Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Also wouldn’t there be question marks of Pompeys defence at second row?
I feel like he might be better suited defending closer in- doesn’t have the acceleration to go with the elite centers.
Although he done a pretty fair job of it this year tbf…
I just think he’s 25- he’s gonna keep getting stronger but he won’t get any faster.
Could be a handy bench option if he covers both.

If Niukore works out in the front row and Pompey could transition successfully to second row it could kill two birds type scenario. One of the young guys could kill it too, Laban is getting big but looks like defence needs some work in that NZa game? All hypothetical anyway.
Somehow can't see Pomps having the same deadly impact as Marata running lines in 2nd row, mind you he's underrated and always surprises me, he's not the Gerry Brownlee sloth his deceptive running style suggests he is.

I feel like he might be better suited defending closer in- doesn’t have the acceleration to go with the elite centers.
I just think he’s 25- he’s gonna keep getting stronger but he won’t get any faster.
Interesting that him and Berry were only two places apart for highest speed reached. When he made a few breaks he had a bit of pace, not enough to runaway but there are some real speedsters in the comp. Was shocked one game how fast David Fifita was, also Eddie blacker chasing down a back one game. There are some surprise packages.

Interesting that him and Berry were only two places apart for highest speed reached. When he made a few breaks he had a bit of pace, not enough to runaway but there are some real speedsters in the comp. Was shocked one game how fast David Fifita was, also Eddie blacker chasing down a back one game. There are some surprise packages.
Bunty's another underrated speedster chasing down backs, always catches them with a headstart

Somehow can't see Pomps having the same deadly impact as Marata running lines in 2nd row, mind you he's underrated and always surprises me, he's not the Gerry Brownlee sloth his deceptive running style suggests he is.
SJ hit him with a few beautiful short balls that stuck, if we can carry on all those bodies in motion like last year the teams cohesion can see players play in multiple places within reason.

SJ hit him with a few beautiful short balls that stuck, if we can carry on all those bodies in motion like last year the teams cohesion can see players play in multiple places within reason.
To think back on all the years we were crying out for more bodies in motion instead of one-out hit ups, it's a dream come true. Did I mention how much I love Webby? But those feelings are for another thread.

Think i commented a couple of seasons ago if Pompey wanted a long term NRL career he would probably have to look at transtioning to
the backrow at some point. We have lacked a strike centre for a while now and its probably been obvious (although in saying that Pompey let no one down last season) just think he has attributes if developed could make a go of it in the backrow........in saying that tho id rather some other club put the time and work into that.......we're well served in that area and i rather see the young talent we have coming through developed.

According to Roger fabri these are the fastest players at each club-

IMG_4068.jpeg

For acceleration I reckon Metcalf would be ahead of DWZ for us. Just my impression but Metcalf seems pretty sharp off the mark.
I know it's been mentioned on here before about his running style so maybe it's a bit deceptive to me but I don't seem to notice this great acceleration of his.
Reece Walsh is someone I'd think of when I think of great acceleration or even tuaupiki has impressed me and seems impressive off the mark.
I guess those 2 would be considered being more nimble rather than just outright acceleration so maybe I've debunked my own point with this sentence 😁.

Back