Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
If anything i think cappy will be looking for the next tier guys who have potential and offer value under the cap. The guys struggling to get first grade game time who would have seen how Webster has resurrected the likes of Fords career.
We can then use some of our cap to upgrade/resecure guys like Leka and Ali while we can.

I would back Webby to get something out of Schuster for 400k, but it's a moot point as Manly wouldn't be that daft to give him away at half price
Always thought he’d be the ideal person to replace Tohu at lock with his skill set if he sorted thinking he was so shit hot.

When I see this from Hetherington, it reminds me of what CHT brings with his heart and physical defence. They remind me a lot of each other the way they defend and Hetherington is of a similar size and lock/dummy half. Hearing that Carrigan shifts to front row and Hetherington to lock, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tohu prop and CHT long term replacement for him at lock.

CHT must be the reincarnation of Brad Fittler.

The guy left as an average at best player, has a year off and now we are ready to move our captain into prop to fit him into the team.

I can't tell if your just trolling or actually have no idea

Tof Sipley:
If they want him back get CNK involved and his brother Patrick.
All 3 are mates having started playing at City Newton , Akld.
They need to pull on emotional strings / family ties / Warriors success last year / fun atmosphere / Māori - PI influence = total package to include more than just $$ to get players back as the weather definitely won’t work.

CHT must be the reincarnation of Brad Fittler.

The guy left as an average at best player, has a year off and now we are ready to move our captain into prop to fit him into the team.

I can't tell if your just trolling or actually have no idea
Sounds like he is perfect for Websters coaching style.

Good defender, plenty of effort plays, good passing game and another kicking option.
Be very interesting where Webby decides to play him....almost a replica of Walker given his versatility.

Tof Sipley:
If they want him back get CNK involved and his brother Patrick.
All 3 are mates having started playing at City Newton , Akld.
They need to pull on emotional strings / family ties / Warriors success last year / fun atmosphere / Māori - PI influence = total package to include more than just $$ to get players back as the weather definitely won’t work.
It ain't happening, why would they give him up. Props are clearly in demand.

Question, why did we let him go in the first place? I remember the Sipley boys being well rated on here but it's been a while.

Back