General Is this the twilight of democracy?

drake83

The state of American politics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-223720_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-223720_Samsung Internet.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 12
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
More good stuff coming out of the US.
Basically the SEC is now officially toothless.

I suppose this opens the door to strike down all federal agency power that might impose regulation on profit making?
Roll up the EPA, CDC...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

drake83

yo, sorry i had to come back to this, but
this is a genuine question. and absolutely no offense intended, but this upsets you?

what about all the kids with learning difficulties or the kids with physical deformities that have a bunch of movies or tv shows or whatever cater to them and make them feel normal and if not normal just a little less weird or different?

please tell me the difference between a kid born with no legs deciding to be a cripple compared to a kid born gay/lesbian/trans/ginger making a choice to be just that because of outside influences.

do you think that anyone who doesn’t feel that they’re in their own skin or feel that once they know what they like, that they’ve been labeled whatever wrongly, you don’t think they get or are entitled to a voice of even a perspective that may put them at ease or even let them live the life they feel is right?
or are they entitled to whatever they want so long as you don’t have to see it?
is it in your view a failure of the parents?

it’s a massive fucking world out there dude and i’ve been around a while, i’m yet to meet a literal single person who decided they’re trans/gay/black/ginger or crippled from watching a cartoon or movie.

you spoke of one person in your school that didn’t come out as gay until after school. do you think that was because they were scared of judgement? or disney just hadn’t made a movie to liberate them or convince them to be something they’re not yet?

again, no offense intended.
i am genuinely interested to see your point of view.
When we were young it wasn't so prevalent or forced in our faces like it is these days.
Kids changing their pronouns just to fit in kids are doing it because it is trendy.
Problem here is these kids could be convinced to under go procedures that are irreversible etc.
Maybe not in nz but it is happening in the states.
Nz are starting to get unisex toilets in the school. Listen to this young woman talk about it.

drake83

How much of this do you reckon is true mate?

I'll have a watch when I get the time I started listening to it today at work but I feel it needs to be viewed. The first 2 minutes are completely true the u.s is infected with markist theories all through their politics and it is dividing their people

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
GOP governor candidate for Pennsylvania, Mastriano is already boasting he is will be in charge of the next presidential election, and will be appointing the Attorney general and election supervisors. That is scary shite if in fact he gets elected.

Last edited:
bruce

bruce

Contributor
also...some gossip of twitter about the 1/6 committee and DOJ investigations into the insurrection.

Merkin Feds love using the conspiracy charge.

It exists here as well, but they have really sharpened up on it there, over the decades, to counter organised crime.

What this means is that now they have established there was a conspiracy to overturn the election (NOTE: that was ruled by a Judge in a civil suit earlier this year), anybody involved in any part, no matter how small, can be indicted as a co-conspirator.

So that means any congressman who made any comment in support of the insurrection before, or maybe even after, is in line for indictment.

I think it could also include that madman Mastriano. It will certainly include the idiots who took visitors through Congress the day before.

So there may be mass indictments on the way, just like they used to do for the Mafia.

Reactions: 2 users

drake83

GOP governor candidate for Pennsylvania, Mastriano is already boasting he is will be in charge of the next presidential election, and will be appointing the Attorney general and election supervisors. That is scary shite if in fact he gets elelected.
I'd like to think Republicans play fairer than democrats in todays society

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I'd like to think Republicans play fairer than democrats in todays society
Sorry brother.
They have been taken over by crazies.
Sending cruise missiles into to Mexico, arresting the Michigan AG, and executing her for treason.
Just for starters, they are nucking futz

bruce

bruce

Contributor
When we were young it wasn't so prevalent or forced in our faces like it is these days.
Kids changing their pronouns just to fit in kids are doing it because it is trendy.
Problem here is these kids could be convinced to under go procedures that are irreversible etc.
Maybe not in nz but it is happening in the states.
Nz are starting to get unisex toilets in the school. Listen to this young woman talk about it.

Christianity has a lot to answer for.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Professor Lawrence Tribe is one of the most respected constitutional experts in Merka. I have never known him to overstate an opinion.

He says that if the GOP win the next mid term in November, and that when the 2024 Presidential election comes around they will have congress and the senate block any Democratic Presidential candidate.

No excuse required, they can just block it.

It will be that simple, they almost got away with it this time. Next time they will.

Scary shite ladies and jellybeans.

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor

From Bernard Hickey

=================================================

Number of the day​

An ever-growing savings glut​

US$2.04t - The amount of cash deposited with the US Federal Reserve overnight by banks and fund managers surpassed US$2t for the first time as a rapidly falling US Government need to borrow has removed the safe option of Treasury bills. This wall of cash in bank accounts reflects an ongoing savings glut and huge amounts of savings by consumers and businesses during Covid from cash payments by the Government.

Here’s the FT-$$$’s explanation:

Ultra-safe and easily traded Treasury bills are typically the go-to investment for money market funds.
But the decline in the supply of Treasury bills has meant funds are competing for fewer assets, pushing prices up and prompting fund managers to look for alternatives. That has driven many to the Fed’s RRP facility, including 94 counterparties on Monday. The overnight facility will pay a rate of 0.8 per cent. FT-$$$
So what? - There are cash gluts in banks and central banks all over the world after Covid stimulus ended up in the hands of households and businesses who needed up not needing it, and have not given it back. However, they are also not reinvesting or spending it, because they have no need to and are mostly focused on wealth retention, rather than wealth creation.
This is at the core of the problem of widening inequality, which has been exacerbated by Covid: the more and more wealth that is stored in the hands of fewer and fewer people, the less and less of it is invested for growth or spent, which leads to slower long-term growth.
=================================================

Wonder if similar happened here.