Player Joseph Vuna

Joseph Vuna

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud Tongan father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna's father has sent a touching video message of good luck to his son who has a chance to make his debut in the NRL tonight, after being named on the extended bench for the Warriors against the Storm in Melbourne.

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna, 19, has been named on the Warriors' extended bench for their NRL clash against Melbourne Storm.

The Warriors second rower's father sent words of encouragement via a touching video, while sitting next to a framed photo of his late mother.

"I can't come today and watch your game, play hard for me and mum," said Vuna's father.

Vuna is the younger player of former Warriors and Wallabies back Cooper Vuna.

The Warriors have won six games so far this season and sit second on the NRL ladder behind St George Illawarra.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...ds-touching-message-teen-ahead-warriors-debut

samo3987

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Gold Coast, Queensland
I took the fam down to Parkwood today to play some mini golf and saw the Titans training. Saw some familiar faces there, namely Herbert training in the centres. Was trying to spot Vuna but jeez my Titans recognition is shakey at best. Been on the Gold Coast for 15 years and said to the fam if this were the Warriors I would be able to name 95% of them from 100m away!

Reactions: Defence and Aman

samo3987

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Gold Coast, Queensland
The Titans train by playing mini golf? Are any of them good at it, hand eye coordination and all that.
Haha just realised how completely out of context my post was. Their training ground is basically at a golf course and has a few other things around like an indoor trampoline world for the kids. Quite a weird spot really, all things considered. You can just walk up to the barrier and be only a few metres from the winger. Would be handy for an opposition coach to have a wee look at their structures before gameday...

I actually got married at that golf course in 2015!

Reactions: Defence
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings