General Your 2024 lineup

Good point. Really puts Cleary in perspective. If he avoids major injuries, he could be playing for another 6-8 years and he's already phenomenal. If you can hold onto - and nurture - a decent half through to 25, the long-term rewards are there. Halfback is so much about brains and vision, which really can only come from experience.
Cleary will go down as the goat imho- the Aussie media are just waiting for him to dominate an origin series so they can anoint him.

Had to google bukkake- hope I don’t get bullake adds popping up everywhere now 🤦‍♂️
Be glad he didn't say wasabi. Cleary wouldn't drown. His sinuses would make his head explode.

Still seeing Johnson/Metcalf as the 7/6 for at least the first 2-3 games. Capewell and Walker bench. Be patient with Nephew Of Ali and as well, in that regard, You DO NOT UPSET THE BERRYSIAH!! He get all Ezekiel 25:17 on yo' asses!

Whatever a vision of Elvis Presley might have said to Ali one night.

Tend to agree but just to play devil’s advocate…
If u look at who most people would rank as the top 8 halfbacks.
Cleary
Sj
Dce
Hughes
Reynolds
Hunt
Moses
Hynes.
Most of them are in their 30s- Cleary is the youngest at 26- Cht is still 24.
This makes it worse. The data says along with being top tier you need 150+ games. He is 5 years away from that and we don't even know if he is a good halfback.

You don't think Shaun and Charnze have another full season in them?
I think this is SJ's last season. At his age his motivation can only get him so far. I'm not sure he has much left in the tank How many times did Charnze get a bad headknock last year? He plays hard and he's closer to 30 - there's only so many seasons you can go like that. I expect a weaker year from him, more injuries. Egan too. The one factor that would make me wrong is if they are suiper motivated. Like at least as pumped as last year.

Cleary will go down as the goat imho- the Aussie media are just waiting for him to dominate an origin series so they can anoint him.

Injury toll will be interesting.

If he is lucky he could go on a long long time, or he could be a slowed down banged up wreck after a couple of knee ops and or a hammy tear, an ankle break, a bad fracture, upper body issues, loss of confidence, playing in a dinner jacket.

I think this is SJ's last season. At his age his motivation can only get him so far. I'm not sure he has much left in the tank How many times did Charnze get a bad headknock last year? He plays hard and he's closer to 30 - there's only so many seasons you can go like that. I expect a weaker year from him, more injuries. Egan too. The one factor that would make me wrong is if they are suiper motivated. Like at least as pumped as last year.
So IYHO 2024 is our premiership window for Shaun, Charnze, Egan and maybe even Tohu.
Add in every other squad member drinking the Webby Kool Aid.
Furthermore the up and comers will be pushing for spots.
The quality of our depth is insane and will be a constant going forward.
Almost forgot RTS and Capewell.
Good times.

So IYHO 2024 is our premiership window for Shaun, Charnze, Egan and maybe even Tohu.
Good times.
That's my opinion. 2024 is our best opportunity to win the premiership.

That's not to say we will or that the following years are a write off for that chance, but given everything we know currently it's lining up that way. If we don't win it 2024 I get the feeling it's going to be 3-5 years of being competitive in the top 8 but not in the running for the big prize.
That's a huge improvement on where we have been. And anything can happen in the finals and you have to be in the 8 to be able to take any advantage of that.

SJ is vital to our hopes. 2024 injury free and we should go close. If he plays on in 2025 with a relatively good level of performance we have another chance.

Good times.
And AFB's last year. I want them to think long and hard about who they get with their final free spot in the 30. Before anyone corrects me and says there are two spots left, I realise that but they leave one open on purpose so there is really one free spot at the moment. I would like us to get another forward. Even another second rower would be helpful for depth.

I'd be surprised if Webby doesn't start both CHT and Metcalf in NSW Cup: Chanel to get some valuable game time steering the ship with less pressure on him out of the gate, and Metcalf to see how his hamstrings shape up after a tough pre-season. I also suspect they'll be more careful with Egan's long term welfare this season and carry Lussick on the bench to give Wayde a break during the latter stages of the first half and into the second. And they'll use Marata off the bench to provide impact up the middle when AFB comes off. So something like this could roll out Week One:

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Rocco
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
13. Tohu
12. Ford
11. Capewell
10. Barnett
9. Egan
8. AFB

BENCH
14. Walker
15. Niukore
16. Jazz
17. Lussick

I'd be surprised if Webby doesn't start both CHT and Metcalf in NSW Cup: Chanel to get some valuable game time steering the ship with less pressure on him out of the gate, and Metcalf to see how his hamstrings shape up after a tough pre-season. I also suspect they'll be more careful with Egan's long term welfare this season and carry Lussick on the bench to give Wayde a break during the latter stages of the first half and into the second. And they'll use Marata off the bench to provide impact up the middle when AFB comes off. So something like this could roll out Week One:

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Rocco
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
13. Tohu
12. Ford
11. Capewell
10. Barnett
9. Egan
8. AFB

BENCH
14. Walker
15. Niukore
16. Jazz
17. Lussick
Yeah I think that's the squad 100%

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Rocco
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
13. Tohu
12. Ford
11. Capewell
10. Barnett
9. Egan
8. AFB

BENCH
14. Walker
15. Niukore
16. Jazz
17. Lussick
Looks like our strongest team to me. I'd be happy if that's what we get for round 1.

I also suspect they'll be more careful with Egan's long term welfare this season and carry Lussick on the bench to give Wayde a break during the latter stages of the first half and into the second
Do you think they might ease Tohu’s workload too rather than his shift at prop? They could run a super mobile bench of Niukore and Jazz for a stint with Walker at lock? My workmate has been going to physio for a broken leg and the person is friendly with the Warriors physio. She couldn’t believe the tape holding Tohu together she reckons.

Back