Jazz Tevaga

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Assistant Ballboy
Contributor
Reaction score
Love seeing him play lock. Will be his long term position once he bulks up a bit more. Got the motor and attitude in spades. Lacking size but only an inch shorter than Paul Gallen so its not impossible...
Yeah about how Gallen bulked up... lol

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The mobile, ball playing lock is making its way back into the game and funnily enough, it's the top teams that have figured it out:
  • Cam Murray for Souths
  • Victor Radley for Roosters
  • Brandon Smith for Storm
Jazz is the same size as these dudes and plays a very similar role.

This is an unpopular opinion but I think his heart and determination is unrivalled in our team and he's the point of difference in our pack atm. I'm sure Kearney sees the same thing for him to be one of the first picked every week. He needs to do some speed training (maybe drop a kilo or two) and he needs to work on his passing while analysing some top quality hookers games for vision sake.

The coaching staff screw Jazz and the rest of the team over big time by playing Blair, Burr and Papalii at the same time as Jazz. Tevaga can play effective big minutes but you need a powerful front and second row to accommodate a small lock or you get run over (once again, top teams already implement this with great success).

I would love to see him succeed even as a lock/hooker hybrid which would actually save us one interchange in the long run.
All of the teams you mentioned have big well drilled forward packs
I think this would work for us if we had a dominant forward.

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Everyone is right, he makes too many mistakes at crucial times but we need his energy, he is getting manhandled at times but his stats are too hard to ignore.
There is a good player (possibly a really good one) in there, we just need the right conditioning/coach/team/gameplan to maximise its value.
Why hasn't Corvo made him into a beast? He has managed to fatten up a few others but Jazz remains small.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Everyone is right, he makes too many mistakes at crucial times but we need his energy, he is getting manhandled at times but his stats are too hard to ignore.
There is a good player (possibly a really good one) in there, we just need the right conditioning/coach/team/gameplan to maximise its value.
Why hasn't Corvo made him into a beast? He has managed to fatten up a few others but Jazz remains small.
He would lose what he has if he went to big to fast

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He would lose what he has if he went to big to fast
Yep, you can't train tall, he will slow down and still be just as easy to manhandle. He needs to stay agile or get more agile: Brandon Smith style.

I don't think we want to be emulating Gallen... unless we want the biggest loser of all time. Jazz needs to be less involved but more effective when he is.

Top Bottom