Fazz_old

I cant see how it can go to any one other than Carney. Playing for the sharks he'll get Paul Gallens vote which will pretty much guarantee it. And hes got that experience playing with Pierce. Makes sense to me.

Yep. If he can hold his shit together and maintain form, he'll get the first crack. If NSW lose the first two games, I think we'll see Maloney get the call in the third though. Campese and Soward have already had their chances, niether have been very good at Origin level either.

I reckon if the Roosters get off to a fast start in 2013 we'll see Maloney/Pearce in 2013 though.

nzwarrior2012_old

maloney's defence isn't up to origin standard. he misses too many tackles for my liking.

wallacenz_old

soward will get the job if he can continue to play like he did against manly.

halfback is the questionable position for nsw.

motu1_old

I'd have him in there and I'd also have Mateo off the bench.

id rather neither of them make it so there free for the warriors
were more important then the wank fest that is origin
it's not as tough as people make it out to be it's a farce
the only good thing about is that it's on a wednsday

wallacenz_old

not on current form. he doesnt seem to be a pressure player to me.

i wouldnt be surprised to see maloney and soward or carney and soward this year. imo pearce gets big raps because his dads on the panel more than because of what he produces on the field a lot of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

surfin_old

On NRL last night they had a boom or bust segment and Pierce didn't fair too well and Matty also asked Anasta whats the go with him the last couple of seasons, said he seems to be too scared to make a play incase he gets a rark up if it fails. If he's the best they have they might be in trouble.

NZR_old

Mullen would be in the mix for 7 imo

maloney and mullen would be a good combination both are strong at taking on the line and can create opportunities

surfin_old

Mullen would be in the mix for 7 imo

maloney and mullen would be a good combination both are strong at taking on the line and can create opportunities

They both suit the SOO type of game, and Mullen with a bit more time with Bennet is only going to get better.

omg_old

Pierce will be half unless injured, One of the things Ricky has put an emphasis on is building a Team culture. He has made very clear suggestions on where Pierce fits into this culture even before he took over the Coaching role and all the selectors love Pierce. Pierce hasn't been playing badly, but his team is, IMO Smith's silly tactics don't help them.
Mullen is now a 5/8 with Newcastle as Bennett believes that is his best position so you would have to put him right in the mix for that position now, especially considering it was his recommendation that Ricky sought when giving Soward the nod. Campese looked very good Monday night and Gallen is talking up Carney big time. TBH I don't think Maloney has much chance of playing Origin but it will be interesting to see who and how these guys get played in the city country game. IMO Josh Reynolds has been one of the better 5/8s around this year and his overall aggression is very suited to Origin.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Pierce will be half unless injured, One of the things Ricky has put an emphasis on is building a Team culture. He has made very clear suggestions on where Pierce fits into this culture even before he took over the Coaching role and all the selectors love Pierce. Pierce hasn't been playing badly, but his team is, IMO Smith's silly tactics don't help them.
Mullen is now a 5/8 with Newcastle as Bennett believes that is his best position so you would have to put him right in the mix for that position now, especially considering it was his recommendation that Ricky sought when giving Soward the nod. Campese looked very good Monday night and Gallen is talking up Carney big time. TBH I don't think Maloney has much chance of playing Origin but it will be interesting to see who and how these guys get played in the city country game. IMO Josh Reynolds has been one of the better 5/8s around this year and his overall aggression is very suited to Origin.

you made some good points but i don't rate reynolds. he played liked a man possessed last weekend against knights when t-hodge got injured but i think he'll get exposed this weekend. i takes more than aggression and a chuck liddell haircut to be in the mix for origin, he also misses like 10 tackles/per game

bin fishin_old

you made some good points but i don't rate reynolds. he played liked a man possessed last weekend against knights when t-hodge got injured but i think he'll get exposed this weekend. i takes more than aggression and a chuck liddell haircut to be in the mix for origin, he also misses like 10 tackles/per game

Sandow should be half back!

omg_old

Defensive stats
reynolds 109 tackles 21 misses
maloney 66 tackles 26 misses
Carney 62 tackles 9 misses
Campese 73 tackles 8 misses
Soward 51 tackles 4 misses
Mullen 43 tackles 4 misses

Surprised at some of the results really especially Soward and Mullen and they are probably the 2 best kickers and Carney and Campese the best 2 playmakers depending on who your listening to. Looking at these stats Maloney has no chance

wallacenz_old

Defensive stats

Surprised at some of the results really especially Soward and Mullen and they are probably the 2 best kickers and Carney and Campese the best 2 playmakers depending on who your listening to. Looking at these stats Maloney has no chance
wow maloneys missed tackle stats are terrible compared to everyone else

dingleberry_old

I think the maloney missed tackles thing is always overdone.
first of all, when compared to soward, (last season) his ratio of missed tackles is about the same, if not slightly better. the only difference is maloney makes nearly twice as many tackles as soward. so naturally he's going to miss around twice as many.
that said, the warriors missed quite a lot of tackles last season and it was more to do with how the defence ran up... I would love to see missed tackles to line breaks, I think the warriors would actually fare quite well.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Defensive stats

well, reynolds missed a crucial 1 on 1 tackle that lead to a try last weekend and also i saw some guy on this forum saying he misses a lot of tackles or gives away a lot penalties so that's why i thought he misses 10tackles/per game

oh and plus i don't like him

Etern0L_Warrior_old

i recall posting maloney's wikipedia biography on this forum a few years back before he made his warriors debut and it literally had 3-4 sentences on it.

1 of those sentences was "when maloney is not playing footy, he is a licensed carpenter by trade", i saw this and thought omg what a dud.........nek minit james maloney ftw