Player Ken Maumalo

Gotta give him a chance, he has made a reasonable fist of wing when it doesn't seem like he is a winger (although he is listed as wing\centre\2nd Row).
So where to give him a crack? I dunno, we got lotsa second rowers and centre is a tough position to chuck him in FG. So maybe he takes Blakes bench spot, covers backs but interchanges as forward?

Reactions: Jwoodzy02

Jordan G

Wouldn't say we've got a lot of second rowers.

Mannering, Hoffman, Thompson, Afoa, and as well as Afoa did in limited games that's a massive drop off between our top 3 and what comes next should injury occur. It would be very rough to expect Afoa to fill in on a weekly basis for 80 minutes at his age.

Not saying that Maumalo is the answer to this, but unless we plan on turning our props into locks (something I'm not entirely against) then second row is not something we're flush with.

Lets see how he goes against cowboys i expect him to be targeted. Would be a shame for his last couple of games to be so poor but NSW next year and see from there otherwise time to be released

He is first grade material just a matter of where for mine Hopefully
In the forwards, Manu is Manu Ken is Ken ..I get the feeling we are
Trying to force a round peg into a square hole , So hopefully he gets
A cracked in the forwards

Reactions: TheFullback
He is first grade material just a matter of where for mine Hopefully
In the forwards, Manu is Manu Ken is Ken ..I get the feeling we are
Trying to force a round peg into a square hole , So hopefully he gets
A cracked in the forwards

22 years old now should really be nailing down a single position and learning it not a winger or centre. Forwards is the best bet he could be a victim of being played in several spots and failing at all. You hit it on the head with the square peg line!

Reactions: Off The Bench
Hands like an armless jelly fish. Panicked like a bitch in defence. Straight off the Warriors Wing Conveyer Belt.

All they see is size and get excited yeah a power winger whoo we have 1 lets have another. Those days are dead its back to more agile players on the wing now. Do you believe we should try to move him on and what do we do with him if he wont go? Rot in NSW?

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
All they see is size and get excited yeah a power winger whoo we have 1 lets have another. Those days are dead its back to more agile players on the wing now. Do you believe we should try to move him on and what do we do with him if he wont go? Rot in NSW?

Could be a gun in NSW cup.

Help us win back to back titles.

Reactions: TheFullback
Whats Kens downsides? He needs some coaching on some of the basics at times, but hes 191cm tall and 105kg of prime muscle. If he cant make the wing, he makes a damn imposing centre which he has played a fair bit. And if needed could easily replace a lock if we were caught short on that position. I do feel Kens not living up to his potential, Ill admit that.

At the moment we are playing big backs and a small forward pack, id hate to see us play a small forward pack with little backs trying to hit its up for the tired forwards.

Whats Kens downsides? He needs some coaching on some of the basics at times, but hes 191cm tall and 105kg of prime muscle. If he cant make the wing, he makes a damn imposing centre which he has played a fair bit. And if needed could easily replace a lock if we were caught short on that position. I do feel Kens not living up to his potential, Ill admit that.

At the moment we are playing big backs and a small forward pack, id hate to see us play a small forward pack with little backs trying to hit its up for the tired forwards.

At this stage you shouldnt be coached in the basics should be as natural as breathing. Poor hands for a centre and dont get wrapped up in size often has more negatives than positives can be easily negated as we saw this season. Put him in 2nd row see what he does either he will succeed or fail

At this stage you shouldnt be coached in the basics should be as natural as breathing. Poor hands for a centre and dont get wrapped up in size often has more negatives than positives can be easily negated as we saw this season. Put him in 2nd row see what he does either he will succeed or fail
Look he's Billy Tupou mk 2, just move him on to some English team he'll fit in well.