James Gavet

1. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

Agree bro he totally let his standard on the field slip to where I didn't think he deserved a 1st grade spot.

2. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

He was down on the year before, I didn't think he was as bad as some made out. He took a while to get back into his work following injury. I am worreid about our forward depth, would you really prefer Sam Lisone running around as opposed to James Gavet?

3. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

Neither and although I'm not a big Satae fan but at least he may have improvement in him, the other 2 are done

4. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Burr is seen as a guy capable of filling in at prop, we then have Sao before we get to Lisone. That combined with Gavet's reported contract value probably made him expendable more than anything else.

5. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

If you are trying to offload a player you think is deadwood at a certain value, of course youre not going to talk him down .

If head office thinks moving him to the Knights will strengthen our squad while also weakening theirs, they would say anything.

Look at the Roosters with Napa, they were desperate to offload him, they consider him to be an absolute liability, and comes out not that they told him he would never play 1st grade again for them.
    You think they told the Dogs any of that? Of course not .

6. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

Not sure how we are strengthening our club if we lose our starting prop and don't replace him with anyone since he departed. It just moves Lisone one spot closer to first grade. Knights don't seem to think it's weakening their side if they are expecting him to be a starter.

Deadwood 12 months after the Warriors offered him that deal? Have more of a read into what has been stated about the club needing to offload players due to salary cap pressures. If it wasn't him, it would be others on contract values higher than what the club would think they could get out of them. Also you also have to factor in that there was a club willing to take such players at that inflated value....

All we got out of the deal and SJ is additional cap space. I can guarantee you that had SJ left before, Gavet would not have been released. All we are left with is a lot of salary cap room that is unused. All player agents know that too...unless we go gangbusters in results next year, we would be paying above and beyond what players usually ask at other clubs to come here. If you know there is a cashed up buyer in your shop, you try to extract as much out of them. Expect to see same thing with players coming up for contract renewals.

7. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

Those comments were once he was gone so nothing to do with softening the knghts up