General jesse royal signs

2big2strong_old

But who would you leave out?

Personally I'd leave out Lillyman because we need another Prop on the bench and I'd start Eastwood and move Matulino to the bench for some impact.

Isn't that crazy though?!? Leaving a current S.O.O player and new recruit out of the squad completely. I just rate all our other players a notch higher than him.

Spence_old

I want to see how Lillyman goes before I judge him. I think he is probably one of the worst SoO selections of the past few seasons, but the fact that he was good enough to be considered is something to think about.

2big2strong_old

He's solid, very solid. But we've already got Luck and Mannering that are just as solid. I do actually like the thought of him stiffening up our defence but would rather Eastwood.

Jesbass_old

But who would you leave out?

Personally I'd leave out Lillyman because we need another Prop on the bench and I'd start Eastwood and move Matulino to the bench for some impact.

Isn't that crazy though?!? Leaving a current S.O.O player and new recruit out of the squad completely. I just rate all our other players a notch higher than him.

At the moment, I'd leave out Tuimavave, because I have to. I possibly would, anyway.

If Lillyman grows an offload, he'll throw another spanner into the works.

It's a great problem for the club to have.

Jesbass_old

But what if we dont sign Eastwood? how would your bench be?

Me?

Assuming:
1 - We don't sign Eastwood.
2 - Lauaki leaves the Warriors.
3 - Tuimavave is injured, Round 1.

I'd have a bench looking something like:
Royal
Packer
Lillyman
Hohaia

With Royal, Packer, Retzlaff, and Tuimavave battling it out for the first two bench spots, Matulino fighting hard for either the third or for a starting spot, and Hohaia basically owning that last spot.

Lego_Man_old

I think we've got to be careful with how we manage Package this year - he's still very young and we dont want to stunt his development by letting him get hammered too much.

Iafeta_old

Some bench for me Jes, except I'd have Matulino on the bench and start with Lillyman. Keep it nice and tight defensively early on to build your platform, and then get Matulino running slightly wider or coming back on the grain between the A-markers, Gorden Tallis like. Hmmm, interesting comparison from me there as I reckon Matulino is a Steve Simpson clone.

ToiletDuck_old

I think we've got to be careful with how we manage Package this year - he's still very young and we dont want to stunt his development by letting him get hammered too much.

Rapira has been a regular since he was 19?

Spence_old

And Mannering? Not sure what his age was when he debuted. But he has played something like 80 consecutive games. 25 odd games a season, and he is 22 now. He would have been around 19.

Tajhay_old

And Mannering? Not sure what his age was when he debuted. But he has played something like 80 consecutive games. 25 odd games a season, and he is 22 now. He would have been around 19.

probably 18. it took him a year before he started doing nicky ;)