wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I knew I shouldn't have watched this, I'm welling up now. He plays like the jersey means something to him no matter who he plays for, mad respect.
Don’t think it mattered what jersey he wore; he played like the enemy, just by being on his field had offended him! cRaZy!

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
In all my years of watching league including the 80s I have never seen anyone as headless as mad jack
He’s a penalty magnet, and a liability. He has to be one of the most suspended players in the comp, and hasn’t played 50 games.

I understand the attraction, and I respect what he brought to our team. But even in his short stay, he got suspended. The guy would spend half the year on the sidelines, meaning he’s essentially double the price he’s asking, eg 300k —> 600k because he’s only playing half the amount of games. When you break it down to match payments (which I know isn’t the case, but just for this discussion).

he’s a great young player coming through, and he installs fear into the opposition. But we’ve created a fearful pack now with our acquisitions. I think our pack is more than adequate for next year.

wrighty

He’s a penalty magnet, and a liability. He has to be one of the most suspended players in the comp, and hasn’t played 50 games.

I understand the attraction, and I respect what he brought to our team. But even in his short stay, he got suspended. The guy would spend half the year on the sidelines, meaning he’s essentially double the price he’s asking, eg 300k —> 600k because he’s only playing half the amount of games. When you break it down to match payments (which I know isn’t the case, but just for this discussion).

he’s a great young player coming through, and he installs fear into the opposition. But we’ve created a fearful pack now with our acquisitions. I think our pack is more than adequate for next year.

but it isn’t all about winning
As to be a warriors fan you have to be happy with your team finishing 6th or 12th or wherever.
Win lose or draw he made us happy and he increased ratings and in a non Covid season would put a serious amount of bums on seats at mount smart.
He was entertainment plus
His stoush with Jarred was legendary
And despite JWH being the league enforcer you could see thoughts crossing his mind like
“Fuck this cu** mad jack is headless I want out of this confrontation”

there is no doubt mad jack frightened jarred

he is one scary fuck

no dude in the league wants to scrap him because mad jack won’t know when to stop the scrap and goodness knows what he will do in the scrap which is why Jarred conceded that night

he would have made all our dudes play like they were 6 inches taller

I am not saying we should have signed him at any cost
But we should have tried harder

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Does he instill fear in the opposition for his general play though? Players would be wary of his illegal cheap shots which are a blight on his game, and any new team would be looking to correct. His technique seems to be to swing an arm at an upward angle for the big hit, which collects players in the jaw or head. It seems lazy and looks really ugly. He got under JWH's skin like a mosquito, but probably because of his carry on when he hadn't done anything to earn it. Everyone hates those guys. JWH beat him convincingly that game, Hetherington was just an annoyance.

Would opposition coaches see him as a threat to combat or a liability to exploit in their match planning? Probably 50/50.

I love his energy, and think he has some good potential in the second row because of his speed and energy. Hetherington the 2nd row could be a loss, but I couldn't care less about Hetherington the prop.

His time in the NRL will be short if he doesn't evolve (I think he will though)

Last edited:

tHe_MaC

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 16, 2013
Maybe we should have tried harder to get him...

He is very close to his family and not being able to get him to NZ to roll out the red carpet, show him Auckland & facilities were the two biggest factors.

Very hard to convince someone who was already reluctant to leave their family network to come to a place where they have probably only seen the Airport, a hotel and Mt Smart.

The salary cap comment is rubbish, he was professional and kind enough to let them know early that he wasn't interested in signing with them before they even got to any specifics.

If we did sign him I imagine he might've struggled to make the adjustment moving to NZ, anyway.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings