General Is this the twilight of democracy?

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Thats extreme Christianity Bruce I wouldn't put all Christians in that boat.
So Christianity doesn't say that?
I know it doesn't apply to altar boys though.
So please forgive me for being a totally sarcastic bastard.

drake83

So Christianity doesn't say that?
I know it doesn't apply to altar boys though.
So please forgive me for being a totally sarcastic bastard.
That's catholics Bruce I don't know the difference between them and Christians tho.
Like everything over time the essons get watered down.
My take is the Republicans have changed their stance on their core beliefs. Where as democrats have picked up the ball and ran so far left that people who use to be center left are now considered right.

drake83

The world needs to get rid of all this shit and anyone to do with these clowns e.g our prime minister

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

That's catholics Bruce I don't know the difference between them and Christians tho.
Like everything over time the essons get watered down.
My take is the Republicans have changed their stance on their core beliefs. Where as democrats have picked up the ball and ran so far left that people who use to be center left are now considered right.

That the Democrats are far left is on only a Republican invention, they are right wing, the Republicans are in Lala land. Both the American political parties are bought and sold by corporates. Why cant they even get background checks on gun buyers, something over 90% of their population wants. Yet their Congress will not move because the arms industry is paying off Congressmen in the name of donations of loathsome creatures, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, Gohmert and about 50 others.

Reactions: 3 users

drake83

That the Democrats are far left is on only a Republican invention, they are right wing, the Republicans are in Lala land. Both the American political parties are bought and sold by corporates. Why cant they even get background checks on gun buyers, something over 90% of their population wants. Yet their Congress will not move because the arms industry is paying off Congressmen in the name of donations of loathsome creatures, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, Gohmert and about 50 others.
Gun control is to far gone over there you can 3d print guns how do you control that??
The right wing still have the same ideals they had 30 years ago no abortion every one has the right to life, democrats are trying to pass a bill where you can get an abortion at 9 months what was the democrats position on that 30 years ago?
This pic describes it most.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-223720_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-223720_Samsung Internet.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 1 user

drake83

Look at bidens views on abortion 40 years ago to today and you tell me that hasn't gone far left?

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

The world needs to get rid of all this shit and anyone to do with these clowns e.g our prime minister

An autocratic German dictator who wants to take over the world... what could go wrong.

This guy has an agenda too though, he shows clips of Harari out of context as if he's advocating dystopia instead of forecasting future dangers, then says he's praising Japan. It's disingenuous rhetoric to provoke outrage and get your clicks.

Also he misrepresents the basic tenant of communism, the means of production is owned by the people, not necessarily by governments. Marx never advocated dictatorships, Stalin used his ideas for his own purposes. Not that I'm a Marxist.

I follow Jack Posobiec, mostly his coverage of the Maxwell trial, yeah he gets a lot wrong too.

The WEF conspiracies are 90% bullshit imo, it's the other 10% that'll fuck us. Unless of course he's right about everything.

Calls Schwab a Nazi like his dad on one hand, but somehow he's also the enemy of the nazis, a communist. Old mate needs to get his boogymen straight.

Last edited:
mrblonde

mrblonde

Hey, in the German trenches and in the British trenches they all said the same thing:

GOD IS ON OUR SIDE!

Reading up on the Bible here:https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheBible was interesting.

Yes, I'm fully aware https://tvtropes.org doesn't qualify as a peer reviewed, written by highly serious, intelligent, knowledgeable folk (I mean, no serious Professor of Whatever is going to spend years studying the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksman Ship Academy, for instance!) website, but still interesting...

FWIW, I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of an All-Knowing, All-Powerful God - That when you're born, it's all been already mapped out for you to the Nth degree (well, that's what I was told at Monday afternoon Scripture at primary school!) So, God made me disabled. So I decided God's a dick, then.

Getting back to politics, I've read that the Democrats are pretty much regarded as being as Left as National, pretty much, while the Republicans are waaaaaay to the Right. Of course, the person who wrote that might well see themselves as part of the Perfectly Logical And Reasonable Middle. As most people do.

Reactions: 1 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Hey, in the German trenches and in the British trenches they all said the same thing:

GOD IS ON OUR SIDE!

Reading up on the Bible here:https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheBible was interesting.

Yes, I'm fully aware https://tvtropes.org doesn't qualify as a peer reviewed, written by highly serious, intelligent, knowledgeable folk (I mean, no serious Professor of Whatever is going to spend years studying the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksman Ship Academy, for instance!) website, but still interesting...

FWIW, I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of an All-Knowing, All-Powerful God - That when you're born, it's all been already mapped out for you to the Nth degree (well, that's what I was told at Monday afternoon Scripture at primary school!) So, God made me disabled. So I decided God's a dick, then.

Getting back to politics, I've read that the Democrats are pretty much regarded as being as Left as National, pretty much, while the Republicans are waaaaaay to the Right. Of course, the person who wrote that might well see themselves as part of the Perfectly Logical And Reasonable Middle. As most people do.
If time's not linear as some quantum physicists speculate, then the past and future both exist and our lives are mapped out, as in predeterminism. What does that mean for the evidence of an interventionist God? Fucked if I know.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

No matter your personal belief, Church and State have to be separate. Up to the industrial revolution the Church was the dominant influence in politics. The population in the western democracies had a say and could influence the Government. As mass and multi media has emerged you would think that that involvement for the ordinary citizen would increase, the opposite has happened.

America is supposed to be the beacon of democracy, I would argue that it is not a democracy at all now but is an authoritarian state. We have seen glimpses, but nothing has happened so far that will cause their Government to use violence against the population.

Murka is a war economy, their deep state arms industry needs war to make profit, the politicians need their cash so carry out their will. It is notb even disguised, straight from Afghanistan into Ukraine.

Authoritarian Governments need enemies to divert the population away from their shitfuckery, this is plainly obvious in merka. Step back snd look, Russia really presents no threat to US national security. If they interfered with elections, tighten up the election process.

What is the use of a Government of a country that does not have its citizenry as its priority rather than donors and lobby groups. The rise of independent groups is reflecting this. These areseholes think they have the right to rule, fuck them, they do not. We deserve the governments we get, time to wake up.