Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
For me tackle count can be deceiving .I'll use Nathan Friend as an example
He would make 40 50 tackles a game an lose us 5 to 10 meters every tackle

Where as Michael Luck would put out the same numbers but generally he would
Stop them in their tracks totally different results same numbers
This is the nuance that I try to look at when considering post contact metres and even metres: someone might bank 2m post contact but be completely controlled by the defence with 2 markers on their feet, the 3rd already retreated, and an intact defensive line, the attacking player might even register a fast ptb, but they've still created a net negative for their team: Congrats you've made good metres but the next runner is screwed, or worse if it's on the 4th, your kicker is under pressure and your "10m" run loses us 30m or so from a bad kick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
How about go back to the post I was replying to and read it.
I also felt uncomfortable with your post and reported it. It was out of character for you as normally you are positive, cheerful, and upbeat, I don't want this to be like the All Blacks web site where everyone flames anyone who dares criticise a mighty all black.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I also felt uncomfortable with your post and reported it. It was out of character for you as normally you are positive, cheerful, and upbeat, I don't want this to be like the All Blacks web site where everyone flames anyone who dares criticise a mighty all black.
I will never knock an opinion when it is presented with some substance to back it up (I’ve probably been more critical than anyone on certain players) - however calling a player who is putting in a huge effort each week a dipshit, suggesting that he’s romantically involved with his coach and a reason for not wanting to support the Warriors anymore? Anyway all good and hopefully my follow up post on the thread was more reasonable.

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If all a dude posts is troll posts (take a look at the history), i dont have a problem with Mr Brownstone telling him to pull his head in.

Anyway, back on Jazz. As i said before, a great tacklebot, every team needs one.....Warriors especially. Not just the tackles on D he also works off the ball plugging holes from the inside (something Luck and Mannering saved us with many times.

Has that little hit and spin thing when he takes the ball into contact but he does annoy me with ball in hand as he tends to overplay things, or put his hand up for the ball when we're in prime position.

He annoys me less these days now that coach wonderful doesnt use him off the bench to replace a prop (honestly how often did that shit coincide with us losing dominance up front?....used to do my head in)

Once we get better 2nd rowers around him we'll look a lot better balanced..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Jazz is selling some sports memorabilia on Trade Me to fundraise for an injured teammate. Including boots worn by Harris, RTS and Greenie.

Can see bruce bruce would really want Fus’ MMT Jersey ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Reaction score
Jazz is selling some sports memorabilia on Trade Me to fundraise for an injured teammate. Including boots worn by Harris, RTS and Greenie.

Can see bruce bruce would really want Fus’ MMT Jersey ;)

It’s for Nathaniel Roach. Good on Jazz for doing this.

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Surely Roache has got enough in the bank to take a holiday himself??
Probably... but can’t a team mate do something nice for his mate.... and in the meantime collectors get a chance at buying some cool gears. It’s not like it’s a give a little page, he is just offering up some gears for people to buy.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Despite his faults Jazz gives it all every play, every game. Obviously a good trainer and leads the way on attitude.

Lot to like then. Sorry no criticism of SK which seems to be the norm here. If more players had his work ethic they would be in better shape.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Signed game worn jerseys added to Jazz’s auctions:

Reaction score

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
On a more serious note though, great work from Jazz and am hoping it brightens Roache's offseason which is otherwise going to be another tough one. Jazz has shown he is a top guy off the field too.

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Signed game worn jerseys added to Jazz’s auctions:

Go put some bids in, see how much you can make mount Wellington pay for them.

Top Bottom