Post Match 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

after that first 10 minute blitz there was an opportunity for the refereeing to even it up a bit - and he really took it and ran - those weird calls at the end were comical, what got me angry was the ruck, 10 metre and handling calls in the middle of the game - all of them marginal and went one way, and when we were in possession nothing but silence

I've harped on it a bit, but I genuinely believe that it is a behind the scenes directive from the NRL rather than something the refs are doing individually. I feel the reffing has changed since the 6 agains caused massive blowouts and a lop-sided comp. I find I can predict to the tackle when the momentum shifting 4th tackle penalty followed by a late six again call comes after one team develops an early lead.

You guys are going to have a hard time convincing me I'm delusional! It has created a nice even comp. I don't believe the refs cheat, but I do believe they have a playbook they have to abide by. I think the current environment in the NRL (possible directives, bunkers) make the refs look a lot worse than they are.

I'm sure it is one of those known factors that the coaches build into their prep. Defend well and show some grit in the swing. Obviously, the comp is so even and clubs so talented that no opposition is going to go away without trading some blows, I'm not discounting that factor.

Last edited:
Can someone with full replay analyse the early Montoya try ?
That was Timms edge wasn’t it and Shaun had no hand in it ?
That is how I recall it and if tmm only created that try then given how crucial it was that is enough from him from an attacking point of view

#didtmmplaywelldiscussion

I've harped on it a bit, but I genuinely believe that it is a behind the scenes directive from the NRL rather than something the refs are doing individually. I feel the reffing has changed since the 6 agains caused massive blowouts and a lop-sided comp. I find I can predict to the tackle when the momentum shifting 4th tackle penalty followed by a late six again call comes after one team develops an early lead.

You guys are going to have a hard time convincing me I'm delusional! It has created a nice even comp. I don't believe the refs cheat, but I do believe they have a playbook they have to abide by. I think the current environment in the NRL (possible directives, bunkers) make the refs look a lot worse than they are.
You just knew when we were 3 tries up everything was going to go the Knights way when by rite it should open up our way even more.

You could pick it before it happened and then it did…

It’s the way the game is nowadays.

Can someone with full replay analyse the early Montoya try ?
That was Timms edge wasn’t it and Shaun had no hand in it ?
That is how I recall it and if tmm only created that try then given how crucial it was that is enough from him from an attacking point of view

#didtmmplaywelldiscussion
SJ swung around to the left and Egan hit him with a long pass to create a one man overlap. Good hands and line from TMM though.

SJ swung around to the left and Egan hit him with a long pass to create a one man overlap. Good hands and line from TMM though.
Walk us through it if you would be kind enough ???
Egan pass to sj
Sj pass to tmm
Tmm pass to Pompey
Pompey puts Montoya away in the corner ???

Something like that ??

Having watched the replay I noticed CNK has introduced a bit of a dummy pass in this game. Saw it a few times when he was running in near the middles and thought that was SJ :ROFLMAO:

Also that pop pass - the one he did to DWZ for his try was absolutely perfect

Luckily he did not have to make too many tackles so gassed up all his energy on running m instead...

The guy is the quiet achiever, and doesnt get anywhere near the level recognition deserved last night. Especially from the commentators.

If I had to pick a MOM - CNK
Honorable second's - Tohu Harris, SJ, Egan

Atmosphere was electric last night at the grounds. Special. Still buzzing.

We had to win last night to prove we were a top 4 team. Regardless of who Newcastle were missing, they were riding a 10 game winning streak and were one of the form teams heading into finals.

We destroyed them, as we should of. Just a crisp performance, something we have needed for a long while now as it seemed we were running out of steam.

Making the prelim final, for me, makes this season a success.

We are capable of beating the Broncos, but regardless we can be proud of this turn around and the aura it has brought back to the game of Rugby League in NZ.

We’ve set a benchmark of where we want to be every season. I don’t think this season will be a anomaly - we are about to embark on a successful period for this club and the game in NZ.

At the same time - this team believes right now. The teams Marketing isn’t the usual “keep the faith” but simply, “our year”.

Now that would be special. Onto next week.

Back