General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the dogs will do much, I don't know about you guys but we have had and heard a lot of shit coach speak, and when I heard ciraldo last season he sounded like a guy with fuck all ideas?

They don't have it in the forwards either.
Apparently Ciraldo is the mastermind behind the Penrith defensive structures which are now also being implemented at the Warriors and Bulldogs as well as Penrith. I think he's probably very smart at the footy side but maybe not as charismatic or a people manager, though it could also just be their roster has pretty poor balance. Their forward pack leaves a lot to be desired and they looked pretty directionless when getting near the opposition try-line last season.

They did also beat Storm and Rabbitohs last year which is more than we managed, though would of been interesting how we went against the Bunnies in dry conditions.

I think if they go to what worked for them last year they could improve a lot. Ciraldo seems to be similar to what Brown was trying to do with us though where instead of coaching to a players strengths he's trying to coach what he wants which is where I think Webster is an absolute mastermind. Webby brings the best out in players by getting them to improve and play what they're good at rather than getting players to try be something they're not.

There was one particular bro called Sam Stowers who who used to make a regular habit of breaking every bone in my body back at Aranui High. He's Tanner's uncle or something, I pity the poor fool who has to tackle him.
Us Eastern boys used to love you guys coming to the hood.
We did play Halswell one day at warren park with the Harris gang and all there motorbikes lined up. Lucky I was one of the white boys.

We did play Halswell one day at warren park with the Harris gang and all there motorbikes lined up. Lucky I was one of the white boys.
Haha I played in a couple of games like that- you’d hear those bikes coming and it just sounded like thunder.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGyVDEDUPPo

Monty says Ali Leiataua been killing it in pre-season and RTS one of the fittest been working super hard too.

Good chat, Monty's invaluable to the club with the effort he puts in with the young pathways prospects as well, what a legend.
Robbo is the best Godfather we could have wished for as it turns out, wants to invest in another building for junior grades gym now, wow polar opposite of Watson's days of under investment.

Haha yeah those Harris boys were total maniacs, terrorised the city for years in their heyday. Tohu and Chanel are a much better class of Harris.

Sorry to derail the off-season thread with bollox from the dark ages fellas, can't wait for reality to start again in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Maybe someone’s mentioned it, but in the interview with Monty. The view was floated that RTS could go to wing. That may make sense. He could roam as a winger, and then Monty floated the idea of Ali and Rocco in the centres.

Wow, it could really add strike outwide. RTS changing positions for different plays and having our most dynamic, gifted young centres out in the backline. Defensively you’d think Pompey would be better than at least one. But wow, that is a surprising take to be proposing so early in the season.

Maybe someone’s mentioned it, but in the interview with Monty. The view was floated that RTS could go to wing. That may make sense. He could roam as a winger, and then Monty floated the idea of Ali and Rocco in the centres.

Wow, it could really add strike outwide. RTS changing positions for different plays and having our most dynamic, gifted young centres out in the backline. Defensively you’d think Pompey would be better than at least one. But wow, that is a surprising take to be proposing so early in the season.

I can see it, especially for kick returns.

Is Ali - RTS better than RTS - Montoya / Kosi? - probably

Good chat, Monty's invaluable to the club with the effort he puts in with the young pathways prospects as well, what a legend.
Robbo is the best Godfather we could have wished for as it turns out, wants to invest in another building for junior grades gym now, wow polar opposite of Watson's days of under investment.
Yes well said.

Monty is a true legend, gets knockers for not being the best commentator, he tries hard but - gets a pass from me for all the good he does for the club.

Monty's once a Warrior show is tops.

Best owner we have seen by some distance and best CEO (rubbing ya noses in it Cam lynchers).

Hopefully Cam George and Mohawk maintain the chemistry they have, the club is bloody well run top down.

When you see how quickly CAM George directed the clubs response to the 2023 rise of the sport the Warriors capitalized on the mood of New Zealand and milked it for all it was worth.

I remember how the Warriors began, super hyped, no substance, money being thrown around, silly signings from Wigan, poor retention of juniors (Losing Wiki and Henry Paul in season one was the worst).

Wasted budget on blowing up cars on field, glass lying on the paddock coz cars have windows......when you think back to 1995....the hype was there (without the CEO Ian Robson turning it into a circus) and focusing on attention grabbers instead of on field results.

Today things are very different. Cameron George hires young people to run the game day experience - the young team gives the crowd the team song which becomes the most inspired hype creator for zero dollars spent.

The same team of young staff bring in the black out before the team runs out, and they aggressively go with the up the Wahs signage.

The club jumping on "this is our year" and selling T shirts just adds to a story of the CEO having hired the right people - supporting those creative staff - making rapid decisions - engaging with the mood of the supporter base - a real GO FOR IT attitude from the boss.

All this stuff is great, but the best signs coming out of the Warriors are the expansion of Junior football.

Rugby League is a dying sport in New Zealand, the best kids get taken by Aussie clubs and or Union teams.

And when you look at how the ones the Warriors grab are often strong and hard running, with poor micro skills (basically your typical Tom bowler stand out in a schools comp that bags tries and tops the tackle breaks - not too much pass the ball) there is only one solution - a bunch of first pick teens playing Aussies comps is the secret eh. We are giving the kids the elite coaching and more importantly a realistic Rugby league opportunity vs the Union machine.

If / when the Warriors make it, the NRL bosses will start eyeing a second NZ NRL franchise, which ultimately will be the saving of the sport over here (the Warriors alone cannot save Rugby league, you need more baskets to put your eggs in to save a sport, the Warriors however can open the door).

Thanks Robbo and Cam. Keep the wave rolling boys, love ya work...huge fan.

Last edited:
Yes well said.

Monty is a true legend, gets knockers for not being the best commentator, he tries hard but - gets a pass from me for all the good he does for the club.

Monty's once a Warrior show is tops.

Best owner we have seen by some distance and best CEO (rubbing ya noses in it Cam lynchers).

Hopefully Cam George and Mohawk maintain the chemistry they have, the club is bloody well run top down.

When you see how quickly CAM George directed the clubs response to the 2023 rise of the sport the Warriors capitalized on the mood of New Zealand and milked it for all it was worth.

I remember how the Warriors began, super hyped, no substance, money being thrown around, silly signings from Wigan, poor retention of juniors (Losing Wiki and Henry Paul in season one was the worst).

Wasted budget on blowing up cars on field, glass lying on the paddock coz cars have windows......when you think back to 1995....the hype was there (without the CEO Ian Robson turning it into a circus) and focusing on attention grabbers instead of on field results.

Today things are very different. Cameron George hires young people to run the game day experience - the young team gives the crowd the team song which becomes the most inspired hype creator for zero dollars spent.

The same team of young staff bring in the black out before the team runs out, and they aggressively go with the up the Wahs signage.

The club jumping on "this is our year" and selling T shirts just adds to a story of the CEO having hired the right people - supporting those creative staff - making rapid decisions - engaging with the mood of the supporter base - a real GO FOR IT attitude from the boss.

All this stuff is great, but the best signs coming out of the Warriors are the expansion of Junior football.

Rugby League is a dying sport in New Zealand, the best kids get taken by Aussie clubs and or Union teams.

And when you look at how the ones the Warriors grab are often strong and hard running, with poor micro skills (basically your typical Tom bowler stand out in a schools comp that bags tries and tops the tackle breaks - not too much pass the ball) there is only one solution - a bunch of first pick teens playing Aussies comps is the secret eh. We are giving the kids the elite coaching and more importantly a realistic Rugby league opportunity vs the Union machine.

If / when the Warriors make it, the NRL bosses will start eyeing a second NZ NRL franchise, which ultimately will be the saving of the sport over here (the Warriors alone cannot save Rugby league, you need more baskets to put your eggs in to save a sport, the Warriors however can open the door).

Thanks Robbo and Cam. Keep the wave rolling boys, love ya work...huge fan.

Wasn't it Jack Gibson who said to be successful a team needed a good front office to be successful. Since it's inception only now has the Warriors management been truly professional. Along with proper pathways there is now somewhere internally for Kiwi kids to follow their dreams from a young age in a professional environment with proper training and nutrition.

Interview with CG on breakfast TV.
General chit chat about Warriors Bars, new players, fans etc.

Is on his way to Australia and gets asked if he's on his way to get more signings.. he replies "you never know" and " I might be able to tell you in a couple weeks or next week what I'm doing"

Could be nothing, could be something.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/fPNpY68vqxQ9TWes/?mibextid=xfxF2i
Hope to see some leaks of him having a secret coffee with Fisher-Harris, how good would it be to get the Harris gang back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back