General Is this the twilight of democracy?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The corporations/Intelligence agencies/media are controlling things.
That is why they always want more money, they have more than they need, it is about power, and no control freak can ever get enough.

Reactions: dean

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Funny how things start to change... the Elite are beginning to believe that money can buy freedom and life in some sort of sanctuary, like in NZ building bunkers in the South Island and hiding there money in NZ trusts.. (All thanx to Sir Donkey by the way, while NZ where under the illusion of a Rockstar ecomony) Problem is that the economy and all those jobs were created though debt not building a countries wealth first and using that to build the economy, like most competent Govts would do .. Thanx to Donkey the only thing Rockstar is a growing population and horrendous debt.. which our infrastructure cannot handle.. because the wealth was never created first.. I dont envy the shit that Jacinda and co has to try and fix, because the damage Key did in 9 years will take at least 90 to fix.. So is this the twilight of Democracy ... to be honest most political university professor's for decades have already stated that democracy and communisim won't and never worked in the first place.. so there you go...

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Funny how things start to change... the Elite are beginning to believe that money can buy freedom and life in some sort of sanctuary, like in NZ building bunkers in the South Island and hiding there money in NZ trusts.. (All thanx to Sir Donkey by the way, while NZ where under the illusion of a Rockstar ecomony) Problem is that the economy and all those jobs were created though debt not building a countries wealth first and using that to build the economy, like most competent Govts would do .. Thanx to Donkey the only thing Rockstar is a growing population and horrendous debt.. which our infrastructure cannot handle.. because the wealth was never created first.. I dont envy the shit that Jacinda and co has to try and fix, because the damage Key did in 9 years will take at least 90 to fix.. So is this the twilight of Democracy ... to be honest most political university professor's for decades have already stated that democracy and communisim won't and never worked in the first place.. so there you go...
Cheer up mate, it's nearly Christmas. That is if we make it to Christmas before WW3 breaks out, world peace rests on whether Joe Biden can persuade Xi not to invade Taiwan, starting with remembering his name.

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Cheer up mate, it's nearly Christmas. That is if we make it to Christmas before WW3 breaks out, world peace rests on whether Joe Biden can persuade Xi not to invade Taiwan, starting with remembering his name.

Ha ha ha .. dont worry mate Im all good .. just voicing the 60 odd years since I've been alive.. just how much godzone changed from a Keynesian country where everyone lived comfortably with a chance to achieve .. to a Neolib country that I don't recognise anymore.. I guess I'm thinking about the mokos and the life ahead of them..
Anyway christmas is here soon, I hope POS can give us a good prezzy by snaring some good recruits..
As for China and USA, the price to pay of going to war would be too much for both countries.. They both know that..

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
This woman makes Diane Abbott and some of the American republicans vaguely competent. A UK MP Claudia Webbe questioning the foreign Secretary in a cabinet committee. For some reason known only to herself, we should be suing Belarus

An MP’s salary is about £82k plus expenses a year btw
I’ll reply to my own post so that the new one makes some sense. This idiot of an MP has now been found guilty of harassment and is looking at a stretch in prison

https://news.sky.com/story/claudia-...h-silent-phone-calls-during-lockdown-12433084

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I’ll reply to my own post so that the new one makes some sense. This idiot of an MP has now been found guilty of harassment and is looking at a stretch in prison

https://news.sky.com/story/claudia-...h-silent-phone-calls-during-lockdown-12433084

They are everywhere Mate. We have a Green MP in NZ, Julie-Ann Genter (born Canadian I stress) who said publicly on climate harm from farming that there was no need for farms anymore as we now have supermarkets.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
They are everywhere Mate. We have a Green MP in NZ, Julie-Ann Genter (born Canadian I stress) who said publicly on climate harm from farming that there was no need for farms anymore as we now have supermarkets.
£85k a year plus expenses she gets, expenses that will include the funding of a second home in London. All on the public purse.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016

This is incredible.

"The court heard during one phone call, Mr Thomas could be heard asking the MP: "Are you mad?"

Prosecutor Susannah Stevens suggested the comment was made "because you had gone mad" but Webbe said: "I'm not mad, I'm a member of parliament."

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Here we have MMP, if you get more than 5% of the vote you get 'List' MP's on top of the electoral ones. The Greens never won a seat in the last election. If it sounds mad, it is.
I didn't vote for it, but at least it stops dictators abusing the system e.g. Robert Muldoon

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Just gotta say, one might be tempted to think that these idiots get into list seats because nobody with brains will offer themselves.

if so... wrong... big time.

In Georgia the other Republican in the primary against that idiot Marjory Taylor Greene was a very sane, very respectable doctor. However Trump supported Greene.

Believe me the internal backstabbing to get a list seat for any party in NZ is mind boggling.

Part of the problem in NZ is the party grass roots I don't have any facts to support my theory but my guess is the grassroots do not fairly reflect the average joe public.

Reactions: Worried2Death

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I have finished reading Anne Applbaums book. Very depressing indeed. It is like reading a book on ecology, and realising that whatever happens we are stuffed.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
And her main role at the moment is looking into the "national planning standards"... basically a district plan to cover the country. Heaven help us all!!!

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
I call BS on this, can't find this quote anywhere. She's said some dumb stuff - but I don't think she's that stupid. I thought I had seen somewhere this quoted by a Green MP in Australia. But nothing on Google.
All I could find was a fact check article about an American, Stacey Abrams being accused of saying something similar - fact check said not true. [LINK]

Here we have MMP, if you get more than 5% of the vote you get 'List' MP's on top of the electoral ones. The Greens never won a seat in the last election. If it sounds mad, it is.
They won Auckland Central.

0/2 today Gizzyfan Gizzyfan ;)

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I have had a number of people quote that to me, if wrong my bad. Still say she is incompetent and thick as pigshit.

Reactions: wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Yeah if you want a circle jerk, fine - but at least assassinate via a valid quote.
Ok, what about when she walked out of an interview saying she ‘wasn’t expecting to be grilled for something the governments was doing’… for a bill that she herself introduced… 🤕

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings