General Is this the twilight of democracy?

Motota

Motota

From figures from October 2022, to be in the top 10% of the wealthiest people in the world, your household needs a net worth of just over $200,000 NZ (meaning a couple with a deposit for the average house in NZ are within the world’s top 10% wealthiest people) while if your household net worth is just over $1.7m NZD, you’re within the world wide 1 percenters.

If you just want to include NZ, to be within the top 10%, your household net worth is just over $2 mil while an individual needs just under $4 mil to be considered a 1 percenter in NZ.

And if you’re wondering how much you need to earn in NZ to be in the top 1% internationally, earning the average wage of $61,000 in NZ puts you into that international category. If you’re married and on the jobseeker benefit in NZ, you “earn“ more than 90% of the world’s working population.

In other words, it’s all about who you’re comparing yourself (or others) to, if you’re looking just in NZ or internationally, and if you’re considering income or wealth.
Interestinh! What's your source of data here?

Miket12

Miket12

Interestinh! What's your source of data here?
The first two paragraphs were from a newshub and stuff articles. Other information was from the Credit Suisse Global Weath report where they recorded the international figures in USD so I converted them to NZD.

Information for the average wage in NZ was from the stats.govt.nz site and the figure for the jobseeker allowance was from the msd site.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor

The problem with the start of his speech is the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are people and therefore covered by the Constitution. He's right though. Corporate slaves with the worst being the poor soldiers whose lives are thrown away senselessly for corporates...

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I don't usually venture too much into religious or LBGT politics...however one thing I saw today shocked me.

It is like Merkins want to live in the 19th century.

Please bear with me ladies and jelly beans.

In 2003 the SCOTUS ruled by 6 to 3 FFS!!! to rule sodomy laws as unconstitutional.

They were over ruling a law in the state of Texas. In 1998 two Texan men were charged with having sex in their own house.

Now the Attorney general of Texas, a moron called Ken Paxton who in 2015 was indicted by a grand jury on three counts of securities fraud. He has yet to face trial!!! That is another story.

Now, this paragon of virtue has said if the SCOTUS were to overturn the sodomy law, he would enforce it in Texas.

If such an appeal did get to the SCOTUS now, it would almost certainly be overturned.

Wonders never cease with the GOP.

Reactions: Noitall
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

I don't usually venture too much into religious or LBGT politics...however one thing I saw today shocked me.

It is like Merkins want to live in the 19th century.

Please bear with me ladies and jelly beans.

In 2003 the SCOTUS ruled by 6 to 3 FFS!!! to rule sodomy laws as unconstitutional.

They were over ruling a law in the state of Texas. In 1998 two Texan men were charged with having sex in their own house.

Now the Attorney general of Texas, a moron called Ken Paxton who in 2015 was indicted by a grand jury on three counts of securities fraud. He has yet to face trial!!! That is another story.

Now, this paragon of virtue has said if the SCOTUS were to overturn the sodomy law, he would enforce it in Texas.

If such an appeal did get to the SCOTUS now, it would almost certainly be overturned.

Wonders never cease with the GOP.

Totally agree with you but the Democrats are pushing the woke shit. I am willing to bet that some of those homophobic Republicans are gay and camp as a row of pink tents.

Reactions: bruce
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Just for all you Russian bots out there

An FBI agent has been charged with helping a Russian oligarch evade US sanctions.

No big deal except this traitor was head of the FBI Russian counter intelligence, including the investigation into Russiagate and Hilary Clinton.

You could not make this up.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Just gotta say...You Tube threw this up for me last night.
You don't have to watch it, but it is about dying towns in Texas.
This is the problem with the older country areas of Merka, they get a gerrymandered vote in the senate, way outside of their numbers, and they are all angry white folk who are just frustrated and want to wreck Washington.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
The GOP are in a dangerous mode. Especially those in Florida.
They want Merka to be white, Christian and straight.
One of the worst of these wankers is a guy called Mat Gaetz.
He is in with Donald Trump and has been a big mouth in his support.
He has a reputation for being oversexed, and he likes them young.
The DOJ thought they had him on a transporting minors for sex charge, but that seems on hold for some reason.
However the rumour today is he has been caught on tape with young...men :eek: :eek: ..and apparently has been shagging his personal male assistant.
So is it bad that a married guy has sex with a guy...NO
Is it bad that he has sex with lots of peope...NO
However it is a crime to have sex with minors, and also the Florida GOP has banned the word gay.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

An FBI agent has been charged with helping a Russian oligarch evade US sanctions.

No big deal except this traitor was head of the FBI Russian counter intelligence, including the investigation into Russiagate and Hilary Clinton.

That is not what the Russians were accused of in Russiagate.

drake83

The GOP are in a dangerous mode. Especially those in Florida.
They want Merka to be white, Christian and straight.
One of the worst of these wankers is a guy called Mat Gaetz.
He is in with Donald Trump and has been a big mouth in his support.
He has a reputation for being oversexed, and he likes them young.
The DOJ thought they had him on a transporting minors for sex charge, but that seems on hold for some reason.
However the rumour today is he has been caught on tape with young...men :eek: :eek: ..and apparently has been shagging his personal male assistant.
So is it bad that a married guy has sex with a guy...NO
Is it bad that he has sex with lots of peope...NO
However it is a crime to have sex with minors, and also the Florida GOP has banned the word gay.
He is not in with Donald Trump if he was he would have voted for McCarthy when Trump endorsed McCarthy for speaker, Gaetz response was that's sad when Trump endorsed McCarthy.
Where do you get your talking points from woke liberal media?
You are telling me that Byron Donald's wants Merica to be white? I forget the liberal media paint him out to be a white supremacist.
The GOP are making good moves to call out the biden admins hypocrisy starting with oil leases.
Also getting rid of that lier Sciff of the Intelligence comitee was a great move.

drake83

This guy has an opposing view and he ties it back to the bidens and he has receipts from left wing rags

• Haha
Reactions: bruce
bruce

bruce

Contributor
That is not what the Russians were accused of in Russiagate.
Not exactly because Mueller didn't know at the time that the head of FBI counter intelligence in New York was a Russian double agent, with direct links to Paul Manafort, Trumps campaign manager.

This double agent was the one who started, and leaked, the Clinton email thing, and got Peter Strok of the FBI fired because he was onto things.

That is why Hilary Clinton, who I agree was a poor candidate was so pissed at losing. They knew the Russians were involved, but couldn't find the missing link, nor could Mueller.

Sorry Boris, but Putin got Trump elected, there is now no doubt about it at all.

Remember Boris, that the Russians love useful idiots. and always have done, especially in Merka.

• Wow
Reactions: Worried2Death

drake83

Sorry Boris, but Putin got Trump elected, there is now no doubt about it at all.
Proof? does Adam Schiff still have the smoking gun to prove it that he said he had in 2018.
theres a new rule anything a democrat accuses a republican of doing is because the democrat is doing themselves.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
He is not in with Donald Trump
Mate he is in deep with Trump...or was. He was Trumps point man arranging girls for congressmen, maybe he fell out with Trump, who may have had some tapes of him with young men.
Pence's chief of staff said late last year Gaetz was going to be indicted for something, he must have known..