Staff Jim Doyle

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by playdaball, May 2, 2018.

1. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Mr Doyle is too good an asset to be lost to RL. I’d love to see him involved with NZRL again in some capacity.

Thanks Jim.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  2. iqjatt
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2015

iqjatt U20's Player

The only thing with this takeover so far that im pissed off with...

Doyle should have stayed on in some capacity...will be a great loss

3. Lets Gone
    Join:
    Aug 22, 2015

Lets Gone 1st Grade Fringe

So long Godoyle, hope you stay involved in kiwi rugby league

4. love4thegame
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2018

love4thegame U20's Player

no chance he would reapply ?? Please jim we are aready forever in your debt.

5. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

Thanks for all you have done for our Warriors club Jim and for your determination to make things right, sometimes in difficult circumstances.
    Time to move on but on behalf of my family we wish you all the best wherever that path may lead.

6. Onewarrior
    Join:
    Jul 10, 2013

Onewarrior 1st Grade Fringe

Thank you Jim Doyle for your services to the club.

7. RiceOwl
    Join:
    Mar 28, 2015

RiceOwl 1st Grade Fringe

Thank you Jim for all of your service to rugby league in this country. A key achievement for me is having the team stay at MSS for the forseeable future, we as fans are indebted to you for that.

All the best and hope you continue in some capacity to support rugby league in NZ.

8. Rick O'Shay
    Join:
    May 1, 2013

Rick O'Shay 1st Grade Fringe

I hope GoDoyle is not finished with league in this country. If the new owners have any sense, he would make the ideal independent director on the Warriors board or even better, chairman of the Carlaw Trust

9. ramraider78
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2012

ramraider78 1st Grade Fringe

I couldn't see JD and McGregor working together TBH - I really hope JD steps back into NZRL and helps our game on a national level if not back into NRL in some head office capacity. I can't see him leaving the rugby league world for another code.

10. Kestrel84
    Join:
    Aug 26, 2017

Kestrel84 Rippin' and a Tearin' Contributor

Thanks Jim - regardless of what anyone thinks of the past few years, you put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the Warriors.

Forever a Warrior in my book. On ya' mate.

11. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

For some reason people will only ever remember him and drag him over the coals for his failed Kieran Foran experiment. While it was most definitely a black mark on his time here it pales in comparison to what he achieved. While his recruitment of Foran was a disaster his getting Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Issac Luke to put pen to paper is paying off this year. The same people who give him grief for signing Foran do not give him credit for the others.

Another recruitment decision he was lauded for was bringing in Stephen Kearney. I must admit to having done a complete 180 on my doubts of Mooks now.

Lets not forget it was Doyle who brought Cameron George into the fold and also Doyle who pushed Dean Bell out.

Doyle also his locked in Mt Smart Stadium long-term when the RFA's Robert Domm had all but dropped the axe on the Warriors home ground. Not only did he get them to reverse their decision but he secured the ground long term until 2028. Also got the huge screen installed which anyone who has attended a game will tell you its a great addition to the game day experience.

Despite the club being a failure on field he's done well to get bums on seats and make the club even more financially stable than his predecessor had. Eric Watson spoke of Doyle "driving the financial benefits to the club of the NRL's new club funding model." I would doubt there is a single person involved in any of the other 15 clubs who would have a greater understanding of the NRL's funding model than Doyle.

I've made no secret of my personal mancrush on Doyle. What he did for the NZRL back when the game was only days away from put into involuntary liquidation is something all Kiwis and league lovers of this country should be indebted to. I share others sentiments that I pray he remains in the game in some capacity.

I wanna thank Jim for all he has done for our beloved club and wish him all the best for the future.

ALL HAIL GODOYLE!!!

12. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

Best wishes in (semi?) retirement Jim. All the best to you if you decide to no longer be involved in league. You leave the club in a far better position than what you inherited.

13. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Assistant Ballboy Contributor

No point posting my own speel this is pretty much perfect

14. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Watch out Todd Greenburg!

Or Hopefully he'll go back to the NZRL on a part time basis to sort out that mess, again.

15. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

We'll miss you Jimmy.

Hopefully the club you rebuilt will give you some joy over the next few seasons. That's probably the best thank you we can give.

16. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

It has been great having a CEO (at the time) that the rest of the NRL respected. I remember years ago articles written about one of our CEO's being to nice and would get taken apart by the Aussie CEO's. In Doyle we had someone the rest of the NRL respected.

He did some good work while in his CEO position which other poster mentioned. As the Chairman he wasn't in the role for long but was still good to have him still with the club.

He has done some good work here and we should hopefully benefit from his time at the NRL where he got to see how the other clubs went about things.

17. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

I really, really, reallyyyyy hope this doesn't come back to bite us.

18. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

So the new owners don't want to go in the direction Doyle was guiding the club? seemed like we were doing everything right??

19. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

I would expect Doyle to pop up somewhere else.

The thing with guys like Jim is they consider all approaches on their merit.

There will be something out there in the game that pikes his interest I'm sure.

20. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Too good for the Warriors ultimately.

The brand is cursed.

The Franchise is hexed.

The owners are fools.

The culture will rapidly return to rot.