edguy_old

Ah Van, 2 line breaks and second most metres, 1 try, 1 try assist, why the shock?

mate you cant watch many games ..lol ...one above average game and 15 bad ones...
i can recount 2 or 3 trys blinky has stuffed up by dropping the ball cold with the tryline wide open this year alone ..lets not talk about previous seasons...
he had one good game all year last year against the knights , and even today made a break , down the touch line and panicked , threw the ball straight to the roosters ginga ,
they took the ball all the way up the field on the same set of six and they scored...
lets not talk about his loose carrys when he runs the ball back, of which he did one today and dropped the ball cold.....thank god nobby will be back next week

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid-Dynamite_old

I thought he was good.

Definitley will be number 6 next week and deservedly so!

krs_64_old

Thought Isac John went well today. His cut out pass was a beauty something that's been missing all season, he also as a quality bullet pass.l. A promising Prospect.

insulinboi_old

John is alright. Im not sure if he is a superstar, but he is bound to improve with a bit more game time.

Spence_old

I like him alot better at 6 than 7. I think he could have kicked long more, though. He has a fairly decent boot.

PB_old

May have been mentioned elsewhere, but John is out for the year. Ivan on Radio Sport just confirmed it. Torn his ACL so it's reconstruction ahoy.

A real shame because he's been great. A speedy recovery to him.

Link to TVNZ confirmation.

insulinboi_old

Poor chap. At least this time we had a 'well timed' injury (if there is such a thing of course) with Seymour coming back.

Has anyone noticed that Johnson is back playing for the under 20's and Inu is playing for the vulcans? Must be some sort of rotational thing.

PB_old

Has anyone noticed that Johnson is back playing for the under 20's and Inu is playing for the vulcans?

I thought that Johnson went back to 20s last week because Tuimavave was injured? Can't see Johnson in any team list this week. Tuimavave is back in 20s but Zensei Inu is named for both 20s and Vulcans. Similarly, Sione Lousi is named in Vulcans and as traveling reserve for the Warriors. Lillyman is playing for the Vulcans as well.

So, aside from John & Taylor, there's only Sammy and Paddy still on the mend.

Getting there.

JonB_old

Issac was playing really well for us as well, sucks he is now injured. He showed glimpses last year, thouggh no Stacey Jones he is starting to look like a real pro.

Gundog_old

Hard Luck to Isaac John really impressed me, we seemed to be a lot more organised and his talk was awesome. Speedy recovery to the young fella, come back bigger and stronger next year.

teariki_old

Bad luck for John, but good timing for Seymour to come back. But the Warriors will be hoping Seymour doesn't injure himself again.

DanKokoro_old

Bad luck for John, but good timing for Seymour to come back. But the Warriors will be hoping Seymour doesn't injure himself again.

Yes.. No more injuries to our halves for the rest of the year please.. Or anyone else for that matter. We've got a real chance to push for a top 4 spot.

Fazz_old

Johnson to get a go in first grade now...There's no way Seymour won't get injured again at the rate he's been going.

Imo:
We beat Melbourne and we're a chance of a top 4 spot.
We lose in a narrow game and we're a good chance of a top 8 spot.
We get hammered and we're gunna struggle a bit to make the 8

Spence_old

We have to stay two points above the eight for the rest of the season, really. With our points differential we aren't going to come in 7th or 8th.

ryan1_old

We have to stay two points above the eight for the rest of the season, really. With our points differential we aren't going to come in 7th or 8th.
The current point differential for the teams standing from 3-5 are nothing to get excited about either.

Tigers 8
Roosters 1
Titans -12

All well within our grasp (-18), no?

DanKokoro_old

Huge call.

haha didn't you call our team this week a premiership quality side?

In recent weeks we've beaten the Roosters (4th), the Panthers (2nd), and lost to the Dragons (1st) by 2 points, and a game we should've won. (Granted the Roosters game was a game we shouldn't have won but, care).

If we keep up the intensity and have no more injuries i don't see why we can't be a top 4 team, especially when Sammy Raps comes back.

Lego_Man_old

haha didn't you call our team this week a premiership quality side?

Well...that was a cheeky little troll comment.

In recent weeks we've beaten the Roosters (4th), the Panthers (2nd), and lost to the Dragons (1st) by 2 points, and a game we should've won. (Granted the Roosters game was a game we shouldn't have won but, care).

If we keep up the intensity and have no more injuries i don't see why we can't be a top 4 team, especially when Sammy Raps comes back.

Point taken - it's just that the problem I and many others have is in reconciling what we're doing now, with the shit that was being served up earlier in the season.

I'm sold on our D and commitment, just not on our attacking structure and ability to deliver points in pressure (finals) games against top defences.

Though to be honest the general quality of the NRL is very low this year.