Reaction score

WarriorBall

I remember talking with one of the Warriors previous trainers about this very thing and he reckon you could only ever put on 2-3kgs of average weight a year safely. Anymore would put more strain on the legs and knees which would lead to more chances of injuries. You have to increase muscle mass all over the body so it it all supports itself. That's as best as I can explain it cause most of it went straight over my head :oops:.

Ben Matulino had an interesting article on weight gain a few years ago in which he said he started the season about 10kgs above his ideal weight. By the middle of the season he was playing at his ideal weight and by the seasons end he was slightly up on it. Same article he said he was going back to his pregame chicken pasta salad routine cause it worked for him despite what the nutritionist had told him. Lee Anne Wann was her name. Some of her ideas were out there...
Not wrong about Lee Anne Wann, I remember she was on a Paleo bent, not exactly mainstream nutritional standards there, what she was doing in sports science as the Warriors Nutritionist baffled not only me but my wife who’s a dietitian, hopefully she’s no longer around.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Not wrong about Lee Anne Wann, I remember she was on a Paleo bent, not exactly mainstream nutritional standards there, what she was doing in sports science as the Warriors Nutritionist baffled not only me but my wife who’s a dietitian, hopefully she’s no longer around.
Yeah they got rid of her awhile ago.

There is a thread on it with the Ben Matulino article I was talking about. Totally got the figures wrong on his weight. He starts off light and builds up. Makes much more sense with what the trainer told me...

https://nzwarriors.com/threads/nrl-sports-science.39451/page-4#post-536564

Top Bottom