General Juniors vs Canberra

KeepingTheFaith_old

As much as I'd like them to be able to play in the finals, it would be a farce if they did. It won't happen imo. I'm not sure on the rules, but I'm positive they're ineligible.

Must say though, Packer has every right to be filty about being dropped.

In a team that got hammered 40-4 he made 121m off the bench (more than any other Warriors forward and most of the backs) made 36 tackles in 44 minutes without a single missed tackle. No errors, no penalties conceded, and an offload thrown in for good measure.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Ivan has his "untouchables" and with Price coming back it was always going to be Packer or Brown dropping off.

2big2strong_old

Not the greatest performance I've seen by them but still great to watch. Shaun Johnson had an indifferent game, there were a few questionable last tackle options that he took and McIvor commented on, I thought he was spot on with his commentary btw. Johnson did pull of a spectacular try assist considering all the defenders that were on that flank.

I'd like to see them show more urgency, ie Cook at the back. Still that game will probably be the highlight of my day, hahah.

Good stats KTF, I was surprised to see Rusty Packer dropped, not much of a reward for the young man, if I was him I'd be thinking "what more can I do?"

motu1_old

i always miss the juniors does anyone reckon they can win the comp

there results have been pretty good
they probably should put kevin back in and we would be unstopable
what do you think

ToiletDuck_old

I think we raised this question in another thread...regarding NRL players returning to the 20's. I have vague memories of a rule that said players had to play at least 10 games in that season to be eligible for finals...though it seems maybe Package and Matulino may be eligible to play...unless they've just both been dropped.

Fazz_old

No one seems to know aye...I guess we'll find out when the finals start?

Imagine that side with Locke in it aswell :O

I rekon they can give the comp a good shake...They're really coming into form at the right time of year I reckon. Hopefully we can finish 7th or above. I'm confident in their ability to beat any side other then the extremely dominant 09 Manly squad.

2big2strong_old

No one seems to know??

It's been talked about a thousand times and the rules are very clear.

You have to play at least half the season with the 20's to play finals for the 20's, the only way around this is if the NRL side is in the finals as well and you are not required.

Had the Warriors NRL side not made the finals last year Sonny Fai and Patrick Ah Van wouldn't of been allowed to play in the finals, because Ivan didn't need them in the NRL side they are allowed to play for the 20's.

This is to stop the likes of Israel Folau dropping down to the 20's if the Broncos don't make the finals.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Ah Hah! That's the part that always got me confused. I knew Sonny hadn't played enough for the NYC team to qualify last year and yet he played finals. That makes more sense. Shame our first grade side blew it this year, because we did Ok with Packer and Matulino tearing things up in the NYC.

ToiletDuck_old

So, what if a player gets injured in round 5 and returns 1 week before the finals..? Or is the 'minimum game number' only in play if you've been playing in the NRL...?

Spence_old

If we had Locke, Packer and Matulino all in the team, I'd say we would have a very big chance. At the moment, I think it just depends on how well Johnson plays. If he is on fire, we can do anything, otherwise I'd see us crashing out in the preliminaries to St George, Manly or Melbourne who have been more consistant throughout the competition.

2big2strong_old

I think Shaun took a few really bad options yesterday, if we were playing a better team those silly options would of cost us the game. I'd really like the Warriors to get a hold of Andrew Johns and fly him over once a fortnight or something to be Johnsons personal mentor.

Spence_old

I think Shaun took a few really bad options yesterday, if we were playing a better team those silly options would of cost us the game. I'd really like the Warriors to get a hold of Andrew Johns and fly him over once a fortnight or something to be Johnsons personal mentor.

I guess having Stacey in his ear next year would help somewhat, but I agree. Getting Johns over would do wonders for his development, especially while he is still learning the game.