Player John Simon

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
John Simon

John Simon 2000.jpg

*moved off topic posts to form this thread

We certainly do, much more than the so called stars that flop. Greg Alexander and John Simon as painful examples. Smith and SK are really remolding this club, and I just love it.

You have a selective memory Bruce. John Simon played very well for the Warriors during the short time he was here.

Last edited by a moderator:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You have a selective memory Bruce. John Simon played very well for the Warriors during the short time he was here.
I must have been influenced by the fact that when he was here the Warriors were playing like shit in front of declining crowds and he scored TWO tries in 32 games and in 2000 the club ended up 13th out of 14th. He must have played really well, especially as he was a co captain. Just saying like.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The game we thrashed the Knights 44-0 or something similar in 1999, John Simon was captain, he was sensational that day.
I was there. It was a scungy cold wet night. They didn't turn up.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Haha this is gold.

The way I remember it John Simon was awesome the first year (think he came mid season) then poor the next year.

Reactions: Inruin

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
John Simon 2000 5.jpg

He was a handy player but had played his best years. He was the Blake Green to Stacey Jones at the time. Dude had the skills and vision but was out of shape and had lost his speed.

2000 was a miserable year for the club. Jones was injured at the start of the season so Simons was paired up with Robbie Mears and Ben Lythe in the halves. I remember Ivan Cleary playing centre while Cliff Beverley was getting smashed at fullback. Team was stacked with players who in all fairness probably should have never played NRL if it weren't for Graham Lowes genius development plan of plucking players straight out of the Fox Memorial competition (something the current owners look to want to repeat :banghead:). Im talking about Cliff Beverley, Talite Liava'a, Ben Lythe, David Mulhall and Scott Petherbridge. Then you add in the past there due date players like Tony Tuimavave, John Simon, Lee Oudenryn, and Terry Hermansson as well as the journeymen like Jason Bell, Scott Coxon, Jason Death, and David Myles and its little wonder we sucked...

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

Check it out, 2000.

The year started well but just got worse ... the crowds are an indication of this too. Compare the first ro7nd crowd vs the latter crowds.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

He was a handy player but had played his best years. He was the Blake Green to Stacey Jones at the time. Dude had the skills and vision but was out of shape and had lost his speed.

2000 was a miserable year for the club. Jones was injured at the start of the season so Simons was paired up with Robbie Mears and Ben Lythe in the halves. I remember Ivan Cleary playing centre while Cliff Beverley was getting smashed at fullback. Team was stacked with players who in all fairness probably should have never played NRL if it weren't for Graham Lowes genius development plan of plucking players straight out of the Fox Memorial competition (something the current owners look to want to repeat :banghead:). Im talking about Cliff Beverley, Talite Liava'a, Ben Lythe, David Mulhall and Scott Petherbridge. Then you add in the past there due date players like Tony Tuimavave, John Simon, Lee Oudenryn, and Terry Hermansson as well as the journeymen like Jason Bell, Scott Coxon, Jason Death, and David Myles and its little wonder we sucked...
The thing is that only 10 years before Lowe would have been correct. Just shows how quickly the Fox went downhill.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I liked him.

Team was a mess.

Thought he continued the tradition Dean Bell set....an aging fighter covering for the inherent lazyness and stupidity of team mates...a role last played by Simon Mannering.

Your turns coming Shaun Johnson....Run to the hills....run for your liiiiife....

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings