General Jerome Ropati! Best five eigth in the NRL!!!!

2big2strong_old

.....during round 16!

He was named in this weeks 'Rugby League Week - Team of the week', at five eigth. Also joining J-Ro from the Warriors, were Nathan Fien at Hooker with half the bench taken up by Lance Hohaia and Awen Guttenbeil.

RLW Team of the Week

1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Shannon McDonnell
3. Matt Cooper
4. Adam Mogg
5. Brent Tate
6. Jerome Ropati
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Craig Stapleton
9. Nathan Fien
10. Shane Webcke
11. Ryan Hoffman
12. Lance Thompson
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Lance Hohaia
15. Paul Aiton
16. Jason Ryles
17. Awen Guttenbeil

Interesting he was voted over the likes of Darren Lockyer and Mark Gaznier.Gettin Better...

raypower_old

Must've been that grubber from his own 30 that he put in during the second half that tipped him over the edge....

I was happy with his game, he's great when he runs a line and get's some space.

Samoan Souljah_old

Wheres Pricey in that team is all i have to say ... oh yeah and good game by Ropati on the weekend lol .. oh yeah i was watching a queensland cup game a week or so ago and noticed there was another ropati in there .. dont know any info on this guy or efen what team he plays for but he plays wing .. any1 else know anything about him?

2big2strong_old

Samoan Souljah said:
Wheres Pricey in that team is all i have to say ... oh yeah and good game by Ropati on the weekend lol .. oh yeah i was watching a queensland cup game a week or so ago and noticed there was another ropati in there .. dont know any info on this guy or efen what team he plays for but he plays wing .. any1 else know anything about him?

Yeah bro. TANGI ROPATI, he plays for my local team here, the Wynnum Manly Seagulls, same team as Wally Lewis and Gene Miles etc. He's awesome! i've seen him play ever position in the backs from stand off to fullback. he tore the Broncos apart a month ago, stepped leon Bott and outpaced him 80 metres.

He also played for Marist Richmond i think, and he played for samoa in the pacific rim tournament.

Samoan Souljah_old

oh cool the game i watched was the game where ropatis team vs'd the team Taulapapa is playing for now .. taulapapa played well scored 2 tries bombed 1 or 2 by holding the ball instead of passing to his winger .. the 1 time he did pass it the winger scored lol .. he played centre too .. he suited centre more than winger .. why didnt the warriors play him at centre? ..

tezzah_old

Yeah Tangi is the Man! Mean speed and agility! Very powerful hitter! - aka Bruce Lee, well him and Misi rekon they are in the mould of Bruce Lee!LOL!

Played for the Marist Saints for years before playing under Bernie Perenara in the Marist Richmond Brothers team.

Heard he was leaving to go to the Queensland Cup competition earlier this year. He's a mean fullback, winger and played NZ Sevens rugby league. Is now playing for Wynnum Sea Eagles which Steve Matai played for before being picked up for Manly last year.

Steve played with the Richmond Bulldogs and went on to play with Tangi at the World Sevens for New Zealand residents team a couple years ago, which is when Steve got picked up by Wynnum.

Good experience for all of them I rekon!

NZ Warriors loss!

Iafeta_old

Price not being in that team is an absolutely disgrace.

He should have been the first player selected. 22 hit ups in 50 minutes, a couple of line breaks, a lot of offloads, devastating.

Absolute disgrace. RLW lift your game.

Samoan Souljah_old

I agree with Iafeta .. i would have picked him over Stapleton or Webcke .. then again do you think if that performance wasnt against rabbits he would have got in?

casso_old

Ropatis are everywhere!

In my 40 odd years of watching Rugby league there always seems to be a Ropati pop up somewhere and most of them seem to be outside backs.Is Ropati the Maori version of Smith and Jones as a surname,or is it just a family tie of Rugby League players?

Jesbass_old

Re: Ropatis are everywhere!

casso said:
In my 40 odd years of watching Rugby league there always seems to be a Ropati pop up somewhere and most of them seem to be outside backs.Is Ropati the Maori version of Smith and Jones as a surname,or is it just a family tie of Rugby League players?

No, Jerome is not related to Peter, Tea, and co. Is that what you were asking?

sebastian_old

Iafeta said:

He should have been the first player selected. 22 hit ups in 50 minutes, a couple of line breaks, a lot of offloads, devastating.

You'll be happy to know in Big League they picked Price put Webb on the bench. Its a joke they didn't pick Pricey in RLW he smashed Stapleton in with stats. Price had 181 metres, Stapelton only had 122, Price had 22 hit-ups Stapelton only had 12 hit-ups, Price had a line break, Stapelton did not so you definitly have a case with RLW Iafeta.

2big2strong_old

Re: Ropatis are everywhere!

casso said:

They're not Maori, they're Samoan. and even though Jerome isn't an immediate family member of tea and iva and so on they are all related and come back to the same Tepuna. (ala Sione and Beatrice Faumuina) The girls are awesome netball players too.

Skinny_Ravs82

sebastian said:
Iafeta said:

You'll be happy to know in Big League they picked Price put Webb on the bench. Its a joke they didn't pick Pricey in RLW he smashed Stapleton in with stats. Price had 181 metres, Stapelton only had 122, Price had 22 hit-ups Stapelton only had 12 hit-ups, Price had a line break, Stapelton did not so you definitly have a case with RLW Iafeta.

I'd concur with that statement too. It's a pretty soft decision in my opinion. If they didn't picky pricey because of the quality of the opposition that sucks; and it would make me question why Nath, Lance and Jerome were picked.

Skinny_Ravs82

2black2strong said:
seagulls also have a "Josh Rovelli" i think he's related to Grant

Sorry to bring this thread up again but I was just browising thourgh an old thread at another forum where I had made a mention of Rovelli last year and yes there is Josh Rovelli.... To quote this part of the article: "Rovelli has a younger brother Josh who's now playing for Souths Juniors in the Jersey Flegg competition. "

2big2strong_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
2black2strong said:
seagulls also have a "Josh Rovelli" i think he's related to Grant

Sorry to bring this thread up again but I was just browising thourgh an old thread at another forum where I had made a mention of Rovelli last year and yes there is Josh Rovelli.... To quote this part of the article: "Rovelli has a younger brother Josh who's now playing for Souths Juniors in the Jersey Flegg competition. "

yeah, and don't get your hopes up skinny, he's an overweight prop, balder than Grant and looks about 38. lol. can see the resemblance though in the face.....and the hair (or lack of)