Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s truly incredible how badly National have handled this election. This should of been an absolute cake walk.

Now it looks like the country is going to be in a mess after this and Winston will hold the keys.

I don’t agree with many of his policies but Winston is an incredible politician
What will be interesting is how long Winston's memory is. Pretty much every time he's been in a coalition Government, his support has tanked at the next election, to the point that NZ First hasn't been in Parliament for the last three years.

I wonder if he will consider just giving a Government a confidence and supply vote agreement and not joining a "formal" coalition. Then again, Winston is really only concerned with one thing.... how Winston can gain power.

What will be interesting is how long Winston's memory is. Pretty much every time he's been in a coalition Government, his support has tanked at the next election, to the point that NZ First hasn't been in Parliament for the last three years.

I wonder if he will consider just giving a Government a confidence and supply vote agreement and not joining a "formal" coalition. Then again, Winston is really only concerned with one thing.... how Winston can gain power.
Winston loves this. Will he want foreign minister again?

Previously on Who Wants to be New Zealand's Next Prime Minister

Tomorrow will be a "really good election night" where a PM will be elected, instead of having 1 appointed. Democracy will be the winner, hooray.

Hmmm who to vote for... Chippy, I ran an airline or Winnie and the others... (what a choice) man I hate MMP was hoping STV got through the 90s referendum...
Whoever looks after the people and the less fortunate gets my vote if any of them will..... absolutely over the self centered politics these days...
Bishop Brian thanks you kindy for your vote.

You now have reserved a place in heaven

Hmmm who to vote for... Chippy, I ran an airline or Winnie and the others... (what a choice) man I hate MMP was hoping STV got through the 90s referendum...
Whoever looks after the people and the less fortunate gets my vote if any of them will..... absolutely over the self centered politics these days...
yeah, I don't think MMP was the best option out of the choices at that referendum.

It's kind of ironic, from what I see, that the parties who people think look after the people and less fortunate end up being worse for them, and vice versa.

Has Winston actually released any policy???
yes he had some policies e.g. separate prisons for different gangs.

Jack Tame interviewed him about the policies, what good they would do, and how much they would cost?

Winston could not answer, sort of saying Tame had no right to question him.

Then he spat the dummy, Trump style, and warned him to wait until he was in power and what he was going to do to Jack Tame.

50 years ago that meltdown would have been front page news, lasted for weeks, and led to Peters disappearing forever.

Mu guess is hardly anybody saw it, or heard about it, and he may hold the balance of power.

Just crazy times.

In my opinion Luxon will do whatever it takes to be PM.
That's what it's all about for him.
I hope he has the ability to turn things around but unfortunately I am sure we will be going to the polls in 3 years time trying to get rid of him or more likely Willis

Back