Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Married 6-10 yrs

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Married 11 - 15 yrs

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Married + 15 yrs

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
I find it grotesque that churches expect tithing, your time should be the most valuable you can give them with only a limited supply.
The thing is churches SHOULDN‘T expect their congregations to give 10% of the income (what a tithe is)….. tithing is only mentioned four times in the New Testament and NONE of those are an instruction or command for Christians. The insructions for Christians is to giving willing and as they can afford too. Church leaders who demand their congregations pay more than they can afford are totally off the mark!!!!

Where tithing does occur is in the Old Testament as an instruction to the Jews. Tithing was used to support one of the 12 Tribes where all the priests came from, to provide money for running the temple and synagogues and was used as their form of social welfare.

The thing is churches SHOULDN‘T expect their congregations to give 10% of the income (what a tithe is)….. tithing is only mentioned four times in the New Testament and NONE of those are an instruction or command for Christians. The insructions for Christians is to giving willing and as they can afford too. Church leaders who demand their congregations pay more than they can afford are totally off the mark!!!!

Where tithing does occur is in the Old Testament as an instruction to the Jews. Tithing was used to support one of the 12 Tribes where all the priests came from, to provide money for running the temple and synagogues and was used as their form of social welfare.
Such as most things it’s been abused though. And being a charitable organisation doesn’t sit right with me for the ones mentioned that demand a percentage. I’ve been fascinated in my time in various pacific islands over the years and the pedestal that the church is put on but I respect it as it’s their choice. The explanation you provided around the form of social welfare you mentioned perhaps still exists but has been abused and on such a scale by some that they should be contributing to society in a financial form. When you consider that ambulance and the like are charitable organisations, these would be great areas where some funding could be committed?

That was a question by me. Is it a prerequisite? Or is living a good life consistent with there being one what is required. If you are a good man you make it in. If not...

The theory isn't about whether you believe or not. Obviously if you do and live a life consistent with that then you don't need it. The theory was for a rational man considering what the potential outcomes could be.
I thought he's arguing for striving to actually believe in god rather than just obeying Christian rules and doctrines, a spiritual leap of faith rather than a bet at the TAB.
Is it a prerequisite? "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). Sounds pretty exclusive.

Last edited:
I'm starting to see why a lot of us are divorced
It’s about picking the right woman (or man in this day and age)

She’s got to know from the start she’s an inferior driver, belongs in the kitchen, does all the housework and childcare and know she is always going to be second in the relationship behind the Warriors.

Get it sorted from the start and you’ve got a keeper!

It’s about picking the right woman (or man in this day and age)

She’s got to know from the start she’s an inferior driver, belongs in the kitchen, does all the housework and childcare and know she is always going to be second in the relationship behind the Warriors.

Get it sorted from the start and you’ve got a keeper!
Is this your mrs? And has she got a sister?

I thought he's arguing for striving to actually believe in god rather than just obeying Christian rules and doctrines, a spiritual leap of faith rather than a bet at the TAB.
Is it a prerequisite? "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). Sounds pretty exclusive.
Not how I read it but understand what you are saying. The theory does appear to be more like an insurance policy, rather than a bet, with very little downside if there isn't a god, heaven, hell versus the risk/rewards if there are.

Anything with conditions of entry are exclusive aren't they?

Not how I read it but understand what you are saying. The theory does appear to be more like an insurance policy, rather than a bet, with very little downside if there isn't a god, heaven, hell versus the risk/rewards if there are.

Anything with conditions of entry are exclusive aren't they?
Yep pretty much, what about you, do you see a creator or intelligent designer of the universe?

Back