Sir Bluey

Sir Bluey

I think Mateo an Lousi were well within their rights to complain about the fans opinion, without trying to look like i'm condoning their actions, they were being honest. Most of it was directed at people who lets just say needs to be a bit more constructive with their criticism anyway.
Lets see How they answer that criticsm playing a finals footy team.. action speaks louder then words they say!

Up the guttz

Up the guttz

Damn its about time the Warriors admitted it. Looking back at the 2002 Season, our forwards were ruthless and I think that year was the year the Warriors had a rep of being that physical team that nobody wanted to play against IMO. The forwards gotta run hard and straight and not stop on impact like they playing held. Thats why I think highly of the Rapira brothers because imagine if they had Manu's size........

Ive always believed that League is a forwards game and the backs just finish it off. Cant score if you dont go forward, cant win if you dont score points
No doubt, the do need to get more ruthless especailly in D!

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
By STEVE MASCORD

JAMES Maloney says the critics are right – the Warriors aren’t ruthless enough.

Welcome aboard Steve Mascord. (rhyme?)
Good article.
Stating the obvious.. But they need to rectify this issue(s) or we haven't got a shit show over the coming weeks.

fanrrior

fanrrior

Lets see How they answer that criticsm playing a finals footy team.. action speaks louder then words they say!
Yep and I hope you're right.
Sure the words used by the "fan" were, perhaps, inappropriate, but the sentiment was the same as all the fans. Their performance was unacceptable from professional athletes and they deserved to have fans ragging on their performance. And they also made the choice of opening themselves up to public scrutiny by having public Twitter accounts. They enjoyed the positive side of the publicity, they should accept the negative.
I agree to a point, but I don't see why we are aloud to be"ragging on their performance" and yet why can't they do the same?

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I agree to a point, but I don't see why we are aloud to be"ragging on their performance" and yet why can't they do the same?

Because they are professionals paid to attract fans and support to the club and increase the teams chances of winning, thus increasing the clubs earning potential. They are reprosenting the club when they make these comments on social media, and as such, should behave as the club expects. That is the downside of public life, you have to face public scrutiny with a smile.

Perhaps some fans need to get a grip and remember they are people too, but most fans feel a strong connection to their chosen club and expect the same passion and commitment from the players who represent that club. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Reactions: Akkerz
surfin

surfin

One simple reason is playing league is their job, if your effort and attitude in your job isn't up to scratch expect to be told. Unfortunately for professional sports people they have alot more people that feel some sort of ownership of them and their performance, but like Nig said if your happy to accept the glory and benefits, understand alot of people will have an opinion on many things they do and are more than happy to let them know.

fanrrior

fanrrior

Because they are professionals paid to attract fans and support to the club and increase the teams chances of winning, thus increasing the clubs earning potential. They are reprosenting the club when they make these comments on social media, and as such, should behave as the club expects. That is the downside of public life, you have to face public scrutiny with a smile.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they deserved to be punished from the club (if they were) But it seems hypocritical from those of us that are not part of the management to be saying they shouldn't be aloud to scrutinize us when we do the same to them.

Perhaps some fans need to get a grip and remember they are people too, but most fans feel a strong connection to their chosen club and expect the same passion and commitment from the players who represent that club. Nothing wrong with that, is there?
Nothing wrong with passion and commitment at all :)

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Don't get me wrong, I still think they deserved to be punished from the club (if they were) But it seems hypocritical from those of us that are not part of the management to be saying they shouldn't be aloud to scrutinize us when we do the same to them.

Its not that they shouldn't be allowed to reply. It is that if they want to take the positive of the public notoriety, then they need to accept the drawbacks as well. One of those drawbacks is that if you suck, you will get told, right or wrong. If you don't want to be faced with this, perhaps a Twitter account isn't the best move.

fanrrior

fanrrior

Its not that they shouldn't be allowed to reply. It is that if they want to take the positive of the public notoriety, then they need to accept the drawbacks as well. One of those drawbacks is that if you suck, you will get told, right or wrong. If you don't want to be faced with this, perhaps a Twitter account isn't the best move.
I guess this is something we won't agree on, agree to disagree?

iago

iago

Welcome aboard Steve Mascord. (rhyme?)
Good article.
Stating the obvious.. But they need to rectify this issue(s) or we haven't got a shit show over the coming weeks.

I'd suggest the latter. Well actually that's not totally true. We've got a show, and will finish 8th or 9th...unless there's some sort of drastic turnaround tomorrow night.

Anyway the above quotes from Maloney aren't recent are they? They're from his radiosport appearance mid-week prior to Titans? They didn't play for the 80 on Saturday either, but on the plus side they at least finished strongly.

Sir Bluey

Sir Bluey

Yep the fans pay to see professional rugby league players play ... and they have a right to get best value for money
thats the way it rolls!

surfin

surfin

Just wondering if after the Warriors have a win that Maloney's kicking helps get you say he won the game on his own, like your saying he lost it on his own?

Jordan G

This Maloney is playing badly because he signed with the Roosters is pure nonsense based on fan perception only. The things he was doing well last year he's still doing well this year and vice versa. The only thing that's changed is that fans are less forgiving and less willing to overlook his downfalls because he won't be with us next year.

Reactions: fanrrior

Gideon

Gideon you sound like a juiced up moron, the type of fan who gives sport a bad name and one that league can't afford to have. Do the code a favour and play on the road.
Hi Blake
Thank you for your reply

Well....what do I say, you are right mate I am a juiced up moron.
But I disagree with you when you said I'm the type of fan that gives this sport a bad name lol

Look, that was my opinion I just want you to see where I'm coming from. If you see from my previous posts I think I have some valid Points. My objective was not to bag anyone out and I know I said some harsh things about maloney but being a 100% nz warriors fan can you blame me.

If you really had a look of how they were playing this year maloney was not the stand out player that we think he should of been.
In my point of view A lot of pressure was put on Shaun Johnson to take charge!
For me, Maloney last night confirmed that he was not up to the task and if I was in his shoes I would probably be the same knowing that I am financially covered for the next 2 years....so in saying that wouldn't it be beneficial to put Godinet in so we could have or even test the combination half.

But That is my OPINION!

p.s. I will always play on the road!! thats how the great players start I hope I see you on the road one day Cos I will run circles around You!!!

facefacts

Passing the ball instead of kicking it on that last play would have made no difference at all, as Vatuvei was off-side by a country mile.

I think next season there will be more than one player ahead of Godinet for the 5/8 jersey....Godinet is halfback cover at best.

Anyway, it was typical Maloney, one good game followed by a shit game.

Gideon

Just wondering if after the Warriors have a win that Maloney's kicking helps get you say he won the game on his own, like your saying he lost it on his own?

Hi Surfin
Thank you for your reply

Well...you can stop wondering because I would have said the same thing win or lose.

And plus his kicking game wasn't good as it was last season, Look I love my team but I can Tell when a player is not doing his job properly for what he is getting paid for.
All I can say is... piss of to the roosters and get your money!!!

Gideon

Passing the ball instead of kicking it on that last play would have made no difference at all, as Vatuvei was off-side by a country mile.

I think next season there will be more than one player ahead of Godinet for the 5/8 jersey....Godinet is halfback cover at best.

Anyway, it was typical Maloney, one good game followed by a shit game.
Hi Face facts
Thank you for your reply

Thats what I said Godinet for half back and Johnson for standoff!!!

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Random, incoherant rant. What have you been smoking, cos I think its gone bad?

Firstly, Jimmy didn't miss a single "field goal", only conversions. I don't know how good your TV is, but it was raining fairly hard. I'm guessing a guy who kicks consistantly in the high 70%s may have been put off a little by a slippery track. Jimmy had no intention of Tupou running onto his kick. He was on the other side of the field. He kicked for Omar. He made a call, granted it was the wrong one, but at least he made one. I don't believe putting it through the hands would have guaranteed a try.

His game hasn't changed much at all since last year. The whole team dynamic and game plan have changed but in general he is still playing his natural game. I watched the Grand Final Breakfast and in no way did Jimmy say "I will never play for the Warriors". He said he thought the Warriors was the last team he would play for. What is your issue with this? He is an Australian, who wanted to stay in his own country. He came from Sydney and probably figured the odds were pretty good he would get to play for a sydney team and had no intention of moving over the ditch to build his career. He ended up making exactly that dicision, but has decided to return home for his families sake. His partner is unhappy with the amount of time he is away from her when he travels back to Aus, and he misses his 2 young kids.

I think your rant shows more about you than Maloney. You have turned on him because you see him as a traitor. To the point where you want Bluey to damage the team by dumping him to NSW Cup. I like Pita Godinet, but Jimmy is better. I would not want the coach to write off this year just to scrap a "traitor". Perhaps if our season were already over, like the Eels, I would maybe look at making some risky changes to prepare for next year, but there is no way I would make that dicision t othe detriment of the teams chances this year. That is ridiculous, and spiteful.

But apart from these few points I have highlighted, I agree with NONE of what you have said in this post. Sheer sour grapes at a guy who made the right dicision for his future.

Hi Surfin
Thank you for your reply

Well...you can stop wondering because I would have said the same thing win or lose.

And plus his kicking game wasn't good as it was last season, Look I love my team but I can Tell when a player is not doing his job properly for what he is getting paid for.
All I can say is... piss of to the roosters and get your money!!!

Thus proving it has nothing to do with his performance and everything to do with your opinion that he is a turncoat.

Reactions: Gee
fanrrior

fanrrior

They did put in a full 80 minute performance for the first time this season for what it counts. I hope this means better results in future games.