General Ivan Cleary set to bid early farewell to Warriors

Jesbass_old

I feel numb someone pinch me.

BlackManThongSlapped.gif

Uncomfortably numb?

Attachments

• ai625.photobucket.com_albums_tt331_E000theURG_Niketalk_20GIF_BlackManThongSlapped.gif
    ai625.photobucket.com_albums_tt331_E000theURG_Niketalk_20GIF_BlackManThongSlapped.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

a.c.e_old

lol.

Deer caught in lights numb. Im going through the emotional roller coaster ride of loss. Acceptance stage is so far away.

Northern_Union

Let this be a lesson to those who last week took Scurrah's "Everything is fine, Cleary is staying" press release as gospel - everything is not always as it seems in the world of public relations. This was always going to be announced during a bye week to avoid distraction.

It was known that Cleary was already gone by that stage. Not sure why Scurrah decided to lie about this issue.

Jesbass_old

Cleary said otherwise tonight - he said he shut down the Panthers rumour because it wasn't true, but changed his mind later on.

Northern_Union

Cleary said otherwise tonight - he said he shut down the Panthers rumour because it wasn't true, but changed his mind later on.

Wheres that Tui ad when you want it? Cleary has been gone for sometime, he was just working out the details.

Jesbass_old

Yeah, lots of conflicting stories - I'm not sure why there'd be any need to lie from either of them, and I think the details are pretty loose.

Fazz_old

All I know is that if he names Hohaia at fullback next week, I will find him, tie him up and shove him in the next plane to Sydney.

Iafeta_old

What a weird feeling. In a way I want to give a big F U to Gus Gould. Up until a few weeks ago when this twerp hadn't interfered with our leadership team we were finally getting things together. Are the two things correlated? (performance and Cleary leaving). Possibly. In another way I kind of want to say the same to Ivan, and the club. Forget the BS PR and just get on with the job of telling us whats going on. I can only think its too coincidental that he made up his mind last week. That seems a little unlikely. The team has played at times like they've felt something is wrong. All the characteristic foundations of this season went out the window over the past month. Something seemed wrong. If Ivan knew he was going earlier in the piece I'd rather have controlled this farcical month by stopping the charade and let everyone know earlier what was going on.

I'm happy for what he's done with the club. As part of a wider management team he's helped structure a workable strategy to bring the development pathways forward. Right now, to be frank, I couldn't care less whether he goes straight away.

aussie_warrior_old

What a weird feeling. In a way I want to give a big F U to Gus Gould. Up until a few weeks ago when this twerp hadn't interfered with our leadership team we were finally getting things together. Are the two things correlated? (performance and Cleary leaving). Possibly. In another way I kind of want to say the same to Ivan, and the club. Forget the BS PR and just get on with the job of telling us whats going on. I can only think its too coincidental that he made up his mind last week. That seems a little unlikely. The team has played at times like they've felt something is wrong. All the characteristic foundations of this season went out the window over the past month. Something seemed wrong. If Ivan knew he was going earlier in the piece I'd rather have controlled this farcical month by stopping the charade and let everyone know earlier what was going on.

I'm happy for what he's done with the club. As part of a wider management team he's helped structure a workable strategy to bring the development pathways forward. Right now, to be frank, I couldn't care less whether he goes straight away.

I always like your posts, if I ever have a daughter, you can marry her.

Patu_old

The team has played at times like they've felt something is wrong. All the characteristic foundations of this season went out the window over the past month. Something seemed wrong. If Ivan knew he was going earlier in the piece I'd rather have controlled this farcical month by stopping the charade and let everyone know earlier what was going on.
I'd put our loss in form down to inexperience more than anything. Johnson debuting at halfback, the loss of Luck, Fish coming back on the wing, Inu playing his first game for us at centre...that's alot of shuffling which I feel contributed more to our losing streak than speculation over Ivan. The team didn't even know that Ivan was being headhunted by Penrith until the Cowboys game. Simon was interviewed after that match and was asked had the speculation on Ivan affected the team, to which he answered "most of the boys didn't even know about it".

Iafeta_old

Standard response Patu. The amount of premier league captains etc over the years who've trotted out the "we haven't talked about" "didn't even know that was happening" type comments in press releases would be something horrific in terms of numbers. Its a standard press conference type comment. I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if the players weren't aware of it.

Patu_old

Standard response Patu. The amount of premier league captains etc over the years who've trotted out the "we haven't talked about" "didn't even know that was happening" type comments in press releases would be something horrific in terms of numbers. Its a standard press conference type comment. I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if the players weren't aware of it.
I can tell you now that several of the senior players had no idea this was going on.

Iafeta_old

I can tell you now that several of the senior players had no idea this was going on.

Shaun Berrigan spoke on radio sport that the boys knew, it was all over social networks and had been spoken about.

Patu_old

Shaun Berrigan spoke on radio sport that the boys knew, it was all over social networks and had been spoken about.
Not all of them. They only knew it was official the morning it was announced. Speculation in the media was probably the only thing they would've heard, and even then some boys don't listen to the media.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings