vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll be all good, Martin and Walker will have had a weeks worth of kicking practice. That's plenty of time, should be completely fine 👀

waterboy-we (1).gif

Does the new forum have a "Sack the coach" thread yet? Some people might need it if we lose and have no kicking game again haha

I've torn a calf. It sucks. If he has special treatment he might be right but my experience comes from not completing rehab as instructed and living with a weakened calf that gets tight and ugly unless I do remedial kick my own butt for not listening stretching and calf raises to keep muscle function and all that. Maybe he needs an extra Panadol tighter strapping and if it's torn I reckon he's out too.

I think we'll be all good, Martin and Walker will have had a weeks worth of kicking practice. That's plenty of time, should be completely fine 👀
I'm not overly worried about the kicking game. I'm worried about having two players who are good 6's that can support a dominant half really well. Having them both at 6 and 7 doesn't work as neither of them can play make like SJ or steer the team like SJ. The next closest is Volkman but he ain't named. So either SJ plays or we are fucked.

I don't see the point in playing SJ he is no where near 100% fit. Probably best to keep him sidelined until next season.
The point is we lost to the dolphins then the Panthers in back to back weeks without SJ. We also scored bugger all points without the competition leading try assists guy...... who also happens to be SJ. Limping out of the finals is a bit defeatist in my mind. Why come this far and say it's good enough when we could achieve more with SJ in?

The point is we lost to the dolphins then the Panthers in back to back weeks without SJ. We also scored bugger all points without the competition leading try assists guy...... who also happens to be SJ. Limping out of the finals is a bit defeatist in my mind. Why come this far and say it's good enough when we could achieve more with SJ in?
It's worse than not scoring points. We didn't even look like scoring points. Out attacking threat looked meek. I thought with the Dolphins game it was because of all of the players out. Without SJ though our attacking shape and structure looks bottom 4.

It's worse than not scoring points. We didn't even look like scoring points. Out attacking threat looked meek. I thought with the Dolphins game it was because of all of the players out. Without SJ though our attacking shape and structure looks bottom 4.
Problem is that both the Phins and the Panthers owned the middle. Our forwards never dominated the middle and way to many mistakes caused by the pressure of not dominating the middle. Nuikore needs to step up Bunty needs to stick glue on his hands and unfortunately my favs, the baldy bros have fallen off a cliff. I think all the naysayers will finally wake up just how much difference Metcalf make when he is on and keeps the opposition guessing. TMM and Walker offer nothing.

I don't see the point in playing SJ he is no where near 100% fit. Probably best to keep him sidelined until next season.

Agreed mate.

One thing this club has done well this year is to rebuild peoples injuries properly, especially Metcalf and Barnett.

If SJ is forced to play on a bung leg and comes a cropper he would be entitled to be pissed at the club.

He is not a young man, better to get a healthy season out of him next year than make his legs weaker.

Most people do not factor that in, that the club could weaken a leg and make him more injury prone period.

Problem is that both the Phins and the Panthers owned the middle. Our forwards never dominated the middle and way to many mistakes caused by the pressure of not dominating the middle. Nuikore needs to step up Bunty needs to stick glue on his hands and unfortunately my favs, the baldy bros have fallen off a cliff. I think all the naysayers will finally wake up just how much difference Metcalf make when he is on and keeps the opposition guessing. TMM and Walker offer nothing.
Metcalf is a one trick, highlight reel show pony and the trick isn't even that good. He had SJ pulling the strings every game for him except one where SJ went off for a period and then we looked shit.

Dolphins owned the middle because we rested players. Panthers did because they are an awesome team and we had our main impact bench player in the halves.

Last edited:
Lol thanks for no answer to my question! I was after specific information how how that injury would heal, not if he should or shouldn't be playing
Thanks for clarifying. For an answer to your actual question....I can only guess it would get worse this week if he plays. I'm highly underqualified and also highly opinionated. If the focus is his 100% recovery I'd pull him for the season and run with someone else. Once again this is not expert opinion just an expert opinion giver. You're very welcome 😁

SJ has to play end of story… it’s a calf not an ACL. This game NOW is all or nothing sudden death. All chips are in… without him we are fucked. Walker and Martin can’t learn how to kick better in a week. Ludicrous to think that!

Forwards need to dominate from the opening minute. Knights were giving up huge yardage in that period the Raiders shot out to a 10 point lead, a team with multiple rep forwards absent.

No excuse for the forward pack this week, we win this game if they aim up, which will make SJ’s role of dictating attacking raids easier. The other pair are not at his level. Trust in Webby and forget the last 2 games.

Last edited:
SJ has to play end of storyit’s a calf not an ACL. This game know is all or nothing sudden death. All chips are in… without him we are fucked. Walker and Martin can’t learn how to kick better in a week. Ludicrous to think that.

Forwards need to dominate from the opening minute. Knights were giving up huge yardage in that period the Raiders shot out to a 10 point lead with multiple rep forwards absent.

No excuse for the forward pack this week, we win this game if they aim up which will make SJ’s role of dictating attack raids easier. The other pair are not at his level. Trust in Webby and forget last 2 games.

In bold I read with pictures of Jazz Tevanga being carried off by two trainers as he hopped on one leg with a calf injury on Anzac day. Jazz can handle pain. No man on earth can walk with a buggered calf.

It is in the lap of the gods.

If he can still kick I'd rather have a half assed SJ than the bullshit Walker halves strategy. Walker/TMM can handle running at the line, that's much less of a change than blowing up our whole rotation refusing to play Volkman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back