General IT IS TIME FOR A COMPLETE REBUILD

wenord

Waterboy
Sep 10, 2016
Why can't we attract quality players from Australia, they all seem not to want to live in Auckland so maybe we should look at setting up the franchise in Sydney or Gosford and to play home games in Auckland this will surely make it easier to attract players I would like to know other people opinions

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Why can't we attract quality players from Australia, they all seem not to want to live in Auckland so maybe we should look at setting up the franchise in Sydney or Gosford and to play home games in Auckland this will surely make it easier to attract players I would like to know other people opinions

Australians, like most people, are only attracted to winners and success. The Warriors are like the plague to them.

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
There used to be a Warriors house in Sydney, not sure whatever happened to it, but would be good for younger Aussies recruiting and for when the team is in Sydney

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The NRL needs the Warriors for TV ratings...and they know it. The NRL is very happy for the Warriors to be in the bottom 8, because then they get the best Kiwi players.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
The NRL needs the Warriors for TV ratings...and they know it. The NRL is very happy for the Warriors to be in the bottom 8, because then they get the best Kiwi players.
New Zealand is just one big feeder club to the Aussie teams. Can't see that changing in the short term. Our own country men don't want to play for us, mind you to be fair we didn't want them to play for us either.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Haha I have floated this many times here. The guys wont accept it. But personally I dont see why it matters where the team is located. What if it was the difference between winning a prem or not? Personally I would be all for it.

Although I would not go Sydney. Its too flooded. Our strongest support that isn't already repped is South Brisbane. Probably the old ANZ stadium. There is a huge Kiwi community in South Brisbane and the Gold Coast which is not a huge commute, especially given Australias superior public transport.

Auckland Warriors based in South Brisbane.

At least then we would have the pressure from Media and Fans equal to other Aus teams, instead of just losing at Mt Smart, not caring and just driving home. Personally Id rather start winning than worrying about not being able to go to every game.

We are completely out of the NRL loop located in South Auck in a stadium that is too hard basket to get to frequently anyway.

The difference of being located in ultra low key out of the loop South Auck vs being in Aus imo is one of the largest reasons why we are not competitive, our players can just go home after a loss and not worry.

Also as mentioned it would give us MUCH more leverage to attract quality Aus players to our team.

Not a lot of kiwis on the Central Coast, but would work for me as Im a CC Leagues Club member :cool:

But it wont happen, Warriors are not dynamic enough to make that kind of change.

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
Haha I have floated this many times here. The guys wont accept it. But personally I dont see why it matters where the team is located. What if it was the difference between winning a prem or not? Personally I would be all for it.

Although I would not go Sydney. Its too flooded. Our strongest support that isn't already repped is South Brisbane. Probably the old ANZ stadium. There is a huge Kiwi community in South Brisbane and the Gold Coast which is not a huge commute, especially given Australias superior public transport.

Auckland Warriors based in South Brisbane.

At least then we would have the pressure from Media and Fans equal to other Aus teams, instead of just losing at Mt Smart, not caring and just driving home. Personally Id rather start winning than worrying about not being able to go to every game.

We are completely out of the NRL loop located in South Auck in a stadium that is too hard basket to get to frequently anyway.

The difference of being located in ultra low key out of the loop South Auck vs being in Aus imo is one of the largest reasons why we are not competitive, our players can just go home after a loss and not worry.

Also as mentioned it would give us MUCH more leverage to attract quality Aus players to our team.

Not a lot of kiwis on the Central Coast, but would work for me as Im a CC Leagues Club member :cool:

But it wont happen, Warriors are not dynamic enough to make that kind of change.

You’re thinking too small mate. We need to base the other Aussie teams here in NZ.
The Knights would feel right at home being based in Hamilton.

Last edited:

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2013
Central Otago
If only the "Warriors" was a team Kiwis + islanders really wanted to play for ..we would be a TOP4 side every season ....thats why the TOP4 sides pretty much stay in the TOP4 as players would rather play for them than take a bigger paycheck ... also their hot wives don't want to leave their friends etc .. Only hope for WARs going forward IMHO is too get another Pricey type leader that commands respect throughout the NRL (Of course thats not going be an easy find Bromwich maybe) we really need to stop the retirement packages for older kiwi players..we need to target high energy players

And throw some cash at Young up incoming players that aren't settled Married with kids etc ... many AUS clubs have these bolters ....we need to poach a few and get the next Haas etc

Fact is there's not much between 12-13th and 8-6th placed team couple of wins under pressure we just don't seem to have the mental edge to close games or the seasons out anymore.... so more Mgmt/coaching issues here

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
No point relocating the club to Aus, it’d quickly become just another Aus club- then what would be the point? We’d be better off just choosing an existing club
Feeder club NZ, NZ Warriors Branding, the point? Winning premierships and being the the top 4 consistently.

No, the NZ Warriors will never be just ANOTHER Aus club.

The benefits outweigh the negatives by a long margin.

There are a LOT of Kiwis in Aus, particularly SE Qld, businessman, ex players. The club would maintain a NZ club presence and Id suggest play half the home games in NZ.

The Melbourne Storm are still a Melbourne Club even if all of their greats have come from NZ and Qld.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Plenty of local Kiwi members. Has the Warriors IN the NRL, gives us sooooooo much more leverage for building an outstanding team based around value for money PROFESSIONAL Aussie forwards and outstanding Kiwi Spine like we had last year.

Pre Suncorp Broncos stadium could be the NZ Warriors new home and put in a local club for the fans and we have major NRL Presence and no more kiwi players just not putting in and being able to not be held accountable.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Plenty of local Kiwi members. Has the Warriors IN the NRL, gives us sooooooo much more leverage for building an outstanding team based around value for money PROFESSIONAL Aussie forwards and outstanding Kiwi Spine like we had last year.

Pre Suncorp Broncos stadium could be the NZ Warriors new home and put in a local club for the fans and we have major NRL Presence and no more kiwi players just not putting in and being able to not be held accountable.

Brisbane doesn’t want this Shite team over there, what are you thinking man!

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
If we were winning and consistent title contenders it wouldn't matter where we were located.
Thats bullshit. There's three factors. NZ+Warriors+SK...

Take Jai Arrow, remove SK and the shit fight that is the Warriors, you really think he's going to give up living on the Gold Coast to move to Auckland??!
Fucking dreaming

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Feeder club NZ, NZ Warriors Branding, the point? Winning premierships and being the the top 4 consistently.

No, the NZ Warriors will never be just ANOTHER Aus club.

The benefits outweigh the negatives by a long margin.

There are a LOT of Kiwis in Aus, particularly SE Qld, businessman, ex players. The club would maintain a NZ club presence and Id suggest play half the home games in NZ.

The Melbourne Storm are still a Melbourne Club even if all of their greats have come from NZ and Qld.

It would 100% be just another Australian club, current locally connected players would have no incentive to join the Warriors and would just further be absorbed into the other clubs.
The locals would likely reject the team (the seagulls failed as it had an identity problem between Nsw and queenlanders both rejecting it) plus there’s only 500k kiwis in Aus spread across a bloody big country so is too small a population to rely on expat support, even then many that support the warriors would perceive it as another Australian club.
One of our biggest hurdles is travel, playing home games in NZ would mean even more travel and only games agains the Titans and Broncs not needing significant travel to get to.
Local sponsors would struggle to support a club that distances itself from where it’s located.
I’d drop the Warriors in a heartbeat if they relocated to Aus as I support them BECAUSE they are the NZ team, lose that and they lose me as a fan.
Really can’t see any benefits at all of basing it in Aus other than you might attract a few more Australians (and then likely mainly only Queenslanders).

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings