General Johns out?? New predictions for the match

AliN_old

April fool's yesterday, but it's being reported on Aussie radio today and on Newcastle forums that Joey isn't playing. Has a neck muscle injury.

If that is the case....

Warriors 24 - Knights 22

FTS - Webby
MOM - Wai
Crowd - 18,967

Yeehaa, my day has suddenly brightened despite the weather.
Go Warriors!!

*Kimmy*_old

Hehe the weathers sunny here :)

Um..i think the score will be...26-20 to...its a hard one..ok ima not say who's gunna win, i'll just say the score shall be 26-20 :D

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Yea its official. Hope the boys make the most of this opportunity.

GO WARRIORS>

edguy_old

i would have liked to have played them with johns in so they had no excuses .....just hope theres no complacency from our boys with AJ out,,,,

woot go me .....glad i got my $10 bucks on yesterday at 5-1
hahahahah tab has changed the odds over here in aussie now ,,, warriors only paying $2.60 to win ...... i must have ESP ....lol
choice !!!!!

edguy_old

just saw this quote in the paper ....

"Betting agencies across the country yesterday were rocked by a massive plunge totalling $200,000 on the Warriors"

someone knew about johns injury :wink: .......lol go u big punters

Iafeta_old

The Warriors have to get into their heads they're -2, thats through bad luck and bad management, they have to take advantage of this good luck. No ifs, no buts, they've got to make sure they put their bodies on the line and come up with the 2 competition points. With or without Johns, Energy Australia Stadium is a fortress.

I felt a bit more comfortable with him playing to be honest, the mental let down and the contrasting motivation to the Knights players may be hard to contain.

Wiki_old

Although it would have been nice to beat the Knights with Johns in it, this is a blessing in disguise for us.

When the injury was first reported, I had a feeling he wouldn't play.

Iafeta is right. We must take this opportunity. We need two wins on the trot. We have some games coming up that we will be favoured to win. If we can win this one, we could be in for a little streak.

I certainly think we have it in us and the real test for the Knights will be to see if they are a real premiership team, with or without Johns.

sebastian_old

Joey's out, its a miracle & we didn't have to use any violence, who knows he might have pulled out cause he's scared of us now!! PLEASE GOD LET US WINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skinny_Ravs82

Event hou it's a good thing I'd rather play a team with all it's top players on board. it's a better and more effective way to see how you are going. Anyway, some one mentioned one of the Gidley boys wasn't playing either. You talking about Matt or Kurt?

L N_old

one man does not make a team
but that man in question.....sure does come close

EJ20_old

lets hope the team isnt thinking along the lines of turning to win is all they'll need

Sinbad_old

Jones withdraws from clash

Newcastle captain Andrew Johns withdrew on Sunday morning from his side's NRL encounter against the New Zealand Warriors.

Johns has a minor neck strain he sustained during a weights session last week and woke Sunday morning still experiencing discomfort.

Youngster Jarrod Mullen will replace Johns in the Knights line-up for the match at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Club doctor Neil Halpin said early indications were that the injury is unrelated to the serious neck injury which sidelined Johns two years ago.

"It doesn't seem to be, but obviously you can't be 100 per cent sure of that," Halpin said on Saturday.

"If there is any doubt we'll get an MRI on Monday.

"But it's not the same sort of pain, he hasn't got the same sort of pain going down his arm and his hand like he did before, it's purely neck pain.

"We'll see how he pulls up."

Direct from TV One website.

Attn TAB please change my bet to warriors by 12 or more !
:shock: