General Jerome Ropati....

• Thread starter warriorfaithful*_old
  • Start date

warriorfaithful*_old

Well what can i say...... WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!! He showed what he can do today and if he can play like that every week he wont have another critic ever lol. :) And also epalahame lauaki was awesome.

sliphgrrl_old

yeah, i'm finally gonna have to stop badmouthing ropati - he's been my favourite player to hate for the last 2 years. its seems like over the last 6 or 8 weeks, he's suddenly got some confidence.

KeepingTheFaith_old

I said it last week that he was beginning to show what he can do. Against the Cowboys and Storm he seemed to have better variety on attack with some short and long passes. Today he did it all. He ran, passed, supported, kicked, tackled and scored. Even when the ball went loose he seemed to pop up at the right moment. It was just one of those days for him.

The improvement has really come since the signing of Witt. It was a wakeup call for Ropati and he's delivered in the best way possible since then.

Northern_Union

His tries were individual tries. He still isn't playing as a 5/8.

I can't knock him on what he's done in the last few weeks but i just think as a club we can do a lot better that Ropo at 5/8. And also the player himself will only get better if he is being played in a position that suits him EG center,wing or lock.

*Kimmy*_old

Ropo was gold today!!..4 friggin tries..and against the Roosters..can't get much better then that!! :lol:

AmeriKiwi_old

What I really like about the Warriors is that we don`t all have to worry if one or 2 of our better players are injured or having an aff day on the field... there`s always someone to step up and play extremely well, and it varies quite a lot from week to week. It`s the way championship teams GET to the finals, and I`m really looking forward to 2007 for the Warriors!!

jahc_old

My posts were mysteriously removed, so I'll say it again..

I'm sick of people constantly putting down our players. I'm glad the Hohaia and Lauaki critics have finally shut up, but now everyones still putting down Ropati, despite him playing well over the last few weeks.

jahc_old

Btw, doesnt it occur to moderators that some people spend a good 5-10 minutes carefully constructing well phrased thoughts? It bugs me that they're just going around deleting anything they want.

warriors4life_old

jahc said:
Btw, doesnt it occur to moderators that some people spend a good 5-10 minutes carefully constructing well phrased thoughts? It bugs me that they're just going around deleting anything they want.

I can't speak on behalf of the other moderators but I definitely do not delete people's posts without informing them, and even then I will have a good reason.

Back on topic, Ropati was great today, can't put a guy down for scoring 4 tries, I'd still like to see him in the centres next year though, I feel that is where his true potential lies and the position which suits his game.

Northern_Union

Hello?????

Any MODS have an answer?

From my experience these sort of problems are either database errors/server errors/admin or mods with to much time on there hands.

Skinny_Ravs82

You can all point the finger at me if you want but it wasn't me. I was reading those posts and then I left and have only just got back to the forum and noticed it disappeared and I have no answers to who/what or why

jahc_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
You can all point the finger at me if you want but it wasn't me. I was reading those posts and then I left and have only just got back to the forum and noticed it disappeared and I have no answers to who/what or why
Okay, thats cool. Sorry for going off before, I was very wound up at the thought of someone intentionally removing my posts. I'd agree with the previous poster who said it could be a server issue. I'm a computer guy so I should have thought of that first before pointing fingers.

back on topic: how good was Ropati today?? :)

Northern_Union

Skinny_Ravs82 said:

No one was pointing the finger at you Vic.

Skinny_Ravs82

jahc said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Okay, thats cool. Sorry for going off before, I was very wound up at the thought of someone intentionally removing my posts. I'd agree with the previous poster who said it could be a server issue. I'm a computer guy so I should have thought of that first before pointing fingers.

back on topic: how good was Ropati today?? :)

LOL ok, since my orginal post has gone, I guess I'll back track on whatever it is I said. yes Ropati had a good game and showed us up a bit but...he's seriously got to pass more and work with his outside men a bit!

jahc_old

RS_Dragon said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:

No one was pointing the finger at you Vic.
I was! bl**dy hell, someone shoot me!

scottyb_old

personally, i thought ROPO was awesome today, and take away the tries he scored today, i am happy to see him at 5/8 next year, i think he has grown into the position

Jesbass_old

Off topic, I haven't been online all day. I hope those who lost posts didn't lose too much.

On topic, I thought Ropati had a great match today. All four tries were from running the ball - his specialty - I no longer view him as the best standoff we can have - but I still consider him to be a great individual player, albeit out of position.