Player Jonathan Wright

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Ah, Jonno Wright - I remember that some were on here were so much in love with him during the "Manu to the forwards" era, it was almost like he was unlike never to play Origin let alone never for the Roos!!!

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
The only thing I will ever remember about him is that moment.

Could never understand why Cappy favoured him so much.

Wasn't a fan of his but he served the club as best he could. Played more games than I could ever dream of doing...

Yeah that was always a head scratcher. I remember him losing us two games with horrific errors near our own line with the game in the balance yet Cappy used to select him on the wing because he was a 'safe option' lol. He actually wasn't at all and he didn't really offer anything else. It's dark days if you are selecting him as your starting NRL wing.

That aside can only wish him the best for the future.....you can't really argue that he didn't get the most out of his limited talent so he does deserve credit, I just never wanted him near any team I supported haha.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
3 cheers for the people's champ!
Hip hip ........... anyone?..... no takers?.... just me then?..... hooray.....:D

Good honest toiler.
I used to get a good laugh at some of the shade thrown his way- he wasn't bad depth- was generally pretty safe and would rack up 100m.
Type of guy who made the most of what he had- got to admire that.

He wasn't depth though Cappy used him way too much, and it cost us a few games.

all the best Jono

if we had a gumby 13 from Warriors history you would certainly have a spot in that side LOL !!

Yup him and Dane Nielsen would be headline acts for that side.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Yeah that was always a head scratcher. I remember him losing us two games with horrific errors near our own line with the game in the balance
My worst memory was that game against the Sharks when Tuimoala Lolohea came on in extra time. Wright had a bloody shocker and cost us that game with two handling errors right in our zone that both lead to tries...

• Haha
Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
The only thing I will ever remember about him is that moment.

Could never understand why Cappy favoured him so much.
I think the moment where Cappy lost even his most loyal supporters was when on radio sports he said something along the lines of he was “looking to bring a few more Jono Wright’s into the squad”. The response from fans was rather severe.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
And Jono Wright just said "Ngah ngah!" to all you haters out there.

He's been selected in Parramatta's Legends of League squad for this weekend's tournament. Would anyone be surprised to know Cliff Lyons is still playing, BTW? Thought not.

But beat that, Roger, Shuan, Stacey et al!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings