General Junior Warriors v Knights

Magic Stick_old

Ailaomai was in the same Welly team with Laban that won the NPC 18s last year. Looks like the Warriors picked up the wrong kid. Ailomai's still 17 too. Mika could be anything but could also turn into another Faliga Faliga.

Ailaomai is a raging bull....Laban is lazy,doesnt run with any vigour

Iafeta_old

Mills makes a meal of the bomb. They need a fullback and a halfback...baaaaaaad.

BringBackRovelli_old

no idea why they`re trying to go around the Knights without battering the middle first. No chance.

Magic Stick_old

Warriors need two Props a Halfback and Fullback if they want to do anything in this comp

Siuatonga Likiliki can hold his head up...Was impressed with James Gavet off the bench too

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

Well this gives me an indication that top grade will win, seeing as how everytime the U20's side win, top grade lose and vice versa

KeepingTheFaith_old

The chances were there, just couldn't take them.

Mills - Gutsy but severely limited, especially when we're so used to Locke

Ah Van, Tupou, Likiliki, Bristow - Imagine how good these guys would go if they didn't have to spend half their energy doing the forwards work for them. Likiliki epsecially was brutal with the ball in hand.

Johnson - An amazing touch player, but this is tackle. Really hoping he develops because he has speed, agility, and can step off either foot and pass in either direction.

Henry - So inconsistent and today was not one of his good days.

Laban - Doesn't do enough, and what he does do isn't effective at this stage

Mara - Didn't look like his usual livewire self today. Off the pace a bit I thought. I think they really miss the direction that Pawley gave them (then again it helps having Packer, Ah Mau, Poching, Matulino, Purcell, Fai etc)

Afualo - I like him, but he has some way to develop yet. Can produce some surging runs but can also go through some quiet spells. Needs to step up and dominate the ruck consistently.

Afioga - Talented, but I just don't see him as a NRL first grader, at least no more than a fill in role.

Lousi - Big, strong and tough to tackle. Very keen to see how he develops, but looked a little slow in both attack and defence. Would like to see how he goes with a bit of open country.

Taylor - Struggling without the star pack surrounding him. Hugely talented, but needs to focusa on the basics instead of the fancy stuff which will come with time.

Kara - Same style of player as Mara. Wasn't overly effective.

Palavi/Henry - Limited opportunities.

Gavet - Left him until last because he's the one who really impressed me. Surprised by his speed and off loading ability, could have a very big future.

Viking_old

Has Laban had a good game yet? Start Palavi and bring Sua Poe off the bench.

James Gavet - 6th game of league. Ever.

Magic Stick_old

I havent see anything from Laban to suggest any future

James Gavet was the one bright spot for me....He was outstanding from the bench

2big2strong_old

If I was to compare Gavet to any other NRL player it would probably be frank pritchard. holds the ball in one hand, sucks in 3-4 defenders then offloads. Has to work on where he directs his offloads though, a few went to ground.

2big2strong_old

What happened to the Taylor from last year who made 60 tackles in one game.

The commentators mentioned that he's the leading tackler in the NYC so far this year. I guess he's one of the few forwards in the U20's that plays 80min every week.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Has Laban had a good game yet? Start Palavi and bring Sua Poe off the bench.

James Gavet - 6th game of league. Ever.

Union convert?

How old is he?

Huge future if he can keep developing his game and work hard at it.

Viking_old

Union convert?

How old is he?

Huge future if he can keep developing his game and work hard at it.

Yeah from Kelston Boys 1st 15. Went to play for Richmond where the assistant coach of the Warriors 20s, Ricky Henry is also Richmonds prems coach. He sent James off to the Vulcans and from the trial against the Junior and Senior Warriors, he was picked up for the 20s.

Pretty sure he turned 19 last year which means this will be his last year of 20's unfortunately.