General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeez the boys look tight again, feeling like big things on the way. TSS in the third clip with his hair cut off.
Who is TSS

That snippet from the Sydney Morning Herald is the first time I've seen the signing of RTS linked with any salary cap exemption.

I've asked the question when it was first announced that he was coming back that union players being exempt would come back every few years but never actioned. It would annoy the powers that be and the other clubs if we registered his contract referencing it or applying for it.

Then after his signing Sua'ali'i signed with the ARU the NRL management and media when a bit nuts and exemptions came up again. The chances of us signing a current All Black is slim to none unless it's 100% exempt from the cap for the entirety of the contract and the owner decided to free up huge amount of money. Even then the money would likely be better off long term on development.

A player on the fringes of All Black selection or Super Rugby/NPC level is more likely.
Wasn't RTS signed before that union exemption was bought in? I don't think he qualifies or does he?

I have always had a critical view on how Rugby league players train, having watched a cousin doing Olympic Training for eight years, and me own daughter going into juniors for NZ at aged 12 - training up to four hours a day six days a week and going to school....it has always struck me that the Warriors development systems could be doing a lot more....

I guess that goes for the whole sport, it is rubbish at peak performance trainning compared to Olympians.

And the proof of that is the constant massive gains made in League fitness over the last thirty years which continually proves how far off the performance ceiling this sport has been when it comes to fitness.

I have to be fair to league though, compared to say Athletics, or Swimming, it is a tiny sport in terms of a comparison.

The good news is that the Warriors are not far off the best in show, when it comes to preseason trainning - our lot came out very fit last year after stealing intellectual property and human resources from the best in comp - we literally had one preseason and came out as fit as the Penrith's of the world....no prizes for guessing how that happened.

Getting back to my original point, we need to find a way to train our B team and our C team, as well as little girls in NZ are being trained in Gyms by Eastern European coaches - borderline child abuse - and find a way for them to have to do four hours a day low impact some days, low impact extreme cardio...like my 12 year old girl chewed through like a machine six days a week because it was treated as normal and because 13 year olds were breaking world records and winning Olympic golds.

Quite honestly Rugby league preseasons are a joke compared to teen age girls training to win Olympic Gold medals and breaking all time world records.

Think about it, what it takes to turn a child from the cradle to the GOAT in a sport of all time before their thirteenth birthday and the Warriors running sand dunes at Huia.

Lots more needed....
Exactly. You can be the best in the world. What use are you if you cannot keep up with play.

Wasn't RTS signed before that union exemption was bought in? I don't think he qualifies or does he?
Yes he was brought in before. That is what I was getting at. There may have been an old exemption that was already there that everyone forgot or we should try and push the NRL for it as we signed someone from another code. Sure an ex-league player but still from another code. But it was before the NRL and the Sydney media went nuts.

Seen Siale Faeamani in some of the preseason photos.

Any other train and trials people seeing in the photos? Apart from the ones everyone knows about obviously
Unsure about train and trials but a few development kids in there. Augustino Filipo, JD Auloa, Tom Summer. Can’t see any potential train and trial players yet

Yes he was brought in before. That is what I was getting at. There may have been an old exemption that was already there that everyone forgot or we should try and push the NRL for it as we signed someone from another code. Sure an ex-league player but still from another code. But it was before the NRL and the Sydney media went nuts.
Should still qualify for cap relief as the publicity generated with his return has been massive.

Reactions: j_p
Is anyone missing preseason training currently due to injury?

Sifakula is out until next year sometime.

Has Metcalf recovered from his ham string injury?

Heard somewhere that TMM's leg injury hadn't healed as completely as they thought. Any truth to that or is he training now?

Anyone else?

TSS is at training and looking big
IMG_6443.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back