Player Joseph Vuna

Joseph Vuna

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud Tongan father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna's father has sent a touching video message of good luck to his son who has a chance to make his debut in the NRL tonight, after being named on the extended bench for the Warriors against the Storm in Melbourne.

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna, 19, has been named on the Warriors' extended bench for their NRL clash against Melbourne Storm.

The Warriors second rower's father sent words of encouragement via a touching video, while sitting next to a framed photo of his late mother.

"I can't come today and watch your game, play hard for me and mum," said Vuna's father.

Vuna is the younger player of former Warriors and Wallabies back Cooper Vuna.

The Warriors have won six games so far this season and sit second on the NRL ladder behind St George Illawarra.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...ds-touching-message-teen-ahead-warriors-debut

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah , but able to play both like lots of teams are doing these days. Ryan matterson from the roosters or even mannering.
SK is trying to mold him into a future Harris.

Maybe lighten him up and improve his speed to compliment the centre role.

We appear to be quite well stocked with 2th rowers

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Thought he has looked solid enough in a couple of outings which is a job well done for a greenhorn in a restricted role (get on and tackle) the Storm game was a suicide mission to be fair.

I like that he has tackled hard in quite a tough role.

wrighty

We have a role next year for another second rower in the absence of Mannering so I guess that will be Vuna - and lucky we have him or we would have needed to have shopped around for one.

Depth at back row

Starters
11 Pulu
12 Harris
13 Blair

Interchange
Papali'i

Injury Reserve
1) Vuna
2) Sao

Remember we have had Pulu/Harris/Blair/Papali'i this year and have still heavily needed Mannering. I suspect Vuna will get plenty of game time next year. And the 2nd reserve such as Sao may also be required for 5-6 games off the bench.

I have only been following the NRL this past two seasons closely, but I observe there appear to be more injuries than union has. Injury planning and injury management are a big feature of running an NRL team.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
We have a role next year for another second rower in the absence of Mannering so I guess that will be Vuna - and lucky we have him or we would have needed to have shopped around for one.

Depth at back row

Starters
11 Pulu
12 Harris
13 Blair

Interchange
Papali'i

Injury Reserve
1) Vuna
2) Sao

Remember we have had Pulu/Harris/Blair/Papali'i this year and have still heavily needed Mannering. I suspect Vuna will get plenty of game time next year. And the 2nd reserve such as Sao may also be required for 5-6 games off the bench.

I have only been following the NRL this past two seasons closely, but I observe there appear to be more injuries than union has. Injury planning and injury management are a big feature of running an NRL team.
Paasi is another Prop backrow utility.

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
Nice to see former Warrior Joseph making his Titans debut this weekend. Wishing him well. 👍
3FC3259C-399D-49BA-A71A-07CEACECEF69.jpeg
BFEA73A4-FCFB-45BE-AAA3-1AA76E22449E.jpeg

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Liked vuna- hopefully he plays well.
Jayden Campbell debuting as well- prestons son- first farther/ son combo to play for the club.
Warriors don't have a father - son combo yet. Or am I missing someone?

Vaganas could be the first? Maybe the Prices in time? Tatupus could have been a chance.

Reactions: Defence
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings