Internationals K Hunt

Esoj_old

just out of curiosity to NU and others, what are your thoughts on say ben roberts turning out for the kiwis again now that the world cup is over?

Viking_old

just out of curiosity to NU and others, what are your thoughts on say ben roberts turning out for the kiwis again now that the world cup is over?

No thanks, he wasn't good enough for Samoa let alone the Kiwis. He'd be better as a ball playing lock IMO.

Kid-Dynamite_old

K Hunt is indicitive of the modern generation that don't want to achieve there goals with work, instead they take the easy path, the path that best serves there needs. Loyalty doesn't mean anything to them. $BW, K Hunt, Brad Thorn, they are just country jumpers and will swap allegiances as and when it suits there own purposes.

Karmicheal Hunt never switched countires! Sure he was born and bred in N.Z but he played Juniour rep footy for Australia and carried that through to where he is now! He was 14 when he moved. Still just a kid. Australia became his home, and to say by playing for Australia now means he took the easy path and has no loyalty is ridiculous!

Hunt is one of the most passionate players you could have in your team, and I think he cops a lot of un-deserved flack when it comes to this topic!

daj3_old

Agreed KD. While I dare say there would have been a small part of him that would have loved to have contributed to such an historic event, he will suck it up and keep playing. It will possibly be the moment that his decision on his playing eligibility became most real to him, but it's not like he's about to get up and apologise publicly to NZ and beg them to give him a 2nd chance to play for them. Haha... he's an aussie, end of story. Just because a player is eligible for NZ, that doesn't mean they have to play for NZ.

insulinboi_old

On the Brad thorne thing,
His Rugby League career was built in Australia. So his loyalty lies with Australian for League, whereas he built a union platform in NZ

Tajhay_old

Do you honestly think Hunt could careless? He considers himself an Aussie! End of that

really?? he calls himself a kiwi. hell when he was selected for the aus team he was on a kiwi passport. his fave sporting team is the all blacks.

and i wont go on about his family members calling themselves kiwis...

khunt die in hell.

Tajhay_old

Hunt is one of the most passionate players you could have in your team, and I think he cops a lot of un-deserved flack when it comes to this topic!

can you please explain why you think he is passionate? if i went over to another country and wanted to rep them after THREE years, is that passion....or is it the fact that i can earn more in the longer term if i play for example soo, and get the match fees the aussie players get as opposed to the aussies...oh and also the prestige for playing for a supposedly better rated nation.

he is a scum and took the easy way out.

kid, go back and read all the news surrounding his deflection to australia...you were not at this forum and from what i have read, you were not a league fan then either. he was toying with the idea of representing nz after initially saying he wanted to play for qld....he suggested in his column that he would strongly consider if nz asked him to play for them....nz asked him...straight away australia asked him too...who do you think he chose?

a player with passion that doesnt even know what he is??

David James_old

I always find this a tough one.

I'm English, born and bred, but I've lived in NZ since I was 12, making it half my life (being 24 now).

I consider myself a Kiwi with a English accent and heritage.

Nothing would make me prouder than to play for NZ, I would turn down the money from the UK to pull on the black jersey.

So whilst I'm not saying all the Hunt's of the world had their heart in the right place, I can certainly see how they could feel compelled to play for their adopted country.

Kid-Dynamite_old

can you please explain why you think he is passionate? if i went over to another country and wanted to rep them after THREE years, is that passion....or is it the fact that i can earn more in the longer term if i play for example soo, and get the match fees the aussie players get as opposed to the aussies...oh and also the prestige for playing for a supposedly better rated nation.

kid, go back and read all the news surrounding his deflection to australia...you were not at this forum and from what i have read, you were not a league fan then either. he was toying with the idea of representing nz after initially saying he wanted to play for qld....he suggested in his column that he would strongly consider if nz asked him to play for them....nz asked him...straight away australia asked him too...who do you think he chose?

Just look the way he plays the game! That to me shows passion!

The guy has been in Australia since he was 11! He played rep footy for Queensland type team in U14's grade! In the next year he was part of an Australian U15 merit team, then a few years later was selected in the Australian shoolbosys team!

Mate the news is just all speculation! Who cares if his favourite team is the All Blacks!

The fact is, he was 11 when he moved to Queensland, he pretty much grew up there! He played all his juniour rep footy for Queensland and Australia, the guy wanted to play for Queensland because he grew up there,it became his home! But then New Zealand also had a place in his heart to! It would of been a tough decision and one he had to make at just 18 years of age! I mean come on, give him a break!

I think it's pretty stupid to think, he took the easy path, and it was all about the money!

They guy grew up playing for Queensland and Australia from a young age and has carried that on, and yet he gets so much shit!

And yet we are happy as Larry aout Nathan Fien playing for New Zealand! I think it just shows that we are a bit one-eyed aren't we!?

P.S, I've been a rugby league supporter for as long as I can remember! ;)

Taki_old

I cannot bring myself to bag him because he exudes class on the field. Along with Thurston, he is the first player to congratulate the opposition after a loss and is the first player to get down on himself. At such a young age, he is a winner. He is the first guy to encourage his teammates and give them a pat when they have made a mistake. This is the attitude of a winner. He holds a better defensive line than any fullback in the game today because he knows how to talk and lead a team on the field. He is the future captain of Brisbane, QLD and Australia, as far as I am concerned. Jessbass provided statistics that support his importance to QLD in State of Origin over the last few seasons. He has made his choice and he is a winner in the toughest arena in the world. Good on him. The rest is water under the bridge.
________
Sc2 Replays

Last edited by a moderator:

a.c.e_old

That haka was the best. Did skippy cross the halfway or did we cant remember that part. Well done to the boys.

Jesbass_old

We did. The Aussies started about 8m away from halfway, and we started right on the mark, then Blair and Luke slowly crept over it. The Kangaroos replied by approaching so that we were about 1 or 2 metres inside the Aussie half.

Fantastic stuff.