warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

Jacob Lillyman

Jacob lillyman photosport 1

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys announced today that Jacob Lillyman had agreed to stay with the Toyota Cowboys until the end of 2008.

Lillyman, 22 a product of the North Queensland Western Town of Richmond made his first grade debut for the Cowboys in 2003 and has played 21 first grade games. His consistent performances were rewarded this year when he was selected to play for Queensland in the second game of this years State of Origin Series.

CEO of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys Peter Parr says, "We are very happy that Jacob has decided to continue his career with the Toyota Cowboys. Having recently played State of Origin and being a local junior we viewed Jacob as a priority signing."

News sent by: www.cowboys.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:

warriors4life_old

That's good news for the Cowboys, Lillyman has broken into Origin for Queensland this year, so they wouldn't have wanted to let him go.

blain91_old

ORIGIN forward Jacob Lillyman has signed a two-year deal with the Warriors from next year in a move that will end his six-year stint as a Cowboy.
The North Queensland back-rower last night declared a desire to escape his "comfort zone" as the motive behind his move across the Tasman at season's end, in a deal expected to be officially announced as early as today.

Lillyman also revealed watching the likes of former Cowboy Micheal Luck and Morons stalwart Steve Price take their game to a new level in Auckland convinced him New Zealand was the right fit.

"I'm very excited. The Warriors are a really good club and it's a team with a lot of potential," Lillyman said.

"I look at the players who have gone over there and how much they've improved. It's a credit to their organisation."

Lillyman's signature is a coup for the New Zealanders, who will farewell veteran forward trio Ruben Wiki, Logan Swann and Wairangi Koopu at the end of the season.

His defection comes after he was told by the Cowboys to look elsewhere.

The Richmond junior was not highly regarded by incoming coach Neil Henry, who has mentored the 24-year-old back-rower in Origin camps from 2006 to the present.

"I needed a change. I've only ever lived in North Queensland," Lillyman said.

"The move will really help me. I've been here a few years and given it a crack.

"But at times I've been in my comfort zone and that has shown in my footy.

"I haven't taken my game to the level I want."

Lillyman has played four Origins for Queensland, including Game One this year, and will link with fellow Morons Price and Brent Tate in Auckland.

He is the Warriors' second successful capture from a Queensland club, following the signing of Broncos flyer Denan Kemp.

The Warriors have also confirmed backs Michael Crockett and Ryan Shortland will be released in October.

TheBigHitter_old

good signing to replace Swann & Koopu.

09 Second Row

11.Mannering
12.Lillyman
13.Luck

and Fai and Matulino off the bench for some impact

attila_the_gorilla

Wowww, all I can say is wow. This is a great signing, a mature, independent back rower. I`m liking our prospects for next season.

attila_the_gorilla

I would have preferred a prop, but I guess they wanted to replace Swann and Koopu with someone.

Jesbass_old

ORIGIN forward Jacob Lillyman has signed a two-year deal with the Warriors from next year in a move that will end his six-year stint as a Cowboy.
The North Queensland back-rower last night declared a desire to escape his "comfort zone" as the motive behind his move across the Tasman at season's end, in a deal expected to be officially announced as early as today.

Lillyman also revealed watching the likes of former Cowboy Micheal Luck and Morons stalwart Steve Price take their game to a new level in Auckland convinced him New Zealand was the right fit.

"I'm very excited. The Warriors are a really good club and it's a team with a lot of potential," Lillyman said.

"I look at the players who have gone over there and how much they've improved. It's a credit to their organisation."

Lillyman's signature is a coup for the New Zealanders, who will farewell veteran forward trio Ruben Wiki, Logan Swann and Wairangi Koopu at the end of the season.

His defection comes after he was told by the Cowboys to look elsewhere.

The Richmond junior was not highly regarded by incoming coach Neil Henry, who has mentored the 24-year-old back-rower in Origin camps from 2006 to the present.

"I needed a change. I've only ever lived in North Queensland," Lillyman said.

"The move will really help me. I've been here a few years and given it a crack.

"But at times I've been in my comfort zone and that has shown in my footy.

"I haven't taken my game to the level I want."

Lillyman has played four Origins for Queensland, including Game One this year, and will link with fellow Morons Price and Brent Tate in Auckland.

He is the Warriors' second successful capture from a Queensland club, following the signing of Broncos flyer Denan Kemp.

The Warriors have also confirmed backs Michael Crockett and Ryan Shortland will be released in October.

Source, mate? Just so I can stop pinching myself? :lol1:

J_Hallow_old

ill reserve judgement until he actually steps out on the field and plays with us to us see what i think.

I hope like he said taking him out of his comfort zone maybe make him take it up a few notches

Jesbass_old

I think it will, hallow, and I think he'll need to. He'll come with a hefty price tag, being an Origin player - I just hope he lives up to it.

J_Hallow_old

I think it will, hallow, and I think he'll need to. He'll come with a hefty price tag, being an Origin player - I just hope he lives up to it.

thats one of the things that worries me. Price tag and not getting our moneys worth. I feel as though how much he likes living in Auckland will reflect on his football. He has lived in Nth Qld all his life. although i remember reading Luck loved the city life comapred to Nth Qld

one-eyed-warrior_old

Saying we rip it up next year or two, we may start facing greater origin drains.

Warrioraholic_old

That makes me laugh, hes good enough for four origins but not good enough for our 2008 wooden spoon winning club lol

I hate losing players but thats 5 we wont have next year, Swann, Wiki, Koopu, Crocket and Shortland. We must have a bit of cash left over for a quality 7? or have we found our 7 in fein? Will let you know on monday.......I hope Shortland gets another game, thats a long time at the club with no footy. He didnt do much but they are all warriors and deserve to be sent of with our blessings.

attila_the_gorilla

Do you guys like the Origin structure? I`d prefer to have one single game, as a standalone Sunday game with no NRL round. The location would always be chosen by the previous year`s winner.

3 games mid-week puts too much strain on the best players of the competition.

J_Hallow_old

Do you guys like the Origin structure? I`d prefer to have one single game, as a standalone Sunday game with no NRL round. The location would always be chosen by the previous year`s winner.

3 games mid-week puts too much strain on the best players of the competition.

i like having more than one football game on a weekend.

i reckon they should just bring back split rounds, just extend the season, not by more round but by the length of time to accomodate the split rounds

LordGnome_old

Origin, plus mid-season tests, should be the onky game on that weekend (its not fair on the supporters of clubs like Melbourne, for instance.)

a.c.e_old

The signings ok and good on the guy for getting out of his comfort zone. Would this hinder our own crop from maturing (Fai and co.) or will they flourish under such caliber? He will come with a price tag, and if we have such money, shouldn't we go hunting a 7 or 6?? Nice signing but the helves positions (among others) are running on fumes.

Good to know we got another QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!! Rip NSW a new one!!!

raypower_old

That's an interesting signing. He's still young enough to develop but has the big game experience to help the youngsters. Completely out of left field as well.

Well done Warriors and welcome Lillyman. I wonder with Wiki's departure if he can become "Jacob the Muss"