General IT IS TIME FOR A COMPLETE REBUILD

I am hoping everything gets a complete overhaul. The new owners make me feel more optimistic. Then the CEO and coach need to go in time. Get rid of Iro and co. Then we need to create a new culture.

If you look at the All Blacks they have a culture of high performance, accountability and perfection.

The Black Caps have a never say die attitude and get the absolute maximum performance out of their players. The players are willing to do anything for the team. Individuals mean nothing, it is all about the team. If a new player doesn't buy into this and does not give 100% they won't be around long.

The Warriors culture has somewhat improved but it is nowhere near the above teams. When things get too hard we give up. We don't seem to give 100% at training. We have a culture of mediocrity. There is no accountability for bad performances.

Both the All Blacks and Black Caps have had good innovative coaches. The Warriors haven't had a good coach since Cleary.

Once we get the CEO and coach we need, upgrade our facilities, then we can work on changing our culture and then we can start to attract quality players from other clubs.

bruce

Contributor
I am hoping everything gets a complete overhaul. The new owners make me feel more optimistic. Then the CEO and coach need to go in time. Get rid of Iro and co. Then we need to create a new culture.

If you look at the All Blacks they have a culture of high performance, accountability and perfection.

The Black Caps have a never say die attitude and get the absolute maximum performance out of their players. The players are willing to do anything for the team. Individuals mean nothing, it is all about the team. If a new player doesn't buy into this and does not give 100% they won't be around long.

The Warriors culture has somewhat improved but it is nowhere near the above teams. When things get too hard we give up. We don't seem to give 100% at training. We have a culture of mediocrity. There is no accountability for bad performances.

Both the All Blacks and Black Caps have had good innovative coaches. The Warriors haven't had a good coach since Cleary.

Once we get the CEO and coach we need, upgrade our facilities, then we can work on changing our culture and then we can start to attract quality players from other clubs.
At the 2018 forum SK was asked Melbourne did it. He said stability. That maybe part of what they did but they also are extremely professional and demanding right through the place. SK would know that, and he would know it is not like that at this club.

Reactions: warriors55

bruce

Contributor
.Last year SK was showing results .an we made our first finals in a longtime .
Because we had a brilliant start to the season because of improved fitness. Had an absolute blinder against St George, thought shite this is easy, went to Melbourne and got caught in the headlights and never been the same since. mental weakness showing through.

This season thrash the Dogs. Go to Christchurch and get all over Manly but Manly dig in...oh shite this isn't fun anymore...dropped lips...bye bye season. Mental weakness showing through.

Whose fault? A coach or club that cannot recruit a team. Clean the club out Roman legion style.

Last edited:
Because we had a brilliant start to the season because of improved fitness.
Was it because of improved fitness? I have had a feeling that it was because of the ref crackdown around the tackle and wrestle at the start of last season. It seemed to me that the stop start nature of the games suited us as no one could really get on a roll.

I think Corvo coming on board was just a coincidence.. could be wrong, just my take on it though. Notice as soon as they stopped blowing the whistle every minute our team wasn't as effective..

After reading the Autex need article The buck stops with SK.

I got to wondering if CG had not cost us Shaun Johnson . Would we still be having this discussion?
I'm not a SK fan but I believe we would have built on last years progress
If Shaun Johnson stayed .
CNK was another mistake an would have covered Fusitua on the wing this season .
This year has been a bit of a pickle .really
Personally I'd rather get rid of the problems once they are identified .Not a witch
Hunt. .Last year SK was showing results .an we made our first finals in a longtime .
So for my vote it would be CG gone or both

I have time for SK, his record is poor but he has taken on two basketcase teams in Parra and then the Warriors, and to be fair he took them to the semis in his second season after a very long drought.
I assume CG is doing a good job but he has a habit of going on record with stupid statements which just destabilise the club, he needs to take step back.
I’d hope they can get it right next season, and by right I mean semis, then build from there, this squad is not a premiership side.

Was it because of improved fitness? I have had a feeling that it was because of the ref crackdown around the tackle and wrestle at the start of last season. It seemed to me that the stop start nature of the games suited us as no one could really get on a roll.

I think Corvo coming on board was just a coincidence.. could be wrong, just my take on it though. Notice as soon as they stopped blowing the whistle every minute our team wasn't as effective..
Hmm food for thought.The only thing I will say is that he's been part of some successful organisations previously.

Reactions: bruce
He's also been moved on quite a lot from some very successful organisations who have continued to have success without him. It's not doomsday for us.
yes but not after two years. Certainty not doomsday, but if he's been moved because on because of player power, and these are the same players who performed like busted arseholes this year... well it tells you why this club will always be mediocre at best