hour or two he'd still have alcohol in his system but probably be under the limit in a blood test.
Sleeping it off is a misnomer unless you sleep enough hours for how many alcohol units you've had.

It takes 1 hour for 1 standard unit of alcohol to process through your liver. If he had 5 beers (stubbies) that's roughly 10 standard alcohol units.
If he waited another hour or two he'd still have alcohol in his system but probably be under the limit in a blood test.
Sleeping it off is a misnomer unless you sleep enough hours for how many alcohol units you've had.
You know your stuff.

When I did drink and drive I used the same calculations, passed two Booze bus stops after testing positive as I expected at the road side quick test.

You have to be careful though, you need to take into account your body size and gender to a small degree, however it is obviously stupid to sail that close to the wind.

I don't drink and drive anymore because I don't drive period.

Ubers are great, I use them a lot and don't have to do calculations before hand.

Those booze buses are miserable places to sit in. I hated it, even though I knew I was going to pass, I still felt like a criminal.

Last thing I will say on the subject is if you are one to have one for the road don't even bother trying to learn units, it is about self control and if you cannot say no to a borderline last drink then you have to adopt a zero alcohol when driving stance...or it will get you one day.

I'm looking at the back of my beer and it says 1 standard drink.
Or is a standard drink different to a standard alcohol unit?

A 4% abv 330ml is 1 standard drink in NZ.

In general are pro athletes bad at processing alcohol?
5 beers from some time in the evening until 2am, then caught after 6am and he's over the limit.

I went to the Summer concert this year, with mate driving us there and back. He had 5 or maybe 6 standard drinks throughout the day, stopping before the last band's set, he calculated what he thought would be ok. It was a crazy hot day, and I don't think he even ate anything. Every car was breath tested on the way out, he passed, just (it's a very low limit).

I don't drive myself, but I wouldn't risk it after any amount of drinks with that limit.

As someone else mentioned I'm also surprised that Roger drinks at all.

Every bottle of alcohol has to have the units of alcohol on them as well as the percentage of pure alcohol in it. My kids drink the rtd lolly shite and the 5% ones are around 2.1 or 2.3 units depending on which alcohol is the base. So you can count how much units you're drinking (till you get to the point you stop counting anything lol). If you mix your own spirits with something you can still count the units but you have to use a nip glass, not just guess lol 🍻 beers are measured & labelled in the same way.

When Adesanya got done & let off without conviction it stated he had "87 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. The legal limit is 50 milligrams". With RTS the report said he "blew 453 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath". Why the difference in tests & measurements? I thought a blood test was needed after a breath test?
Is the level of intoxication similar between Israel & RTS?
The 87 milligrams for Adesanya was from a blood test. RTS only took the breath alcohol test. Everyone initially takes the breath test and you then have the choice to accept that result or elect to take a blood test and hope for a better outcome. If you pass the initial breath test then you don’t take the blood test and pretty much walk out the door.
The 87 milligrams equals approx 435 micrograms.

Just had my very own RTS moment. Driving back from the in-laws after celebrating wife’s birthday with a few gin n tonics and as I’m driving I’m thinking , can’t believe RTS got done for drink driving, such an unlikely bloke for that kind of thing, bet he feels like utter shit, feel so sorry for him blah blah. Nek minnut as I turn the corner there’s a fucking booze bus! I just had this bad feeling in my bones like I know I’m gonna get done here, the cop breathalyzes me and then asks for my license and that’s the first time I’ve had my license checked so I’m thinking I’m fucked but then he said Allgood.

I reckon I was just under he adult limit hence the license check.

What a shit feeling, can’t imagine how he’s feeling getting done for such a low reading.

Just had my very own RTS moment. Driving back from the in-laws after celebrating wife’s birthday with a few gin n tonics and as I’m driving I’m thinking , can’t believe RTS got done for drink driving, such an unlikely bloke for that kind of thing, bet he feels like utter shit, feel so sorry for him blah blah. Nek minnut as I turn the corner there’s a fucking booze bus! I just had this bad feeling in my bones like I know I’m gonna get done here, the cop breathalyzes me and then asks for my license and that’s the first time I’ve had my license checked so I’m thinking I’m fucked but then he said Allgood.

I reckon I was just under he adult limit hence the license check.

What a shit feeling, can’t imagine how he’s feeling getting done for such a low reading.
Lucky you did not have to pull over and sit in the bus and look at all the miserable people in there, some though are clearly farked before they blow on the big machine because they are swaying.

That reminds me of the time I ran a booze stop and got chased down the Motorway in Wellington.

The cops were pointing these weird sticks at the road and waving them back in forward, there was a massive BP fuel tanker pulled over ahead, I just assumed it was a flammable hazard and that the cops were waving their sticks for me to drive slowly through the road cones around the truck.

Anyway as I say I slowly drove up the highway and there were flashing lights and sirens, four cop cars chasing me.

When I wound down the window the cop said why 'didn't you fucking stop at a breath testing station"

I told him the truth, I said I had no idea waving sticks pointed at the ground means stop, he said "everybody knows what that means" so I politely mentioned it was not in the road code when I sat my License.

So this cop says "If you have even a hint of Alcohol in your blood you are under arrest for running a check point and evading police".

Luckily I had knocked off work that night and stopped at my friends who were Mormons and their idea of a night cap was Milo and some cake.

When I blew clean the policeman told me to "Fuck off and go straight home".

I have had a lot of issues with the police bro, my car when I was young got pulled over all the time, skin colour stops, especially when I owned a flash car for my demographic.

Surprised this is the first time you have been asked for your License.

When my hair greyed the cops stopped pulling me over, it is pretty shit for young men of colour though, my son and his mate get a hard time, I just tell him to always be uber polite, the police are not all the same like any job,

Last edited:
RTS must be thinking Gerard Sutton and that blind, unfit, slow touch judge are officiating in Christchurch. Tonight 1 metre knock-ons are interpreted as sideways. 2 metre forward passes are not as bad as Reece Walsh’s so it’s a clear play on….

RTS must be thinking Gerard Sutton and that blind, unfit, slow touch judge are officiating in Christchurch. Tonight 1 metre knock-ons are interpreted as sideways. 2 metre forward passes are not as bad as Reece Walsh’s so it’s a clear play on….
Already saved a try against the winger on the recruitment thread that was posted today. Playing well.

Already saved a try against the winger on the recruitment thread that was posted today. Playing well.
How good he threw a terrible bounce pass to Rayasi and was angry with himself when Rayasi went to praise him… ultimate professional like CNK

I got done as a 17 year old

Blew 300, legal limit at the time was 150 (youth or restricted license I can't remember, a long time ago)

I had 5 beers over about 5 hours. 4%ers. By the science I probably should have been ok so it was strange. Mind you I skinny asf and probably hadn't eaten dinner.

I remember this vividly because I was the "sober" driver that night, albeit "sober" as a silly teen was not in the literal sense but just feeling ok enough to drive at the time, lol

Back