Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
Take 12 points off for convict referee decisions.
Take points off for game stating at 950 pm Nz time

However we were outplayed in the forwards and the backs
Bris speed and offloads killed us
Bris props outplayed our 1 and a half props

But a great year esp after the central coast Redcliffe covid era issues

At the start of 2023 we needed another quality prop at the end still the same

Need more speed

But crikey great year for us

Now bronco s try celebrations piss me off slightly less than Penrith s try celebrations

Would you take a warriors v Storm 3rd place play off! 🤣
I'd like to just to say we were 3rd best outright for the year.

But the mental emotional work to be done to get up for that wouldnt be worth it.

Bellyache would have Storm in some kinda mood. We also might run the risk of derailing our season 2024 via injury for a nothing game.

But I'm all for punishing the Storm any day of the week haha 🤣

Some thoughts from the game.

Caveat. Love the team and am stoked we got 3rd. We overachieved massively this season.

This is harsh, time to improve things, type comment.

1. We weren’t really in that game after the Broncs first try. All the dominance was the Broncs. We’d try and pull momentum back

2. We are too slow right across the park. It’s obvious on every break.

3. We are too old; all our vets were ragged by half times. Tohu spent half the game on his haunches or struggling to get back to the defensive line.

4. Haas absolutely owned AFB.

5. SJ tried to carry the team but we had no 13 and no 6.

6. Webby struggles to beat top teams. There’s no variation for teams that are better than us. Getting beaten in the offload count in both the Penrith and Broncs games is not a good sign.

Dissappointed the last game is a 30 point loss but...

From 15th to 4th in one season.
From Wooden Spoon Contenders to Premiership Contenders in one season.
Yes, still plenty to fine-tune, throw out, bring in, loosen-up in Pre-Season 2024, but I think Mr Webster and Co deserve a Not Too Tacky grade for 2023.

Some thoughts from the game.

Caveat. Love the team and am stoked we got 3rd. We overachieved massively this season.

This is harsh, time to improve things, type comment.

1. We weren’t really in that game after the Broncs first try. All the dominance was the Broncs. We’d try and pull momentum back

2. We are too slow right across the park. It’s obvious on every break.

3. We are too old; all our vets were ragged by half times. Tohu spent half the game on his haunches or struggling to get back to the defensive line.

4. Haas absolutely owned AFB.

5. SJ tried to carry the team but we had no 13 and no 6.

6. Webby struggles to beat top teams. There’s no variation for teams that are better than us. Getting beaten in the offload count in both the Penrith and Broncs games is not a good sign.
Webster came in and gave the squad he largely inherited the chance to prove their worth. Imagine what he and his staff can do by cutting and adding to what he sees will make us better.

We played our final last week. We just couldn’t get out of 2nd gear all game.

If there was some actionable accountability for the officiating then i would feel better but we were screwed on a few calls, ruck area and the 10m but honestly happy the boys didn’t just fold like in the past.

In sports science we always say strength and conditioning takes two years and in the third year, you get to see the rewards. We saw the increase in fitness but we hadn’t built up our capacity to hold it all season. We’ll go longer next year.

Proud of this team, solidify the culture in the offseason and i see another deep run for us

Broncos were allowed to offload at will. That killed us. It was even in the grind, the forward pass was a shocker but broncos were dominant team and they get the benefit being a home team. They never gave up. So proud of the boys, took us all on a ride we never expected. Top 2 next year and we can ride the coaster all the way. Up the wahs!

Not sure if I will ever watch this on replay, so gonna make these comments now.
Not sure I saw sj take on the line once.
Tmm was invisible on attack.
Pompey had lead feet and dictated the pace of the first half with his missed kicks.
Having walker go off for a hia and then eggan at the same time was the death of the second half.
Montoya is to slow. Not up to taking on another winger in a sprint.

The forward pass was the.most blatant I have seen since that game against the storm near 10 years ago. Everyone saw it, everyone agreed, it didn't need a replay to decide.
NRL want this sort of controversy. They have no interest in fixing this problem.

we are a better side with metcalf in, to be fair.

penrith and broncos, on top of having great sides, are also having fairly blessed injury runs

next year we get RTS back, which will be incredible, but we also had a good run with SJ, considering his age. hopefully he has another great season
Metcalf gives us the Walsh factor, out and out speed and keeps the opposition guessing giving SJ more reign on the right. Can’t wait for next year. Have a well deserved rest boys

Back