James Gavet

Reaction score

Lets Gone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Based off of his 2018 form, losing Gavet especially for 450k a year isn't that big of a deal imo. Satae, Lisone and Vuna (and maybe Sao?) can fill out the rotation just fine next year. Hopefully we get the SJ situation sorted quick and go all out on a big prop in 2020
We need Satae to develop. Lisone has had his chances. Sao was solid at the start of the season but fell out with Kearney for an unknown reason.

Losing Gavet not too much of a hit, Ah Mau is a massive upgrade.

I agree, we need to use this Gavet money wisely. Maybe Kearney can use his Broncos ties and get a forward from there. They are stacked.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Still Lazarus for me as well. The brick with eyes was the most important part of starting that Bronco's dynasty.
he started with Melbourne
Maybe Kearney can use his Broncos ties and get a forward from there.
Maybe they are not that well off in the salary cap and need to get rid of rubbish so they can buy seriously later.

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
he started with Melbourne
Hayzeuss Bruce. Melbourne came into the comp 3 years after us! Surely u remember the 89 Grand Final?

Anyways when i was converted to this game as a pup early Bronco's was my team. They always had that million dollar backline and while their pack contained perfectly servicable players like Gillmeister, Mark Hohn, Terry Matterson, Kerrod Walters and co, it wasnt until Lazarus came on board and could give Alfie and co that consistent platform that Bronco's went next level.

For mine Lazarus could play any era and still be a great player (he had an engine to go with that size)

Reminds me of our forwards atm tbh, useful but still crying out for an alpha male pack leader...(and im not sure Ah Mau fits that bill)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hayzeuss Bruce. Melbourne came into the comp 3 years after us! Surely u remember the 89 Grand Final?

Anyways when i was converted to this game as a pup early Bronco's was my team. They always had that million dollar backline and while their pack contained perfectly servicable players like Gillmeister, Mark Hohn, Terry Matterson, Kerrod Walters and co, it wasnt until Lazarus came on board and could give Alfie and co that consistent platform that Bronco's went next level.

For mine Lazarus could play any era and still be a great player (he had an engine to go with that size)

Reminds me of our forwards atm tbh, useful but still crying out for an alpha male pack leader...(and im not sure Ah Mau fits that bill)
Agree with you on that,
Need more like a James Graham or Gallen someone that pushes beyond and stands their ground.

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He was our best Prop in 2016, $450k doesnt seem too much for your #1 Prop. After 2017 where others came through and he was not up to 2016 standard it might seem overs but I think at the time he re-signed was probably not that bad.
Think you're a year out .in 2016 he only played 10 games. 2017 was his breakout season, but it was in May 2017 he got an upgrade. At that point he was just beginning to establish himself .He had been through 3 other clubs and had off field Issues. I would be very surprised if a 27 year old with about 30 first grade caps and those circumstances would be commanding 450k.

Reaction score
hoolioh

hoolioh

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Think satae has a higher ceiling an the club knows this. Satae just looks more of a beast an needs more time in the first grade squad. Gavet had his good moments tho. Looked awsome when we had lillyman an lack luster muttz

Reaction score

Mr Frank White

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Gavet at 300K last year and this year is probably worth it. Gavet next year at 450K is not. Newy would probably pay that it would be a good deal. You have to take the team into account.

Tigers had a such a weak pack that Packer and Mutts were relied on..

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Think Satae has a higher ceiling an the club knows this.
Satae was the standout prop in reserve grade by a long way. One can only assume that with more time in FG he will continue to improve.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Go back and watch that 89 grand final - coming of age for Lazarus, Daley, Clyde, Walters and Matthew Wood.
Yeah, my bad, I forgot he went to Melbourne after Brisbane, he started with Canberra.

Reaction score
AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Lol I like Blair, but he’s not fit to dust the shit off Graham’s boots.
Blair's more methodical , it's all about the 1%s and relentless D.
Graham stands out more because he just carts it up the middle like a draft horse. And chases breaks .
But his D isn't as good he's not as quick can't ball play and couldn't play on an edge.

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I was sure I read it on this web site - but must be in another thread for some reason - either way this article bothers me

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspapers/central-north-island/sport/sport-region-6459/108485103/Warriors-not-looking-to-replace-James-Gavet-for-2019-season

Warriors won't be replacing Gavet with another prop. I mean what happens if Ah Mau or Bunty get suspended for a week. We need a replacement for Gavet just for depth.
They say they are banking on Satae stepping up instead.

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I was sure I read it on this web site - but must be in another thread for some reason - either way this article bothers me

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspapers/central-north-island/sport/sport-region-6459/108485103/Warriors-not-looking-to-replace-James-Gavet-for-2019-season

Warriors won't be replacing Gavet with another prop. I mean what happens if Ah Mau or Bunty get suspended for a week. We need a replacement for Gavet just for depth.
If you think of LAM replacing Gavet it won’t seem as scary.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score

Lets not forget Satae is the last cab off the rank. There is still Leeson Ah Mau, Agnatius Paasi, Bunty Afoa, Leivaha Pulu and Sam Lisone ahead of him. Thats all while leaving Adam Blair, Tohu Harris, Isaiah Papali'i and Ligi Sao as second rowers or locks. You also have Jackson Frei and I wouldn't be surprised to see Preston Riki or Tom Ale pushing for a spot soon.

If we get a freak run of injuries we are fucked but then what club wouldn't be...

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Pulu is more a lock/second rower I would have thought? But might be moved to prop to fit him in the team. I guess there are some swingman players there, like Blair and Sao who can play prop if really required. It just feels 1 prop light. Ah well, I guess that's where the club have been wanting to head with the signings of the last few seasons, they're all locks/props with Harris as the true second rower. Papa will get there too, just needs to show a few more skills.

LAM or Paasi get's injured, where's our go forward coming from? I think the defense will be OK at least.

Top Bottom