General Ivan Cleary and Tony Iro

Reaction score

Iafeta_old

Just thought I'd add, what a freakin awesome coaching effort this year thus far given the unmerciful way the "football Gods" have ravaged our team with injuries. The best part about this year... Louisi, Tupou, Ta'ai, Matulino, Brown, Kev, Packer, Sammy... young blokes at various stages have really stood up.

And, credit to Johnny Ackland too. He's got the U20s rolling well.

We hear a lot of criticism over the club and the way its progressing, but it seems to be coming together nicely. Whether it all gels this year I'm not sure if we can sustain it all the way, but there are some wicked signs going forward for this club.

Reaction score

Magic Stick_old

Agree. Cleary has taken alot of heat. some warranted though. especially in 09. Alot of credit has to go too the legend Ruben Wiki i hear. really has the guys united and fit

Hopefully the fans come back to Mt Smart. I think the Warriors can go deep into the finals in 2010

Reaction score

DanKokoro_old

Yeah.. I think the majority of flak that cleary copped last year was warrented. But except for keeping Lance at FB instead of putting Locke in there, i can't really fault any of his decisions this year (maybe i'm not thinking hard enough). He's done bloody well to get us where we are at present, all things considered. Probs to Ivan and the rest of the coaching staff.

Reaction score

Lego_Man_old

Our team for 2011 looks smoking hot, if the halves gel and stay fit.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

credit where it's due. Great tactical effort on display today from our coaching staff.

Reaction score

blain91_old

Credit where its due, we are looking very nice despite missing a few players.

Keep it up boys, could be a great season if we continue to develop :)

Reaction score

WarriorDog_old

Cleary really has handled the pressure well.
It was only weeks ago people we calling for his head and rumors he may be on the outter.
But as everybody knows premierships are not one at the start of the season and he is starting to build this team nicely and may I even say he may be turning us into serious premiership contenders

Reaction score

ToiletDuck_old

I wonder how much Simone Mannering and Luckman have to do with it too...whenever I try think about who's keeping those guys together out on the field I struggle to think of an obvious leader...no Price, Tate, Rapira, not even little Lance the last 2 weeks. Certainly Jabroni is growing into his role too, which is nice to see.

Reaction score

Kaiaua krusher_old

You stole my thunder TD. I have maintained right from the start, that unless our big boppers started making yards we would struggle. Packer, Latimore, Jesse, Benny are really going great.

I think the Warriors renaisance is on the back of an incredible couple of tackling machines in Luck and Mannering. They to me have been exceptional and allows the snipers to exploit their roles so well. Add to that Manu "the Bird Man" then you have a recipe for solidarity.

Great,great effort and as Pricey said. there is going to be a massive Vulcans squad this week when the rest come back. I understand, apart from Pricey of course, that only Slammin Sammy will not be back this weekend.

Reaction score

fitzy_old

You stole my thunder TD. I have maintained right from the start, that unless our big boppers started making yards we would struggle. Packer, Latimore, Jesse, Benny are really going great.

I think the Warriors renaisance is on the back of an incredible couple of tackling machines in Luck and Mannering. They to me have been exceptional and allows the snipers to exploit their roles so well. Add to that Manu "the Bird Man" then you have a recipe for solidarity.

Great,great effort and as Pricey said. there is going to be a massive Vulcans squad this week when the rest come back. I understand, apart from Pricey of course, that only Slammin Sammy will not be back this weekend.
Agree too. Have said it for years. It all starts up front whether you are playing U15's or NRL. And our boppers are now stepping up.
What I want to know is, is do you change a winning combo just for the sake of players returning from injury

Reaction score

Lego_Man_old

Well for me the best thing was not coming away with the 2 premiership points.

It's the fact that every player can now look all his mates in the eye and say that on that day he put his body and soul on the line for his team.

That kind of win must do wonders for team morale and cohesion.

Reaction score

Gundog_old

Yeah I hated on Cleary big time after last year...but we are looking good even on attack, we seem to playing a better structured game. Good work Ivan!!

Defence is awesome, the way they kept coming off the line to pressure the Penrith halves was inspiring. Agree about Mannering and Luck they are the glue in our team.

Maloney and Brown just keep impressing me every week and the form of our young players, Matulino, Ta'ai, Packer and Tupou was massive.

Henderson deserved his man of the match from channel 9 he was a titan out there.

The ref sucked BIG TIME...I have never seen such a bias display of refereeing EVER in my life there was 7 of us watching the game all screaming and swearing at the ref.

Funny hearing Rabbits talking about Lewis Brown saying apparently I've been told this kid can play...haha don't think hes watched a warriors game in 2 years.

Reaction score

Jesbass_old

Well for me the best thing was not coming away with the 2 premiership points.

It's the fact that every player can now look all his mates in the eye and say that on that day he put his body and soul on the line for his team.

That kind of win must do wonders for team morale and cohesion.
It wasn't St Crispin's Day yesterday by any chance, was it? More than a hint of Shakespeare in your post there, Henry! :)

Reaction score

DanKokoro_old

Funny hearing Rabbits talking about Lewis Brown saying apparently I've been told this kid can play...haha don't think hes watched a warriors game in 2 years.
haha.. well he saw him near his best on Sunday. Mind you Lewis is consistently awesome. What a great signing.. love him... he tried to mac on my GF once, tbh i wouldn't have minded.

Reaction score

ToiletDuck_old

haha.. well he saw him near his best on Sunday. Mind you Lewis is consistently awesome. What a great signing.. love him... he tried to mac on my GF once, tbh i wouldn't have minded.
Tbh I'm still surprised she said no.

Reaction score

ToiletDuck_old

Beautiful and scary..

Reaction score

Jesbass_old

Beautiful and scary..
If you can call Ed Bundy beautiful...

Brown's theme song that should play every time he gets the ball:
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Smge23DCE8[/YOUTUBE]

Reaction score

ToiletDuck_old

Haha good choice.

Reaction score

sebastian_old

Wow...I am a such a proud Warrior fan. Not only do Cleary & Iro deserve credit but I'm sure Wiki has got the boys united as no one else could. I love seeing Wiki on the sideline, I do not underestimate his influence over the players, especially in such a injury run, where younger players have been playing so well. Iro I'm sure has been one reason for our improved attack, Cleary for managing so well in a an injury run that would have destroyed other NRL clubs seasons.

Top Bottom