Staff Jim Doyle

I think woods was saying he signed with the Dogs before he knew what it would be like with Ivan as coach. So this could mean he didn't have enough time with Ivan to understand him and his coaching ways until a while after he'd signed his new deal...
Still tajhay tajhay is right and the excuses for jumping at the sniff of money are reminiscent of the local bike
Wrong again. Cleary was totally upfront with the Warriors about Gould's approach. He was coming off contract anyway, all he wanted was for the Warriors to give him another contract. They didn't end of story. They let him go against the advice of their Football Manager John Hart. Good luck to him, EW and Scurrah may the bird of paradise fly up your nose.
Haha.. never said he wasn't upfront, but lacked faith and patience and jumped the gun..
Give up bruce bruce, Carlaw Park is in the past as is Cleary

star plus?(chinese)
No - a very, very established firm .... one of the largest in NZ.

After being stung a couple of times with housing firms going under, let's just say I'm very weary of building companies I deal with now. Starplus approached me at one stage to design 15 houses for them. A couple of quick calls to two of their suppliers meant I didn't want to have anything to do with them.

I later found out a couple of Chinese subbies I know were doing work for them so I warned them about what I'd found out about Starplus - one got out in time, the other took the risk to stay and lost big time!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce and brightman

bruce

Contributor
From Dale Budge's article:

"The crowds have declined all season and you get the feeling less people are paying attention to the Warriors at the moment. Sponsorship revenue and gate takings are needed to help fund the improvements and so Doyle is left with a balancing act of weighing up the methodical rebuild with the risky notion of quick fix attempts."

That might be where JD is now but a fair question is when did the methodical rebuild start? The fans are freezing to death out in the rain.

We need more Aussies in the team Jim. It's like the basketball comp where they all have two American players. Any team that doesn't have a couple of players from the best basketball country on earth doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Our problem is the other 15 NRL teams are stacked with Aussies... We're stacked with Islanders who started out playing union. Of course we're losing...

It's nothing personal against Islanders. But we're not here for participation trophies. No more Polynesian dreams of conquering the NRL and putting the evil Aussies in their place please...

Losings getting boring...

Last edited:

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
When SK and GODoyle signed Harris for Hoffman..

Releasing Lolohea, letting Mutts, Hoffman, Thompson (?) and Lillyman(?) go. You have to tear it down first before you rebuild

Some people here moan about how small our pack is and how it needs a clean out. Well, SK better start cleaning out the deck otherwise his rebuilding is simply a makeover.

I thought letting Lolohea go was a big call. It looked like he was going for a no dickheads policy. If he ends up signing Blair, it will be one step forward two steps back.

We'll be having the exact same discussion we had with Luke, but worse. He's 32 next year. Luke is technically still in his prime.

Reactions: Straight up
Definitely putting money on 13+ for the Knights now, that's a jinx in huge neon writing with sirens and klaxons going off and those inflatable floppy arm things flailing around if I ever saw one!

Cha-ching!

Screenshot_2017-08-05-18-53-53.png

bruce

Contributor
They can be fixed, however not by Doyle.
Three years effort to culminate in a loss to the wooden spooners. Mainly through poor planning in that time. How can he be trusted to get it right. He definitely cannot fix it. If he stays he has to find a John Hart type, maybe even bribe Wayne Smith to come on board. I don't know but he has to find a football manager and tell Tony Iro not to sign anybody that cannot tackle. Sheesh that was pathetic tonight.

Turning this club around means Doyle has to do something he doesn't want to do, and that's fire half the people on the Warriors payroll...

He's in it for the community atmosphere, but you can't have that and win. You have to run a merit based system, and those systems don't make for nice family atmospheres....

So he can carry on enjoying the feel good factor within the squad, and ride the club into the ground. Or he can man up, swing the ax, and give us fans what we want. Surely the roar of the crowd will ease the pain?

Anyone who isn't in the club because they love the sound the crowd makes when we win, needs a new job. Probably be much lower pay, but there it is. Tough titties. Money isn't everything.

Doyle came in way to late. 2011 should have been dawn not an end. Sex tape's, drug scandals, prison sentences, poor diets, now only 2 players from that grand final, remain, Mannering & Johnson with Matulino leaving and Lillyman likely leaving. Its embarrassing that Watson & Scurrah didn't care. Now they care, leaving Jim to fix this mess

Reactions: jonno and Johnnyray

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Wrong again. Cleary was totally upfront with the Warriors about Gould's approach. He was coming off contract anyway, all he wanted was for the Warriors to give him another contract. They didn't end of story. They let him go against the advice of their Football Manager John Hart. Good luck to him, EW and Scurrah may the bird of paradise fly up your nose.

Not quite 100% true... Cleary still had a year to run on his contract when he left and I believe the issue was with the length of the contract rather than not offering him one, Scurrah is quoted as saying they were in negotiations to extend the contract when Gould aggressively went after his man.
People forget when Clearly resigned we were 9th coming off 4straight losses and things weren't looking to rosey, we were looking pretty stale and you could see how a change looked appealing ( in hindsight a wrong decision) it was only a freak run and a quirk in the playoffs that got us to the grand final