Jack Hetherington

APRIL 26 2018 - 10:18AM
Former Picker in NRL debut

Former Young Cherrypicker Jack Hetherington made his National Rugby League debut for the Penrith Panthers last Sunday after a late change to the side.

The 21-year-old forward was named as the replacement for Kaide Ellis at around 3pm on Sunday afternoon.

According to the Penrith Panthers website Hetherington made his debut into the NRL the 577th Panther.

Though born in Canberra Jack’s family are still in Young and no doubt cheered him on last Sunday.
Former Picker Jack Hetherington. Photo: Penrith Panthers.

Former Picker Jack Hetherington. Photo: Penrith Panthers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off The Bench

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I was hoping the other Jack we got would be the same but he turned out to be an error prone Raiders clone. With mad Jack leaving its an opportunity for Murchie to be the Jack Hammer.
playing like he does, errors and all, i would expect to see him in NSW team next year. They love a hit man and arent to worried about details like rules.

• Haha
Reactions: wizards rage

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
I hope he is back - and I hope while he is back he can sort out our government for not allowing the 2 players to return to NZ - I would rather have the 2 players back and send Ardern off shore in a small boat with no water :)

Ponyandtrap

U20's Player
Sep 21, 2019
He made a great impression and seemed to lift the players around him so I hope we get to see more of him this year and maybe even a chance to sign him, he needs to sort out his discipline but he could be a great leader for the warriors in the future. Thats all assuming he'd come but he seems to have fitted right in so lets hope!

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
After this year he should move on from Penrith wear he could get more first grade time. Hopefully he spends time on the field and not suspended.

He was never going to come here. There was a statement months ago about him being keen if we were in Australia again which would mean it would only be short term.

The Dogs have Barrett coming in as coach who is currently at Penrith so he'd have someone he has worked with.

Will be keen to see how he goes as at the dogs.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings