MarkW_old

Crappy luck for John, he's filled in for Seymour admirably.

If Seymour gets injured again though, I hope for the love of Xenu Hohaia doesn't take his place in the halves! :crazy:

Iafeta_old

Is there an award at the Warriors Awards function for most improved player? He'd have to win hands down. I'm blown away by his improvements. The bloke was an average player in U20s, borderline dysfunctional kicking skills, average handling, just a bloke who could back up well. He was running the ship well for a few weeks, and he certainly didn't seem overawed against Saints or Penrith. BIIIGGGGGG future. I hope he recovers well from this.

Magic Stick_old

I wouldnt say John has been great...he has filled in well.tough luck on John though.I have also been surprised on his improvement.Cause he was rubbish in the u20's

sebastian_old

A true shame, for both parties as if Seymour gets injured...anyway like Iafeta says John can hold his head up high & look foward to a future as a NRL halfback, if he keeps that up next season he'll be picked up in no time.

David Bragg_old

John did want we hoped he would and more.
He contributed well.
He did not overplay his hand.
I was most impressed with his willingness in defence.

aussie_warrior_old

I wonder if he's considering the LARS reconstruction... the same one that Covell got.

Jesbass_old

Good point. Covell is apparently training again - incredibly quick recovery!

aussie_warrior_old

Training? He played on the weekend in the NRL and the week before in the NSW Cup.

MightyWarriors_old

Jesbass, Covell is not only training again but made his return to FG last weekend, scoring a try. Seems to be a really remarkable surgery, hopefully we can avail it to our guys to salvage their seasons.

aussie_warrior_old

From what I understand, Covell was walking the day after, light running in under 4 weeks, full running in 8 weeks and back playing NRL in 11 weeks...

ryan1_old

From what I understand, Covell was walking the day after, light running in under 4 weeks, full running in 8 weeks and back playing NRL in 11 weeks...

I broke this news last weekend, and no-one even noticed. I'm gonna go sulk in the corner.

Jesbass_old

Ah, thanks for the update, gents. Living without Sky is similar to living in a bubble... :D

Jesbass_old

I broke this news last weekend, and no-one even noticed. I'm gonna go sulk in the corner.

If there's a puppy in the corner, make sure you kick it on my behalf.

I'm pretty certain it's your post that I was making a vague (and clearly inaccurate) recollection.

Lego_Man_old

The main reason why Covell had the LARS surgery is that he is an older player and had less to lose by trying the experimental surgery.

Theyre not comprehensively sure of the medium-long effects of the surgery so to try it on a young player is a lot more risky. Whereas the regular reco is more of a known quantity.