James Gavet

Reaction score

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Regardless of off-field issues, he was very poor for us last year. I'm not shedding too many tears over it. For the lack of impact he was having and the amount of cap (apparently) going to him, we're better off blooding some NSW Cup players tbh.
Agree bro he totally let his standard on the field slip to where I didn't think he deserved a 1st grade spot.

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Regardless of off-field issues, he was very poor for us last year. I'm not shedding too many tears over it. For the lack of impact he was having and the amount of cap (apparently) going to him, we're better off blooding some NSW Cup players tbh.
He was down on the year before, I didn't think he was as bad as some made out. He took a while to get back into his work following injury. I am worreid about our forward depth, would you really prefer Sam Lisone running around as opposed to James Gavet?

Reaction score

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He was down on the year before, I didn't think he was as bad as some made out. He took a while to get back into his work following injury. I am worreid about our forward depth, would you really prefer Sam Lisone running around as opposed to James Gavet?
Neither and although I'm not a big Satae fan but at least he may have improvement in him, the other 2 are done

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Burr is seen as a guy capable of filling in at prop, we then have Sao before we get to Lisone. That combined with Gavet's reported contract value probably made him expendable more than anything else.

Reaction score

Mr Frank White

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
George has said that discipline had nothing to do with letting Gavet go. Unless George is bending the truth then I am very disappointed with the club. I was happy for Gavet to be on his way if it was due to off field tardiness. But if he was putting in then we should should have been doing everything possible to keep him. I know we signed LAM but in my opinion we wanted him in addition to our existing rotation.

Gavet was told he would be in reserve grade this year. I would have liked to see him call their bluff. Gotta wonder when that kind of message gets given to Bam Bam
If you are trying to offload a player you think is deadwood at a certain value, of course youre not going to talk him down .

If head office thinks moving him to the Knights will strengthen our squad while also weakening theirs, they would say anything.

Look at the Roosters with Napa, they were desperate to offload him, they consider him to be an absolute liability, and comes out not that they told him he would never play 1st grade again for them.
You think they told the Dogs any of that? Of course not .

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Back to the past.
Reaction score
If head office thinks moving him to the Knights will strengthen our squad while also weakening theirs, they would say anything.
Not sure how we are strengthening our club if we lose our starting prop and don't replace him with anyone since he departed. It just moves lisone one spot closer to first grade. Knights don't seem to think it's weakening their side if they are expecting him to be a starter.

If you are trying to offload a player you think is deadwood at a certain value, of course youre not going to talk him down .
Deadwood 12 months after the Warriors offered him that deal? Have more of a read into what has been stated about the club needing to offload players due to salary cap pressures. If it wasn't him, it would be others on contract values higher than what the club would think they could get out of them. Also you also have to factor in that there was a club willing to take such players at that inflated value....

All we got out of the deal and SJ is additional cap space. I can guarantee you that had SJ left before, Gavet would not have been released. All we are left with is a lot of salary cap room that is unused. All player agents know that too...unless we go gangbusters in results next year, we would be paying above and beyond what players usually ask at other clubs to come here. If you know there is a cashed up buyer in your shop, you try to extract as much out of them. Expect to see same thing with players coming up for contract renewals.

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Those comments were once he was gone so nothing to do with softening the knghts up

Top Bottom