Jesbass_old

I too thought Brett would not be suited to halfback, more of a five eighth. But his performances at halfback have been outstanding. His kicking was good, he always seems to keep the forwards nice and direct, and always seemed to have a purpose in how he was going to close out a set of six. To sum that up, he was accurate and decisive.

As far as James Maloney goes, he is not only a very good player, but a bloke on a mission. He lost his father last year to cancer and has had other family tragedies in the last twelve months. His father was a good league player too, didn't make it to the big-time, but a good player none-the-less. The word in the family is he'd be doing his father very proud. Knowing the stock James comes from, I had absolutely no doubt whatsoever that, with some time to gain first grade experience, that he would be a very good player for us. I can't say enough about his strength of character.

The thing I like about the core group of John, Maloney and Seymour, is that they all seem to compliment each other. I never feel when they're playing together that someone is playing the maverick role, out on their own. It feels quite natural that whomever is in 6 is controlling the backs and whomever is playing halfback is directing play through the forwards.

Hey Feka, I know you're pretty close to the family. What sort of other tragedies has the bloke ridden through this past year? (Of course, if they're too personal, then that's fine...just curious.)

Fazz_old

Maloney is great. I happily cop the high Error and penalty counts because it means he's getting involved and playing with passion, sure it'd be good if they were lower but it's not like he's single-handedly lost us a game off errors. I'd say he's come closer to winning us a few games based off good things he's done. Looking forward to him and seymour stringing a few games together...Tonight really depends on 3 things.

1. How tired the boys backing up from last week are.
2. How fired up the Storm are.
3. How well we (mainly the halves) capitalize on the opportunities we get.

Tyrael_old

Question: Maloney has been playing halfback for us these last few weeks? (I could be wrong). If so, why is he being shifted into 5/8 if Seymour is a better player at 5/8?

Warrior Diva_old

I don't know how long we have signed him for but there are loud whispers around my part of town that the Eels and Wakefield are chasing him with big offers!

Do you think he would leave us after we showed faith in him or do you thing he will chase the big bucks?

Fazz_old

****ing eels. Hopefully Maloney repays the faith shown to bring him here and stays for many moons to come.

Spence_old

You confuse me, NU. I remember you having a very heated debate about League players not getting paid enough, however every time someone tries to get paid more you call them unloyal. Can you clear this up for me?

Northern_Union

You confuse me, NU. I remember you having a very heated debate about League players not getting paid enough, however every time someone tries to get paid more you call them unloyal. Can you clear this up for me?

Just like a tube of clearasil for your acne....i'll clear this up.

clearasil_uacs.jpg

I haven't said, nore have i suggested that Maloney is or would be disloyal. And i'm happy for him to get paid more as long as it's in league. I wasn't being serious comparing Maloney to money bill.

Northern_Union

I'd rather players remain loyal to our club but in some cases they don't have a choice. I still think Wade rocks.

Fazz_old

Heard the Eels are sniffing around him, he's a parra junior, rekon we should be worried about losing him at the end of 2011?

He'd be a big loss for mine if he goes, Buster seems to be made of glass and we don't really have many options other then an inexperienced shaun Johnson (though playing in a grand final opener will warm him up for first grade I'd say)

So basically, anyone got some insider knowledge of whether he's keen to stay here or not? (We did give him a chance to make it in the NRL afterall)