Player Joseph Vuna

Joseph Vuna

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud Tongan father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna's father has sent a touching video message of good luck to his son who has a chance to make his debut in the NRL tonight, after being named on the extended bench for the Warriors against the Storm in Melbourne.

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna, 19, has been named on the Warriors' extended bench for their NRL clash against Melbourne Storm.

The Warriors second rower's father sent words of encouragement via a touching video, while sitting next to a framed photo of his late mother.

"I can't come today and watch your game, play hard for me and mum," said Vuna's father.

Vuna is the younger player of former Warriors and Wallabies back Cooper Vuna.

The Warriors have won six games so far this season and sit second on the NRL ladder behind St George Illawarra.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...ds-touching-message-teen-ahead-warriors-debut

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
If he is debuting, then talk about being thrown into the deep end. The club must have some real faith in him. I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table.
I think we will only see him on the park for a few minutes unlesss we see an injury in the outside backs.

I am expecting our starting back row to play a lot of minutes.

SJ's on Fire

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 1, 2016
VUNA SET TO MAKE NRL DEBUT
Awesome to hear, fingers crossed he goes good!
https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/04/25/vuna-set-to-make-nrl-debut-against-storm/

Second rower-centre Joseph Vuna is set to make his NRL debut after being named on the Vodafone Warriors' interchange bench for tonight's eighth-round Anzac Day encounter with the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park (9.00pm kick-off NZT).

The 19-year-old Otahuhu Leopards junior has been a regular for the club's Intrust Super Premiership side this season after coming up through the Vodafone Warriors' system.

He has mixed his ISP appearances between the centres and the second row. Vuna will become Vodafone Warrior #228 if he makes it on the field.

With Isaiah Papali'i replacing the experienced Tohu Harris (concussion), Vuna has been handed the vacant spot on the bench joining Jazz Tevaga, Sam Lisone and Albert Vete.

Vodafone Warriors v MELBOURNE STORM

AAMI Park, Melbourne
7.00pm, Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Vodafone Warriors

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Anthony Gelling
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Blake Green
7 Mason Lino
8 Bunty Afoa
9 Issac Luke
10 Agnatius Paasi
11 Simon Mannering
12 Isaiah Papali'i
13 Adam Blair
Interchange:
14 Jazz Tevaga
15 Sam Lisone
16 Albert Vete
20 JOSEPH VUNA

HEAD COACH | Stephen Kearney

Reactions: Swanley

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
His dream is coming true. Hope he goes well.

It's good to see Kearney is bringing new players into the FG squad properly.

Just a little at a time, so they can build their confidence nicely.

Reactions: leaguejunkie

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Joseph Vuna

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud Tongan father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna's father has sent a touching video message of good luck to his son who has a chance to make his debut in the NRL tonight, after being named on the extended bench for the Warriors against the Storm in Melbourne.

'Play hard for me and mum' - proud father sends touching message to teen ahead of Warriors debut

Joseph Vuna, 19, has been named on the Warriors' extended bench for their NRL clash against Melbourne Storm.

The Warriors second rower's father sent words of encouragement via a touching video, while sitting next to a framed photo of his late mother.

"I can't come today and watch your game, play hard for me and mum," said Vuna's father.

Vuna is the younger player of former Warriors and Wallabies back Cooper Vuna.

The Warriors have won six games so far this season and sit second on the NRL ladder behind St George Illawarra.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...ds-touching-message-teen-ahead-warriors-debut

For those of u who can't speak Tongan-
At the end there he asked him to rip billy slaters arm off and hit him with the soggy end.

DANZ

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 3, 2013
Makes more sense than having a back on the bench ala gelling, klokstad.

My thinking is that he could possibly cover centre if need be whilst being primarily used as a forward, hopefully gets some good minutes.

Reactions: Inruin

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Warriors 2018 ANZAC 3.jpg
Warriors 2018 ANZAC 4.jpg

Sammyw11

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 8, 2016
i rate vuna, will thrive in a fully fit side with other players going well. off the bench he could be reasonably dynamic in attack. tough gig making your debut against melbourne when the rest of the side is going trash

Reactions: Inruin and Tragic

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Good move to give him exposure to FG, but still rate Sao as a better option.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings