Kiwi Icon_old

Wallace is out with an injury so Maloneys door may still be open for at least a city country spot.

Beeteejay_old

Apparently Maloney was pencilled in for the Country #6, until those missed tackles last week. Now it's up in the air. They were gonna leave Soward out, because Ricky Stuart already knows what he can do.

They say Mateo is a certainty for a City jumper, and a possible replacement for T-Rex in the NSW side.

ShaunJohnson7_old

If I was Stuart and Carney stays sober I'd take him over Maloney anyday

Same, at their best Carney is better than any other NSW half be it 6 or 7. He should be the first guy chosen and then figure out who plays next to him. He is outstanding.

dingleberry_old

RLW had a comparison between Maloney, Carney, Campese, Soward the other week... must have been an older one, before Maloney's form fell off.
But looking at those stats I reckon Maloney was a definite bolter. He had most tries, more tackle busts, more line breaks and I think more assists then all the others. His kicking metres and stuff were the lowest, but I'd say that's kinda out of character because last year he was only behind soward I think for kick metres.
It's a shame the team as suffered, because watching him control the speed of the game against the eels was great. If he had a chance to showcase that every week, and kept up his form I think he's be a shoe in for origin... exactly the sort of player you'd want... controls the speed of the match and has the x-factor to break the line

Kiwi Icon_old

Gidley is out for the season so would they consider James as a utility role for origin?

While his line defense is pretty poor this year, his cover defense is still good...last year it was amazing.

Those stats also need to be looked at in context...Maloneys 172 tackles and 59 misses, is still better than a bloke who is asked to make 50 and misses 25.

Would be good if your figures were accurate, Maloney has been successful with 68% of the tackles he's attempted this year, Manu (who I guess you're getting at) is only just behind him with 67%.

Would be good if your figures were accurate, Maloney has been successful with 68% of the tackles he's attempted this year, Manu (who I guess you're getting at) is only just behind him with 67%.

Funny, i dont see Manu's name in that post, this is the Maloney thread...get your blinkers off.

You made a comparison between Jimmy and who then
Who were you making the comparison with then?

A bloke, joe bloggs...whoever, my point was those stats are subjective...jeez you Vatuvei fanboys are defending him when he's not even metioned, take a breath,
everything isn't about him.

If i can find Maloney's 172 tackles and 59 missed at nrl.stats, i'm sure i could find Manu's 63 tackles and 28 missed, if thats what i was intending.

Steve Mascord

Source - https://stevemascord.com/2012/07/12/maloney/

By STEVE MASCORD

JAMES Maloney says the critics are right – the Warriors aren’t ruthless enough.

Last Sunday the Aucklanders opened up 16-0 lead by the 13th minute against North Queensland and then allowed it to be gobbled up, clinging grimly to a 22-18 advantage for 16 nerve-racking minutes of the second half.

Five-eighth Maloney says it’s no use complaining about people who accuse the Warriors of being flaky and flighty “Probably, with the performances we’re putting on the paddock at the moment, you couldn’t argue with them,” he said.

“We’re not putting the 80 together at the moment. At times we’re getting away with it but it’s costing us at other times.“It’s something we’re constantly working on. We’ve got to make sure it clicks sometime soon.”
Maloney is linking with Sydney Roosters next year but says the Warriors can still make an impact in 2012 if they cure their ills. “We’ve got to start putting wins together,” he said.

“It’s a vital part of the season. We need to be a little bit more ruthless in the way we execute our gameplan because when we do it right, we put points on sides and we look a million bucks but it’s a matter of doing it for the 80. “It’s something, I suppose, you can say all you like but it’s a lot harder to do in practice.”
A loss last Sunday would have been shattering to the confidence of Brian McClennan’s men. Maloney explained: “We knew we were on top but in the end we just had to make sure – in the end it’s cost us, letting sides off the hook too much this year. “It wasn’t good, I suppose, but to the boys’ credit we got back in the grind. “It wouldn’t have been good, it would have been another week of the one that got away. It was far from perfect but at least we’re on the right track.”

Damn its about time the Warriors admitted it. Looking back at the 2002 Season, our forwards were ruthless and I think that year was the year the Warriors had a rep of being that physical team that nobody wanted to play against IMO. The forwards gotta run hard and straight and not stop on impact like they playing held. Thats why I think highly of the Rapira brothers because imagine if they had Manu's size........

Ive always believed that League is a forwards game and the backs just finish it off. Cant score if you dont go forward, cant win if you dont score points

Reactions: Moz
Nothing shocking. We can all see it, surely so can the club. If they couldn't, it would highlight one of their issues.

Its good to hear players pointing out their short-comings. I dislike when players get uppity and complain about the fans opinions, like Mateo and Lousi, etc when they played like they were "special needs".

Nothing shocking. We can all see it, surely so can the club. If they couldn't, it would highlight one of their issues.

Its good to hear players pointing out their short-comings. I dislike when players get uppity and complain about the fans opinions, like Mateo and Lousi, etc when they played like they were "special needs".
I think Mateo an Lousi were well within their rights to complain about the fans opinion, without trying to look like i'm condoning their actions, they were being honest. Most of it was directed at people who lets just say needs to be a bit more constructive with their criticism anyway.

I think Mateo an Lousi were well within their rights to complain about the fans opinion, without trying to look like i'm condoning their actions, they were being honest. Most of it was directed at people who lets just say needs to be a bit more constructive with their criticism anyway.
Sure the words used by the "fan" were, perhaps, inappropriate, but the sentiment was the same as all the fans. Their performance was unacceptable from professional athletes and they deserved to have fans ragging on their performance. And they also made the choice of opening themselves up to public scrutiny by having public Twitter accounts. They enjoyed the positive side of the publicity, they should accept the negative.