Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
The Bulldogs met with Jarome Luai and his management on Wednesday - however Wests Tigers remain the favourites to sign the Panthers star… but with a twist.

The Panthers are believed to want two of the Tigers' best players - a veteran prop and a boom rookie - before entertaining any deal for 2024.

Sources have told Wide World of Sports that if the Tigers agree to swap Luai for former Test prop David Klemmer and young halfback sensation Lachlan Galvin, the deal could be done immediately.

Luai is contracted to the Panthers until the end of next season but the Tigers are so desperate for a big name signing that they may be prepared to release the two players.

Klemmer was great for the Tigers this year while Galvin is regarded as the next big thing, having been named player of the tournament at the National Schoolboys Cup in September.

Luai and his manager Warwick Wright sat down with Bulldogs boss Phil Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo on Wednesday.

But a source close to the negotiations described it as a "courtesy call" more than anything else.

"The Dogs want Luai but the Tigers have more money to throw at him," the source said.

"And it wouldn't surprise me if they met with the Bulldogs just to squeeze a little more money out of the Tigers.

"Word is that if Penrith get Klemmer and Galvin - who is going to be a sensation in a couple of years - they will let Luai go now."

The Tigers are keen for a coup on the signing front with the club in the midst of an internal review that sees several high profile officials fighting to keep their jobs.
When you pit ut that way it seems inevitable. But if I was Tigers I'd tell Pahs to get fucked. I'm not letting the next best thing go. Luai is not worth that much to Tigers. Not Klemmer AND their gun half. Galvin might be way better than Luai. Clubs who make knee-jerk reactions like that to bury bad press don't do well.

When you pit ut that way it seems inevitable. But if I was Tigers I'd tell Pahs to get fucked. I'm not letting the next best thing go. Luai is not worth that much to Tigers. Not Klemmer AND their gun half. Galvin might be way better than Luai. Clubs who make knee-jerk reactions like that to bury bad press don't do well.
I agree.
Unless they were getting afb too then Klemmer and Galvin out- afb and luai in looks pretty good.

Nicholas Halalilo signed by rabbitohs. Started this season off in nsw cup for Warriors then went to aussie mid season.
The Rabbitohs already have 30 contracted guys for 2024. His Q Cup side is Souths affiliate. It's a train & trial deal, good on him but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing eventuate from it. Will definitely give him a leg up on other guys running around to begin the season in reserve grade though

The Rabbitohs already have 30 contracted guys for 2024. His Q Cup side is Souths affiliate. It's a train & trial deal, good on him but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing eventuate from it. Will definitely give him a leg up on other guys running around to begin the season in reserve grade though
Saw a picture, he’s not small.

So would AFB to tigers for Klemmer and Galvin be of value to us?

Had anyone heard of this Galvin before? I was under the impression that Jack Cole was the next big thing in the Panthers system.
Think Galvin is in the tigers system and it’s he and Klemmer the panthers want. The fact they want Klemmer might mean they’re not confident on Liam Henry stepping up. Guy on the panthers forum who seems to be tight with the club reckons it’s bullshit and no way Luai released for next year.

Think Galvin is in the tigers system and it’s he and Klemmer the panthers want. The fact they want Klemmer might mean they’re not confident on Liam Henry stepping up. Guy on the panthers forum who seems to be tight with the club reckons it’s bullshit and no way Luai released for next year.
Yeah realise Galvin is at the Tigers currently, just not sure why Panthers would chase him when the Tigers themselves have been signing young halves.

Thought this was a bit far fetched. Panthers have already said they won’t release Luai early, why would they…..that means more Tigers forwards still available for AFB trade 🤣🤣

Back